Graphic Designer – Full-Time Temporary (4 mo.) to Possibly Permanent Position
The National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) is an exclusive network for professional women to interact, exchange ideas, educate, and empower. NAPW members enjoy a wealth of resources, benefits, and services dedicated to enhancing their lives and promoting their businesses and careers.
Candidate will be expected to design compelling and distinctive creative for both print and web with the ability to code email marketing templates and landing pages. Environment is fast paced, forward thinking and entrepreneurial. Must have the ability to think beyond the given task and take initiative with projects.
- Perform website updates and maintenance
- Design and code eBlasts and landing pages in email provider software
- Create banners, ads, cover photos, profiles images for social media platforms
- Design graphics and style text for marketing email campaigns and general member communications delivered via email.
- Update monthly newsletter with approved content and updated images
- Design print materials: direct mail, brochures, programs, advertisements, corporate collateral
- Design special event signage
- Design large scale artwork: banners, signage
- A strong visual sense of good design
- Understanding of different printing processes
- Understanding of color and color formulas for different mediums
- Prepare all print work for prepress production.
- Strong sense of typography and how to layout text
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to colleagues and management
- Ability to grasp company needs and consider practical solutions
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to balance several projects at a time
- Ability to work as a team member as well as an individual
- A matter-of-fact approach when ideas or designs are given constructive criticism.
- Ability to think beyond the directions you are given.
- Must be able to work in open work space environment
- BA, BFA, or BS degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art or similar experience in print and digital graphics, advertising and/or marketing
- Marketo experience (a plus)
- Video editing (a plus)
If you’re an innovative Graphic Designer looking to take your career to the next level at a fast-growing, creative company, send your cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio link.
This job is located on Long Island - Jericho. Only those applicants that have the means to travel to this location should apply.