Monroe Group, Ltd is seeking an individual for the position of General Maintenance Worker for their multi-unit apartment complex in Gary, IN.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: The organization was founded over 30 years ago with a management agreement for a single 81- unit property. Today, the organization manages a portfolio of over 41 multi-unit properties serving families, seniors, and persons with disabilities, totaling nearly 3,600 units with a combination of Project Based Section 8 and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC). In addition to all of its Section 8 and LIHTC properties, the company manages mixed-income, and a market-rate development within a multi-state portfolio operating in 11 states and growing.
The general maintenance worker is responsible for completing building maintenance and repairs and performs unit make-ready duties on empty units.
- Performs duties related to work orders and projects that include electrical, plumbing, drywall replacement and/or repair, painting, snow removal, lock replacement, tile repairs, blind and window treatment and/or replacement, HVAC furnace and a/c repairs.
- Complete all maintenance requests issued in a timely manner
- Organized record keeping of appliance replacement, carpet and paints.
- Ensure vacant apartment are made ready per The Monroe Group Standards - scheduling vendors, flooring, painting, cleaning, replacing of appliance and general repairs.
- Work within budget limits established
- Maintain building inventory for cost effective operations
- Schedule and complete Preventive Maintenance
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors
- Responsible for 24-Hour emergency maintenance call outs; carry mobile phone/radio as required for on-call Maintenance
- Complete grounds work, which may include picking up trash, sweeping curbs, and maintain areas around the dumpster
- Monitor and maintain all building systems
- Assists with annual inspections with outside vendors on backflow pressure testing, elevators, fire panel and fire extinguisher testing.
- Follows all company emergency procedures. Ensure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled.
- Must be able to use hand tools
- Must be able to use maintenance equipment
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely mannner.
- Must own and provide necessary tools related to assigned duties.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of building maintenance to including: electrical; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); carpentry; plumbing, etc.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of maintenance technician including HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and appliance repair knowledge
- Experience in an affordable housing environment preferred
- Technical training and license preferred
- Hand, power and specialty tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The employee will be exposed to indoor and outdoor work environments with frequent exposure to odors, waste, insects, pests and occasional exposure to confined spaces. The noise level changes on a consistent basis.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, grasp with both hands, or feel; substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers; reaching and pulling with hands and arms.
- Prolonged standing. Occasional walking is required for short distances.
- Ability to consistently move/drag/lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include having accurate color vision
- Frequent stretching out of arms, and use of upper body.
- Occasional turning and twisting at the waist.
- Noise level is moderate
- The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 5 months ago