The Nagler Group Employee Reviews

Fun work place where you can really grow and expand your knowledge.
Business Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 19, 2015
Fun work place where you can really grow and expand your knowledge. The atmosphere is great and the people are wonderful. Great computer equipment and an IT person on site. This company is very up to date on their technology.
Pros
Some Free lunches. Break times provided
Cons
Great Company to get help from!!!
ICC (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 30, 2013
I have heard of them but never really knew what they did. I tried for months to get into a company. A friend of mine got into the company I was trying to get into for 6 months through them, and he referred me to them. I got hired and started at the end on November. Well just a couple of weeks into my assignment I got offered a permanent postion with benefits and a big pay increase. I would have never been able to get this amazing job if wasn't for the Nagler Group and there relationships with these big corporations. I want to say thank you Nagler Group. You have made it possible to provide for my family.
Pros
quick assistance, great recruiters, helpful team work, good starting pay.
Cons
no paid holiday's right away.
A great agency
Contract Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston MANovember 8, 2013
I have been a contract recruiter for 2 decades so as you can imagine I have had varying experiences with agencies. The fact is The Nagler Group is one of the better ones. They are honest which is a rarity in an agency. They do what the say they are going to do. I have worked for them twice and would continue to work for them in the future.

If there is one negative its that, like every agency, they have some junior recruiters, who in an effort to do their job effectively feel the need to give "interview tips" to very senior candidates. Thanks guys but I know to wear a suit and not curse during the interview. But if that's the worst thing then I guess they are doing ok.

Good agency!!!!!
Pros
everything
negative
Reception (Former Employee) –  WilmingtonSeptember 14, 2013
I submitted my resume for a receptionist position, was told it was a very competitive market and my resume was never submitted. I feel tthat the nagler group posts high paying temp salaries but are not true to helping one find a job. I would not recommend them. I am now working temp to perm and found another agency who actually did submit my resume and called me frequently about positions that were available. My experience with the nagler group unfortunately was negative..
Hiring Agency with no straight answers
Mail Room Associate at PC Connection (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Hew HampshireJanuary 23, 2012
The Nagler Group touts themselves as the most respected hiring agency in New Hampshire. However, I went on 3 interviews that were not as the recruiter specified. When I DID land an assignment, I was led to believe it would eventually be permanent, so I stopped seeking employment. However after 90 days with no warning, I was termintated.
Pros
job kept me busy, worked with friendly people
Cons
never seemed to get a straight answer.
Honest, Straightforward, Professional Company to work for...
Trade Show Specialist (Current Employee) –  Throughout New HampshireNovember 7, 2012
I have been working with the Nagler Group for the past few months. During that time they have placed me in two temporary positions and both worked out very well. I have found them to be professional and honest. Also, my recruiter is seemingly always available. I dont know that she has a life. But thats besides the point. They are straightforward and honest and I would highly recommend this staffing company to anyone.
Pros
honest, professional, and available
Professional and dedicated company to work with
Career Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 3, 2013
I was contacted by a recruiter after applying for a position I found on another job site. She was very proactive and did a terrific job matching my skills and experience with a company I have now been working for for a year. She still keeps in touch with me and I would highly recommend The Nagler Group to anyone seeking employment that truly fits their needs.
Pros
professional, good pay rates, dedicated
Recruiters lack honesty
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHJune 30, 2012
Concerning website - it keeps posting positions that are non-existent. In addition, website no longer posts dates for job listings.
Concerning recruiters - simply put, they are not truthful.
They try con you with happy talk by not providing honest feedback on your resume, qualifications or job performance, when on assignment or after leaving an assignment.
They will steer you to jobs that are well-below your qualifications.
They refuse to work with other recruiters or other Nagler offices that might have jobs that are better suited for your qualifications.
Recruiters who have accounts on LinkedIn keep posting "updates" to the the same set of non-existent jobs and refuse to respond to requests for information about these jobs.
Pros
you can get an interview
Cons
a culture of dishonesty
A Great Company!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MADecember 13, 2012
As a recent college graduate, I worked with many agencies to kick off my job search. None were more personable and efficient than The Nagler Group. They really took the time to get to know what I was looking for and targeted their search to jobs that specifically fit my abilities. I am currently very happy in the job they placed me in and would use them again in a heartbeat.
Unprofessional Agency, only concerned with comissions
Customer Relations representative (Former Employee) –  Concor, NHMay 19, 2014
Once they place you in a job, or should I say IF they place you in a job, they are like any other large tmep agency. They simply don't care about you after that point. If you are unsatisifed with your job, they refuse to pull you from a temporary assignmnet because it is "against policy". What they really mean to say is the recruiter will lose credit on their "sales goal, because to them you are a sale if they get you a job. Therefore, they refuse to do it. I quit my job with the company I was assigned because the job I interviewed for was not the job I was expected to do. I then got an angry call from my recruiter trying to give me attitude because I quit my job. I told him I didn't need a life lesson and I didn't care about his comissions goals and he could go shove it. They are your typical car salesmen, they try to get you into something you don't really want, but it works out better for them if they sell you on it.
Unimpressed
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHOctober 11, 2012
Nagler Group is the administrative/clerical wing of a larger recruitment firm that serves New England (primarily MA/NH). It is one of the largest recruitment agencies in southern NH, much bigger in size than its competitors. That being said, it operates like a thoughtless factory, attempting to churn out shoddy placements that bring them the most cash, fast. Very little thought or care was put into my attempted placements and job listings on the website were irrelevant. They have staff meetings twice each day to review opportunities and candidates; my recruited had no sense of what was actually available. My recruiter was entirely focused on making cash for herself without putting in the work. I don't recommend this agency to anyone who doesn't want their time wasted. P.S. majority of jobs really only paid $10/hr (temp) and $30k/yr (perm).
Pros
relatively pleasing offices but who cares?
Cons
inexperienced, unintelligent recruiters lacking contacts & know-how.
Waste of my time
Job seeker (Former Employee) –  MADecember 30, 2012
I felt that the recruiter wasted my time with promises of the moon so early on and that is when I started getting skeptical. The next morning the job was suddenly "pulled" I never called back because I realized it was all bull***
nice group
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 27, 2013
Decent to work for. They seem to want to accomodate, there is just not much work to offer.
Pros
seem to want to help out.
Cons
not much work to offer.
Organized & proactive recruitment agency
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 7, 2012
I personally prefer not to work through temp agencies. I have years of experience, nearly finished my MBA and am looking for a very specific career path. Generally, that is tough to fit for any recruiter. The Nagler Group did see my concerns, strenghts and weaknesses. They offered me an instant work environment close by. I was floored with their organization, immediate placement while researching other fits for me. I could not fulfill the commitment because of daycare issues that were unexpected. They completely understood and are looking for a more compatible schedule to go with my kids school schedules.
I usually get a robotic and easy to rude annoyance with recruiters given my demands and work/life routine. This company was very approachable and easy to stay in touch with.
A recruitment office is trying to make both sides pleased and find what they both want. This isn't easy and I commend this company for doing their best every step of the way!
Though I am looking more for direct hire opportunities, I still answer my phone and emails from Nagler because I believe they have the know how in this ever changing job market.
Pros
organized, timely and pay fairly
Cons
when i say i want a commute 50 miles, take my word for it. all agencies seem to choose for "us" and i don't like that.