The Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

No comments
Administrative Assistant - Development Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
No comments at this time, working at Mt Sinai at that time was very interesting. I am not quite sure if what I did back them still exists. Reviewed patients registration charts for relevant information pertaining the research and development department.
Cons
Supportive workplace, excellent learning environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
A great institution to work for. Working in a very busy practice, I have learned that team work is the key to success. Management in my practice is always supportive and embraces different cultural values. Hardest part of my job is probably dealing with insurance issues for patients. The most rewarding part of my job is the recognition from management and incentives.
Excellent work place!!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
Best place to work! The Doctors are phenomenal along with the nurses. Work place Stress is to the minimum. I would recommend working in the operating room. I've had a wonderful experience.
Productive and great learning experience
Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Typical clerical work, staff was wonderful to work with, the hardest part of the job was management's inability to have more than one perspective, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with a motivated staff that was genuinely interested in helping others obtain health benefits
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
patients were difficult to contact for follow up after discharge
Great collegues and compensation
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Not much growth opportunity. No internal review for promotion. High turnover rate. Many employees that had been there for over 10 years are searching for career opportunities elsewhere due to feeling of under appreciated by the management team.
Pros
healthcare, retirement 403, tuition reimbursement, sick days accumulation
Cons
no promotion, poor management, no salary increase, 3% every 4 years
World Class Healthcare Institution
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
Mt Sinai is a fast paced healthcare facility and teaching institution. One is able to keep up to date with the constant changes in the world of healthcare and medicine. Management is well balanced between the various divisions allowing leaders to focus on areas of their expertise. One challenge was the merger of institutions, but in my opinion it was handled well and most of the facilities have adjusted to the changes at this point in time.
Pros
Plenty of available resources. Well organized.
Cons
travel distance between campuses.
Typical Mobile X-Ray Company
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2016
The original owner was very nice and treated her staff accordingly. Under new management, they have become just like the other mobile X-Ray companies in the region. Long hours and insufficient benefits. Nevertheless, it is an unique experience.
Pros
Low possibility of micromanagement. Overtime always available.
Cons
Staffing issues. Insufficient benefits. Long hours.
The hardest part of the job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Maintaining a smooth work flow. Attending to all patient issues in a timely manner. Insurance discrepancies. Not enough staff to get things done.
Pros
Vacation time and health benefits
Cons
Low pay, short staffing
DATA BASE SUPERVISOR/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Best Hospital in NY. Raises and bonuses often. Advancement is possible. Great educational benefits. Job security. Continues to grow as a hospital. Advancing in technology
Excellent training ground, wonderful community of colleagues, good benefits
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Mount Sinai is a wonderful place of employment. The social work department is supportive and the positions are challenging and varied.
Good experience
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New York NYFebruary 13, 2015
Employees are dedicated to their work. They work very hard. Employees are from different countries and background. The hospital is good.
My department in itself is a wonderful place to work, as we are like family but we do work very hard for excellenct patient care.
Administrative Assistant GI Pathology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
I have worked here at Mount Sinai for 9 1/2 years and have been very happy here. I have advanced alot also. I feel like I have learned alot, and continue to learn.
I do enjoy working with my supervisor and co-workers.
My supervisor is a wonderful person/supervisor, works well with you and disciplines and reprimands as needed, which we all need at some point.
I really do not consider any part of the job difficult or hardest, I just do what I have to do to the best of my ability and accomplish what needs to be done and take it all in stride, and before I know it, the days is over.

Sincerely,

Laura Nardoni
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
usual overtime, but ok
World Class Medical Institution
Medical Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
A typical day involves interacting with a diverse group of patients, providers and coworkers. Gratefully my colleagues are very positive and supportive team to work with. Working here has helped me grow professionally, it has also taught me the importance of patient care and customer service. The management here comes from various medical facilities across the nation. They lead firmly, but fairly with the goal to ensure the institution moves towards the organization mission statement. The hardest part of the job is the high call volume and the constant need for change to adapt to the changes in the industry. Personally being able to provide care and services back to the community makes me feel I make a positive difference.
Pros
Union, Healthcare, Benefits and Job Security
Great place to work for benefits attractive campus
lab support (Former Employee) –  gp pavilionJuly 10, 2014
Managment can tend to be very funny at times with never any real solid answers as to you as an employee and managers should really try to communicate better within themselves.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
small locker rooms
Senior Sonographer Maternal-Fetal Medicine (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2014
The MFM doctors are amazing and a pleasure to work with. I enjoy all my coworkers.
Wonderful people to work with and plenty of room to grow.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2014
I started as a secretary, and was overqualified but I wanted to get a foot in the door.
After two years, I was promoted to Buyer, and that same year I was again promoted to Senior Buyer.
I was blessed to work with mostly wonderful people.
The work was challenging and interesting.
I learned a lot and grew a lot and made many wonderful contacts.
The pay was low (as at most hospitals) but I did receive two substantial raises with my promotions.
If you are willing to work hard and you care about the work you do and the people you work with, I believe you can advance, grow and succeed at Mount Sinai Hospital. Many of my friends there also grew and gained higher positions and raises. Even the young woman who did "Building Services" for the department, who was a student, she got the opportunity to be a secretary, so she went from cleaning toilets to being a well-respected secretary, and of course she can be promoted from there!
Yes, you need to know how to work it, but if you do, you can grow at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Pros
Wonderful people, good benefits, a lot of days off.
Cons
Low pay.
A good place to work
CT/MR Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2013
Flex schedule allowed me to earn my BS Degree
Good Management
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
I was a recruiter for admin assistants, certain medical positions and some management positions
Staffing Specialist Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2013
A typical day at work involved recruiting for positions which involved reviewing resumes submitted for specific jobs. I usually conducted several interviews during the day and, if the candidate was qualified referred the candidate to the hiring manager. I conducted reference checks for employment and education credentials.
I learned how important it was to read resumes and applications very carefully, to verify and confirm information and to conduct successful interviews by asking open-ended and follow-up questions.
My co-workers were many and since I was working in a hospital I interacted with many levels of professionals.
The hardest part of the job was finding the best qualified candidate for the jobs available.
The most enjoyable part of the job was finding a candidate who had the qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job successfully.
Pros
I was able to work independently and make decisions
Cons
They were merging with another hospital which made for a difficult work environment.
Clean, beautiful, professional.
Biomedical Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  1 Gustave L. Levy Pl, New York, NY 10029June 19, 2013
The Mount Sinai Medical Center is a wonderful place inside and out. I enjoyed my work as a Biomedical Engineering Consultant there because I got to travel throughout all the buildings which make up this medical center as well as it's satellite locations. It was my shortest temp contract but it felt like one of the longest as in this brief period of time I have met more people and learned more things than anywhere before that.
Great place to learn...
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 3, 2013
Great place to work to gain experience in the medical field. Some days may be hectic and fast paced, while other days are more relaxed, allowing you more time to catch up on pending work. Co-workers are great and become like family. The hardest part of the job is, since I work in the cancer center, is to find out people have passed away. The best part of the job is when patients appreciate all the hard work you have done. To quote one of them: "Thank you for everything. You guys are part of our treatment/healing process and without you we would not be able to get through this."
Pros
Flexible, Recreation office (movie tickets at a cheaper price)
Cons
Difficult to get a raise or move up in the department