The Motley Fool Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 12, 2015
A company with great benefits. I've learned that it is about politics and who you know. That is how you grow and move ahead. Product and services are at best pretty minimal. Do they really help the world invest better? They focus on membership count and will execute any path to attain that despite test and planning. Member service team is the least respected yet they shine this transparent light in an effort to send a weak message of collaboration. Major turnovers. There are people who do the least amount work, have big titles and are overpaid. The Motley Fool represents the cliche of all that glitter is definitely not gold.
Pros
Benefits, treadmill desk
Cons
leadership, vision and goals.
Select Freelancer (Former Employee) –  TelecommutingDecember 1, 2014
This was a telecommuting job that trained well and allowed me to produce at my own pace. My articles were syndicated on Yahoo! Finance daily, and many of those articles were syndicated on that Yahoo! home page.
Pros
Work/Life Balance.
Amazing company
Investing Intern (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 18, 2014
Great company to work for. Excellent intern experience, specially within the investing team. Rigorous and ongoing learning from day one. Also, tons of activities for employees and amazing work-life balance options offered to employees.
Fun workplace, poor business model
Freelance Financial Writer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 12, 2014
There's truly nothing like The Motley Fool headquarters, where the culture is treasured as the company's most precious asset, and rightly so. As long as you do your work and do it well, there are laid-back hours. Management is very visible and responsive, and my co-workers are some of the smartest people I've ever met. The hardest part of the job is formulating original, engaging and relevant content day-in and day-out, while the most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom and generally good-natured demeanor of fellow employees. Unfortunately the success of the business is woefully dependent upon several large factors outside its locus of control, which makes it quite vulnerable and somewhat unable (or unwilling) to form its own destiny.
Pros
Flexible work hours, company culture
Cons
No benefits for freelancers, the company changes directions quickly
Best place I've ever worked
Linux Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 30, 2013
By far the best place I've ever worked. Of course it's not perfect, but no place is. What makes it great though is I do at least believe the sincerity of "management." And you are treated, and expected to behave, like a responsible adult.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits, culture
Cons
Average compensation
Quintessential dotCom workplace
Web-Dev Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 14, 2013
Meetings in bean bags, nerf battles, foosball, and high tech software development. I learned an enormous amount from working with some of the smartest people I've ever met. Only downside was the internet bubble burst.
Pros
Great people, challenging work, fun!
Cons
Lower pay scale
Hard Working People
Equity Analyst/Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2013
Great coworkers, smart intellectual and they love Equities and believe in long-term fundamental approach to investing.
Productive a fun atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 22, 2013
A typical day at work is anywhere from phone coverage, to invoices, or handling a outrageous customer need

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Motley Fool. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4