The Money Store Employee Reviews

never a dull moment in this place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 30, 2017
the customers that we had in our store were really some characters. i enjoyed the time that i was there. i was able to start in as a associate and was moved to become a assistant office manager
Programmer / Analyst
Application Developer, Technical Writer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I played a minor role in the development and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure. It was a reasonably organized function but there were a few problems. I don't think it should have been developed on PC systems due to the limitations PCs suffered at the time.

One thing I will note. The access code to the IT room was being changed virtually daily, suggesting a lot of turnover.
Pros
They were trying hard to be a good company
Cons
I don't think they should have depended on contractors so much
Trained new associates, worked with payroll and money daily, customer serivce
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 15, 2016
I loved working for this company. Once the company changed hands is when the company changed, I loved the manger I worked with as well.
The Money Store Is The Most Dysfunctional Company In The U.S.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Floham Park, NSeptember 28, 2016
The worst company ever. I was spending all of my days trying to get extensions by sellers realtors when the file did not even get assigned to underwriters. The Money Store is run by total incompetents . Stay away from MLD MORTGAGE INC dba THE MONEY STORE. Loan Officers should get out of this dump because you get your name tainted and get customer complaints. Look online at The Money Store Reviews and Testimonials. You will see thousands of complaints and bad reviews. I will bet anything that they will be out of business in the next twelve months. They have no right in taking on new customers. Dysfunctional, incompetent, and just plain idiots.
Good starting salary
Branch Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2016
Inexperienced management. Company located to Sacramento from Eastern USA. It grew too fast. Management could not handle such swift growth. Provided little or no training with their new financial products.
Pros
Good starting salary
Cons
No training
Great and challenging company to work for.
Customer Service Call Center Associate II (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CANovember 9, 2015
Working in call center is a new challenge everyday. You always learn new things working in the call center. This place taught me a lot working in the mortgage field. Great company and manager to work for.
Bank Lenders
Jr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2015
I work from Home I call clients who need help with their mortgage
If they need help I take an application make sure the qualify for the program they need, if they do. I send it to my office in New York
Pros
work from home
Cons
comission only, it takes 2 months to close
A progressive, forward thinking company
Telecommunications Analyst/Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2015
As far as the IT department went, we were given proper tools and resources to produce effective results. Unfortunately, many jobs were eliminated when the company was bought out.
Nice place to work
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2015
This was a long time ago this was a good company to work for. I worked for Foreclosures and found this to be a hard job. Although working with customers and trying help them save there houses it wasn't always easy and if we hard to auction it off I always felt bad for the ones that worked hard to try and keep it.
Pros
good company
Cons
hard job
Job Experience
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 16, 2015
I was given an opportunity to take on a role with little/no experience, and it provided me with a knowledge base that allowed me to accept a role for another company, in a new city, and expand my horizons beyond what I could have imagined.
Deed Writer
Deed Typist (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAFebruary 23, 2015
I was typing with early computers - Deeds and had to be EXACT! A period or comma in a wrong location would mean a different address! It was high tension, and our Boss demanded excellence. Challenging but I understood it all.
Pros
The Money I Made was Excellent!
Cons
The Pressure from Day - to - Day because of Our Boss!
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYAugust 20, 2014
Fast paced work environment. Friendly co-workers and great training.
Good Company.
FHA DE Underwriter Wholesale/Retail (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Company went through changes. Had good working hours. Company offered overtime and it was never an issue. Managers were good.
Pros
n/a
Cons
none.
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 24, 2014
Process 25-35 FHA, and conventional loans per month, from submission to selling the loans in the secondary market. Maintain direct communications with clients, loan officers, and all third parties.
Good Company
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 18, 2013
Tuff economy and company worked well to get loans funded.
Worked 8 hour days. Manager was very talented. Great coworkers. Tuff part is processing was on east coast. Best part of the job was my coworkers and the great rates and low closing costs.
Pros
Great rates
Cons
Processing on east coast.
Fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmwood parkNovember 21, 2013
Great energy good management. A lot of fun working there. Great incentives and a good team atmosphere
Pros
contests, big payouts for successful sales.
Cons
Went out of business
The money store
Financial Analyst/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJJuly 24, 2013
Process mortgage applications and service incoming calls, also assisted with closing loans
Great company to work for
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  denver, coJune 26, 2013
General Loan processing duties. Management was supportive and not afraid to jump in to help! Hardest part of the job was meeting end of month goals, reachable but difficult.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
company shut down
lunch time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 15, 2013
I appreciated the dressing nice and it was an easy job! It was a small office with no windows, but I was determined to learn new information.
Pros
dressing nice and the luncheons
Cons
small office with no windows
Productive fun work place
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2013
i really enjoyed working in this call center. people are very friendly .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Money Store. Our community is ready to answer.