Job Title: Mortgage Consultant
Location: Centerville, Ohio
Organization: The Mortgage Network of Ohio
The successful candidate will be responsible for mortgage origination of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and VA financing.
Essential desktop underwriting programs for initial approval of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/FHA and VA loans.
- Effectively and accurately providing all State, Federal, and company specific compliance documents necessary to be compliant with lending laws and company policies.
- Transmitting loan information to account executives and processing staff, in writing, as well as electronically, verbally, and by facsimile as needed to move the loan process through completion.
- Coordinating and gathering income, and other documentation, from clients.
- Contacting third party vendors to request needed documentation and information.
- Proactively working to solve issues that are delaying the progress of pending business, and working with internal teammates to resolve such issues.
- Following up with underwriters, account executives, and other third parties, for prompt service and follow through.
- Reviewing settlement statements and closing information, in relation to interest rates, fee revenue, closing costs, etc. with internal and external customers.
- Communicating with internal teammates about the status of pending business.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Licensing as a Mortgage Loan Originator (reimbursement provided as needed for select candidates.)
- The ability to work well independently, as well as in a close-knit environment, in a small office of 4-7 peers.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking capability.
- Good attention to detail.
- The aptitude for self-starting, and to keep pace with client and team needs, in regards to communication.
- Good data input skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (or similar) word processing software.
- Industry software proficiency on programs such as Desktop Originator and Loan Origination Software (LOS.)