The Morning Star Company has outstanding opportunities for Ag majors and experienced professionals!
If you want to get immediate, career-building experience in a large agriculture operation, take a look at our Group Coordinator role. This position is where our leaders start out. If you have the fundamentals and the desire, you can build a solid base of experience with us.
Please inquire directly at morningstarco.com
California Sun Grower Services harvests tomatoes on over seventy thousand acres supplying tomatoes to processing facilities in Central California. In addition to harvesting activities, California Sun also provides custom transplanting and other farm services as well as farming its own operations and joint venture farming operations.
Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral, with each colleague’s Mission as their guiding principle of action. Respect, influence and success is based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness.
This colleague’s mission is to transplant and harvest productively and safely, in order to provide great customer satisfaction. The position is hourly ($15 - $25 DOQ). Expected annual earnings are in the range of $50,000 to $80,000 (which includes seasonal hours and OT).
This is a full time, year round position. This person will coordinate achieving their mission with a group of operational colleagues, be based in the Los Banos area of California’s Central Valley and operate throughout the Valley. The successful candidate would have experience in mission related disciplines, such as, large scale agriculture mechanical harvesting, transplanting and crop production. Extensive experience in maintaining and repairing farming and harvesting equipment, and be bilingual in English and Spanish. This position is for a hands-on professional who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, and who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions.
1. Coordinate people, equipment and supplies within a harvesting & transplanting group to accomplish your Mission.
2. Promote and implement proper equipment operating procedures in a manner conducive to safety standards.
3. Work with other colleagues and contractors train equipment operators and others in proper operating procedures.
4. Analyze a transplant and harvest group’s performance and trends. Address issues impacting performance in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Minimize equipment damage to transplant and harvest group equipment.
6. Perform routine maintenance, diagnose field break downs, perform field repairs relative to diagnostics and preform off season over hauls on a transplant and harvester group’s equipment.
7. Develop and maintain a professional relationship with customer growers.
8. Develop and maintain an enthusiastic presence for California Sun Grower Service in the field and farming community.
9. Responsibilities may require overnight travel.
10. Promote a culture focused on job safety following the standards and procedures set forth in the Morning Star Company Safety Program.
11. Audit the performance and quality of service provided by a group. Use audits to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
12. Organize and coordinate field moves in a safe and efficient manner.
13. Promote and enforce a high level accountability amongst colleagues and contractors.
14. Provide operational and performance reports as requested by fellow colleagues.
15. Promote and encourage an environment conducive to the principles of Self-Management.
1. Extensive knowledge of general farm machinery and mechanics. Including but not limited to:
b. D/C Electrical
c. Shaft & Equipment Alignment
d. Hydraulic Systems
f. Diesel Engines
g. Welding ability
2. Ability to read, write and comprehend complex processes and instructions.
3. Ability to understand, embrace and integrate into a Self-Managed Environment.
4. Ability to take ownership of a group and treat it as your own personal business in which you take complete responsibility for.
5. Ability to build a team, share knowledge and experience with peers and play a leadership role within a group.
6. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format.
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.