The MSR Group Employee Reviews

Exciting
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 6, 2017
Most hardest part of my job was having to switch positions when people didn't want to come in. I learned a lot at Wendy's. it was a fun place to work at.
The MSR Group
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 28, 2017
The MSR group offers flexible hours, in the day time and the evening, easy training, and a casual and relaxed work environment
Monotonous. Pay is to low
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha,NEDecember 27, 2016
Considering minimum wage is $9.00, the pay is to low and goals are set at an almost unattainable level so don't expect more than the 10 advertised.The job might be tolerable if the atmosphere wasn't as bland as the job itself. Calls come in at such a furious pace you cannot even say hello to your neighbor or wish someone a good morning. You are strongly encouraged to arrive five minutes early for your shift and the person unlocking the doors is consistently right on time or running a little late. For a four hour shift you receive a 10 minute break. After the first two hours of my shift my head would be pounding trying to stay within what was expected, no time whatsoever between calls.
You can do better than this bottom line.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Almost everything else.
Get starting job
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 9, 2016
When first working at the MSR group it was a wonderful career opportunity for a first time job. It was part time, flexible hours, and ok pay with the exception that you had to make your own pay. There are no benefits or rewards for the work that you did. This made it exceptionally hard to be passionate about the job at hand. With this job, I met wonderful people on a day to day basis, and also taught very good valuable life lessons in doing so. For example, being patient and always conducting myself in such a manner that was professional. The hardest part of this job is the poor management, and their undesired to change the environment for their workers. No benefits or career advancement in the facility. When I left, I made sure I was in good standing, but would not work there again. It still is a wonderful opportunity for first time workers. I decided I deserved better in a career and took the first opportunity that came my way!
Cons
cleanliness, no bonus, breaks limited, poor management
Good place to work.
Telephone Market Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2016
The management is really nice if you take the time to get to know them. They do their best to run the call center. It helps if you get to know your coworkers as well. If you have a good attitude, you will be just fine. Repetitive at times, but if you do good, your pay goes up! Whooooo! I just wish the upper management would offer more hours. You can only work 28 hours a week because they don't want to have to offer you health insurance.
Pros
Great work/life balance, request off days, flexible work schedule, incentives, coworkers, management
Cons
No benefits, chairs, cuibicles are old
You're basically a human voice robot
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 3, 2016
You read a script 60 times an hour and it has to be EXACT, management won't speak to you even when you ask a question, coworkers are ok although there's not really anytime to even meet them really, you read your script and then 8 seconds later you read it again. It's easy but seem like an endurance test to not quit each shift.
Pros
They hire anybody and you pick your hours
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, lazy management
Fun work environment
Interviewer\Quality Assurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2016
I have been employed with this company for many years and have enjoyed my time working here. The management is friendly and a fun group of people to work with. They are very flexible and allow you to choose your own hours. The downfall is you aren't able to work more than 28 hours if you are not a full time employee. The starting wage is pretty good but can increase quickly depending on how well you do. I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a easy part time job!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Part Time employees can't exceed 28 hours
The perfect part time job
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 12, 2016
The flexibility that The MSR Group offers is perfect for someone looking for part time employment. Especially for students and those that need a second job. It's a great first job with the flexibility in schedule and hours they offer. Your able to work as little as 12 hours to as many as 28 hours a week. Your can also change your schedule every two weeks. They give you 8 total days off per quarter as well, There is an opportunity to make really good money here. You can make up to $15 an hour. Most interviewers make between $11 to $12 an hour. It's all based on your production.

The work consists of doing scripted surveys. Once a call is connected you just read what's there and input the persons responses. Everyday you get a number of projects to work on. Everything is all right there at your computer and your able to work independently. It's a very relaxed atmosphere.

The managers are very friendly, respectful, and professional. They're always available for any questions or concerns you may have. I've met some great people at The MSR Group, many I consider close friends.

If I had to pick the hardest part of the job, it would be when your respondent goes off script or when you have to keep them on the task at hand. That's something you'll learn in training and be more comfortable with the more you do it. It's really not a difficult job. The best part is the people. From the management down there are great people that work at The MSR Group.
Pros
Flexibility, relaxed atmosphere, great first job
Cons
Can be repetitive
Meh
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 2, 2016
It was an okay job for a little extra cash but after a little over a month I couldn't do it anymore.. I had one of the highest production scores in the company and therefore they would put me on stupid surveys that no one would want to do and therefore make my production score go down. In training they boast The higher your production score the higher you get paid! It's not always easy banking satisfaction surveys. Sometimes it's ten minute PLUS surveys about their electrical company asking the same question re-worded five different times. And people get really annoyed.

