The Mount Sinai Medical Center

The Mount Sinai Medical Center Employer Reviews

Good experience
Research Associate (Former Employee), New York NYFebruary 13, 2015
Employees are dedicated to their work. They work very hard. Employees are from different countries and background. The hospital is good.
My department in itself is a wonderful place to work, as we are like family but we do work very hard for excellenct patient care.
Administrative Assistant GI Pathology (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: usual overtime, but ok
I have worked here at Mount Sinai for 9 1/2 years and have been very happy here. I have advanced alot also. I feel like I have learned alot, and continue to learn.
I do enjoy working with my supervisor and co-workers.
My supervisor is a wonderful person/supervisor, works well with you and disciplines and reprimands as needed, which we all need at some point.
I really do not consider any part of the job difficult or hardest, I just do what I have to do to the best of my ability and accomplish what needs to be done and take it all in stride, and before I know it, the days is over.

Sincerely,

Laura Nardoni
World Class Medical Institution
Medical Clerical Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: union, healthcare, benefits and job security
A typical day involves interacting with a diverse group of patients, providers and coworkers. Gratefully my colleagues are very positive and supportive team to work with. Working here has helped me grow professionally, it has also taught me the importance of patient care and customer service. The management here comes from various medical facilities across the nation. They lead firmly, but fairly with the goal to ensure the institution moves towards the organization mission statement. The hardest part of the job is the high call volume and the constant need for change to adapt to the changes in the industry. Personally being able to provide care and services back to the community makes me feel I make a positive difference.
Great place to work for benefits attractive campus
lab support (Former Employee), gp pavilionJuly 10, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: small locker rooms
Managment can tend to be very funny at times with never any real solid answers as to you as an employee and managers should really try to communicate better within themselves.
Senior Sonographer Maternal-Fetal Medicine (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2014
The MFM doctors are amazing and a pleasure to work with. I enjoy all my coworkers.
Wonderful people to work with and plenty of room to grow.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pros: wonderful people, good benefits, a lot of days off.
Cons: low pay.
I started as a secretary, and was overqualified but I wanted to get a foot in the door.
After two years, I was promoted to Buyer, and that same year I was again promoted to Senior Buyer.
I was blessed to work with mostly wonderful people.
The work was challenging and interesting.
I learned a lot and grew a lot and made many wonderful contacts.
The pay was low (as at most hospitals) but I did receive two substantial raises with my promotions.
If you are willing to work hard and you care about the work you do and the people you work with, I believe you can advance, grow and succeed at Mount Sinai Hospital. Many of my friends there also grew and gained higher positions and raises. Even the young woman who did "Building Services" for the department, who was a student, she got the opportunity to be a secretary, so she went from cleaning toilets to being a well-respected secretary, and of course she can be promoted from there!
Yes, you need to know how to work it, but if you do, you can grow at Mount Sinai Hospital.
A good place to work
CT/MR Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: great schedule
Flex schedule allowed me to earn my BS Degree
Good Management
I was a recruiter for admin assistants, certain medical positions and some management positions
Staffing Specialist Human Resources Department (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2013
Pros: i was able to work independently and make decisions
Cons: they were merging with another hospital which made for a difficult work environment.
A typical day at work involved recruiting for positions which involved reviewing resumes submitted for specific jobs. I usually conducted several interviews during the day and, if the candidate was qualified referred the candidate to the hiring manager. I conducted reference checks for employment and education credentials.
I learned how important it was to read resumes and applications very carefully, to verify and confirm information and to conduct successful interviews by asking open-ended and follow-up questions.
My co-workers were many and since I was working in a hospital I interacted with many levels of professionals.
The hardest part of the job was finding the best qualified candidate for the jobs available.
The most enjoyable part of the job was finding a candidate who had the qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job successfully.
Clean, beautiful, professional.
Biomedical Engineering Consultant (Former Employee), 1 Gustave L. Levy Pl, New York, NY 10029June 19, 2013
The Mount Sinai Medical Center is a wonderful place inside and out. I enjoyed my work as a Biomedical Engineering Consultant there because I got to travel throughout all the buildings which make up this medical center as well as it's satellite locations. It was my shortest temp contract but it felt like one of the longest as in this brief period of time I have met more people and learned more things than anywhere before that.
Great place to learn...
Data Coordinator (Current Employee), New YorkJune 3, 2013
Pros: flexible, recreation office (movie tickets at a cheaper price)
Cons: difficult to get a raise or move up in the department
Great place to work to gain experience in the medical field. Some days may be hectic and fast paced, while other days are more relaxed, allowing you more time to catch up on pending work. Co-workers are great and become like family. The hardest part of the job is, since I work in the cancer center, is to find out people have passed away. The best part of the job is when patients appreciate all the hard work you have done. To quote one of them: "Thank you for everything. You guys are part of our treatment/healing process and without you we would not be able to get through this."
Computer technician
Computer Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2013
Pros: good experance
Cons: work load
My day starts off with a list of projects that need attention first. I have an open door policy, I work with many doctors ,residents and medical students. There are many request to have passwords reset or problems with computers in the many call rooms I cover. We also have a surgical simulator center which I take care of. My coworkers are the best they care about your well being and are interested in your life. I think the hardest part is keeping up with the doctor requests of the department. The best part working with good people and working with computers
Goog Place to work
Application Analyst III (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: great opportunities for growth
Cons: high work load
Good place to work..good management and very diverse teams...
great chance for upward growth and you get exposed to all kind of cutting edge advances.
i will say, work load is very high ....that is a demerit..But, if you want to grow in career, this is a good place to be
A Typical day at work
Nursing Assistant, Rehabilitation medicine (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2012
Pros: meet new people
Cons: not too much teamwork
caring for the patients, direct 1:1 care with the patients who are on fall precautions, bathing and feeding. the co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient.
Manager, Managed Care Department (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2012
Pros: learned a lot of new skills, worked with people from different departments
Cons: coercion from hmos to accept low rates
I have to say, that in two years on the job at Sinai, I really learned a lot about hospital administration and insurance companies. A typical day would involve a negotiation over a transplant, a phone call from fin ace about a bill, and preparation of marketing materials. I really enjoyed working with different people from numerous departments to get the information I needed to make a project work. The hardest part of the job was wading through the paperwork to get the job done.