The MSR Group

The MSR Group Employer Reviews

unexceptional storytelling with morally dubious lessons
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), OmahaJune 21, 2014
Pros: i don't know.
Cons: you may as well be looking for greener grass, because it's pretty dry here.
This job isn't even worth having.

A typical day at work is like this: You can't live a positive life surrounded by negative minds.

What I learned: From experience working here, I always reminded myself that any sort of criticism in the office—from a boss or anyone else—should never be taken personally, if I could help it. Sure, sometimes criticism – more... can be constructive—but other times it can be pretty destructive. And if you can learn to look at things objectively, rather than personally, it’s a lot easier to keep your emotions in tact—and hopefully, learn from the experience.

Management: Whatever the reason, a far better approach by management is to treat everyone with respect by engaging and empowering others through inspiration and example. This company does not do this whatsoever. The best leaders bring out the best in people by making them feel good about themselves and their capabilities. The management here at this company has no clue as to how to do that.

My Co-workers: My co-workers kept looking for a solution to keep their jobs from day to day. They couldn't find one. So, my co-workers kept changing every day, as this company has such a high rate of turnover,always.

The hardest part of the job: You're not allowed to work 40 hours in one week.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Haters gonna hate - but it makes them better at their job, right? Grumpy and negative people are more efficient than happy colleagues, right? Maybe this will give you a clue about how enjoyable this job possibly can be. – less
Fast cash, friendly people
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 6, 2014
Working at MSR Group was okay. Everybody is part time so it is really just a job to have when you already have a job and need fast cash.
Very repetitive
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2014
Made outbound calls to survey client customers and the general public
Tracked customer responses through data entr
Stay away!
Telephone interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NeMarch 20, 2014
Pros: they hire teens who have no experience.
Cons: very unprofessional atmosphere!
I worked at The MSR Group part-time for less than a year

Pros – I thought I had a good reason to work there in the beginning, with flex hours and expected pay raise for performance. If you don't mind losing your raise every 3 months, this is the place to work.

Cons – However, that is not the case. They will find a way to take that raise from you, – more... as they are interested in keeping their money. I thought it was very unsanitary as we had to use/recycle the same pieces of paper everyday to inform us of our call project. There were countless people always coughing with the flu and cold and they could care less that germs were spread though the sheets. It was the worst call center I have seen in Omaha.

Advice to Senior Management – Be honest, put your employees first, value them, because THEY earn you the money! – less
Professional environment, developping people skills
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 6, 2013
Pros: good compensation
Cons: short breaks, very repetitive
Improved customer service skills by dealing with survey takers on a daily basis. Also improved transcription skills
It was an alright place.
Call center interviewer (Current Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks. always on a call
This job was an okay place. Just wasn't the job for me. My co-workers are nice and friendly. Hardest part of the job was constantly being on the phones.
Interesting to hear peoples views on topics
Public Opinion Polling Interviewer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 29, 2012
Pros: flexable with time when dealing with your primary job
Cons: company has a very high turn over rate for interviewers.
Company was a great learning experience for dealing with publics opinions on top topics that were being presented.
Productive fun workplace.
Surveys (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 21, 2011
Pros: just being able to work, and get paid.
Cons: customers yelling at you, or cussing you out for calling them.
Calling customers on different surveys, and being able to talk to customers on a professional level.