It was super strict. I went two minutes over on my break and got written up. I got another written warning because I took an 8 minute break when I wasn't supposed to (because I hadn't been there long enough for my shift). Stuff they don't tell you in training and just expect you to know.

It's alright if you don't mind annoying people. I got sick of it. But it was decent money... just not worth it to me.
Pros
Extra cash
Cons
Management, Boring
Good Job for people with open nights
Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 8, 2015
People don't like being called unsolicited, but if you don't take it personally then it's not a hard job. Good if you just need supplemental money for the budget, hours are evenings so you have days free.
Strenous and different job
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 22, 2014
The typical day at work would to run programs for employees to conduct surveys and to be a watchful eye for individuals that do not follow company policies. I learned how to supervise over employees and to run the programs that they use. Also to keep track of attendance for employees. I was part of the management for part-time but upper management seemed more into a circle to keep certain people around. My co-workers were interactive and made the day go by quick. The hardest part of the job was to keep track of 100+ employees on the phones conducting surveys. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking around and getting to know the different employees.
Pros
Hour lunch, meet people, different surveys
Cons
conducting surveys, reviewing phone calls, and management
unexceptional storytelling with morally dubious lessons
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  OmahaJune 21, 2014
This job isn't even worth having.

A typical day at work is like this: You can't live a positive life surrounded by negative minds.

What I learned: From experience working here, I always reminded myself that any sort of criticism in the office—from a boss or anyone else—should never be taken personally, if I could help it. Sure, sometimes criticism can be constructive—but other times it can be pretty destructive. And if you can learn to look at things objectively, rather than personally, it’s a lot easier to keep your emotions in tact—and hopefully, learn from the experience.

Management: Whatever the reason, a far better approach by management is to treat everyone with respect by engaging and empowering others through inspiration and example. This company does not do this whatsoever. The best leaders bring out the best in people by making them feel good about themselves and their capabilities. The management here at this company has no clue as to how to do that.

My Co-workers: My co-workers kept looking for a solution to keep their jobs from day to day. They couldn't find one. So, my co-workers kept changing every day, as this company has such a high rate of turnover,always.

The hardest part of the job: You're not allowed to work 40 hours in one week.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Haters gonna hate - but it makes them better at their job, right? Grumpy and negative people are more efficient than happy colleagues, right? Maybe this will give you a clue about how enjoyable this job possibly can be.
Pros
I don't know.
Cons
You may as well be looking for greener grass, because it's pretty dry here.
Fast cash, friendly people
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 6, 2014
Working at MSR Group was okay. Everybody is part time so it is really just a job to have when you already have a job and need fast cash.
Very repetitive
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2014
Made outbound calls to survey client customers and the general public
Tracked customer responses through data entr
Stay away!
Telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NeMarch 20, 2014
I worked at The MSR Group part-time for less than a year

Pros – I thought I had a good reason to work there in the beginning, with flex hours and expected pay raise for performance. If you don't mind losing your raise every 3 months, this is the place to work.

Cons – However, that is not the case. They will find a way to take that raise from you, as they are interested in keeping their money. I thought it was very unsanitary as we had to use/recycle the same pieces of paper everyday to inform us of our call project. There were countless people always coughing with the flu and cold and they could care less that germs were spread though the sheets. It was the worst call center I have seen in Omaha.

Advice to Senior Management – Be honest, put your employees first, value them, because THEY earn you the money!
Pros
They hire teens who have no experience.
Cons
Very unprofessional atmosphere!
Professional environment, developping people skills
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 6, 2013
Improved customer service skills by dealing with survey takers on a daily basis. Also improved transcription skills
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Short breaks, very repetitive
It was an alright place.
Call center interviewer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2012
This job was an okay place. Just wasn't the job for me. My co-workers are nice and friendly. Hardest part of the job was constantly being on the phones.
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks. always on a call
Interesting to hear peoples views on topics
Public Opinion Polling Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 29, 2012
Company was a great learning experience for dealing with publics opinions on top topics that were being presented.
Pros
flexable with time when dealing with your primary job
Cons
company has a very high turn over rate for interviewers.
Productive fun workplace.
Surveys (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 21, 2011
Calling customers on different surveys, and being able to talk to customers on a professional level.
Pros
just being able to work, and get paid.
Cons
customers yelling at you, or cussing you out for calling them.