The National Society of Leadership and Success

The National Society of Leadership and Success Employee Reviews

I did not work here. I am a member.
Member (Current Employee) –  Chestertown, MDSeptember 14, 2017
I did not work here. I am a member. But my experience was not very positive. The organization has requirements that the board members did the absolute minimum to obtain.
Great Organization
Member (Former Employee) –  Ivy Tech Community College Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2017
I was nominated to be part of this organization and was truly honored to get to be part of it. I would highly recommend this organization to anyone!!
produtive
Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 13, 2017
it is a nice organization. I helped me focus on my long term goals through the team exercises. the management is friendly, and works hard to provide us a better environment.
Pros
t-shirts
Nice to help others
Success Team Networking Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2017
Get to help students achieve goals and guide them in proper direction. Need to have good customer service and people skills. Helps to have great motivator.
It is a nice platform to introduce yourself
Member (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 10, 2017
I am very please to join this group. I got opportunity to learn things like to focus, be positive and time management. I got to bring up my hidden talent and expose to people around me. The very important things is it introduced to the future leader and successful people around us.
Pros
This is wonderful platform
Cons
This should introduce to community, jobs, clubs not only school and colleges .
Chapter President/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2017
This is a competitive internship that can be both stressful, rewarding, and a lot for a college student. Also, compensation ends after your chapter is established, which is when the real work actually starts.
Pros
growth
Cons
no money
Great Work Environment
Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2017
Such a great place to be apart of. There is alot of diversity, and everyone is treated with respect . If I was offered the chance to work there again I would.
Nsls
Member (Former Employee) –  UMUCJune 8, 2017
The NSLS is a national honor society that I do not work for but instead gain experience in the workforce. This is not a company that I work for and have never worked for.
Enjoyable with networking possibilities
Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 5, 2017
Definitely received a sense of self improvement. The TED talks provided insight on work ethics and how you can succeed by having strong ethics. Determination is key in success.
Great club
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
One of the best clubs at San Antonio College. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. No one is left behind in this group, there is help for everyone no matter your major.
Pros
Study help
success networking teams and speaker broadcasts.
inducted member (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2017
this is a society that I was involved with on campus where I gained leadership skills watched videos on how other people become successful and did success networking teams to help each other to success.
Great Internship
Chapter President (Current Employee) –  AnywhereMay 16, 2017
This internship not only benefits you,but your entire university. The training was fun, but useful! Easy to balance your time weekly. The national office is a huge help every step of the way!
Great group to be apart of.
Member (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 11, 2017
Honors Group for GPA. I was invited to join this organization based on my grades during my undergraduate journey. After successfully holding a GPA above a 3.7, I was asked to join.
Very relaxed workplace but still got things done.
Social Chair (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 2, 2017
It was a very nice work setting. The culture was very friendly, anyone would help out. I did many things for the organization such as setting up things to do outside of the work place.
Work as member of the Executive Board
IT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2017
We are Learning management and leadership skills
We are Very friendly, Good communication, we treat everybody equally in spite of race, color or cultural background.
Student Chapter President
Chapter President (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 19, 2016
Your experience will different depending on the culture of the school you attend. It has been a challenge for me to give NSLS the time I believe it deserves and maintain the grades I want.
Great
Inducted Member (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2016
A truly remarkable experience for me. They have provided me many of the tools that I will need to accelerate into the next stages of my career.
Pros
Guest Speakers, Catered Events, Great Partner Deals, etc.
Cons
At rare times can feel disorganized, but that's digging a little. Generally very happy!
Nsls
Secretary (Former Employee) –  University of the Pacific (Stockton campus)May 28, 2015
Required weekly meeting to schedule monthly agenda to increase member participation.
Learned to work as a team with other members.
Responsible for updating team on weekly agenda as well as plan banquets and meetings.
Completely Student-run Chapter
Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
This is an unpaid honors society executive board position. The chapter at my university is completely student-run which is great experience and exposure to helping to run an organization, great for financial planning, fundraising, and IT support.

I've learned a lot about being responsible for running society events for the chapter members and being a leader of my peers, sometimes for people that are older than I am. It's very important to know how to manage and lead in any situation, even when you feel the people that look to you might be older or more experienced in other fields.

Management is unique to each university campus as the administration is run differently for each school. The UNC-Charlotte chapter works with the university administration for event locations, operational funding, event advertisement, and event funding.

The other executive board members are supportive and professional, it's a great work environment where everyone's opinions and ideas are heard and valued. Everyone on the board contributes to the overall feel of the chapter and how the semester is run.

The hardest part of the job is scheduling. Everyone who works on the executive board as well as all of the members are college students who might also work in addition to taking classes. The executive board often tries to accommodate the majority of the members to make sure they get as many opportunities possible to attend the events for the semester.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the chapter members achieve their goals and seeing the impact that the society has on their
  more... lives as well as my own. The executive board puts a lot of time, energy, and work into the chapter for the members and the most rewarding part is when it pays off for the members.  less
Easy to communicate with Intern coordinator
Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 9, 2013
Worked towards establishing a chapter on a college campus.
Recruitment
Public relations
Pros
All expenses paid training
Cons
Recruitment strategies VS privacy act

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The National Society of Leadership and Success. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3