The Nature’s Bounty Co Employee Reviews

Exciting, fast paced, energetic and rapidly changing environment
Work Comp Supervisor/Leave Administration Spvsr (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Great company to work for. Excellent products and management
truly cares about their associates. Family environment and it continues to grow all the time. I would recommend Nature's Bounty to anyone interested in health and wellness products, vitamins and nutritional supplements wanting a fast, innovative, ever growing exciting company to work for.
Pros
excellent benefits and some nice perks
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Very fast pace place to work and if you can't keep up with a fast pace this will not be a good job for you but other then that I like it very much great place
Great company to retire from
Porter (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Great working environment and they treat their employees like family. They give Christmas bonuses and turkeys as well thanksgiving. I recommend this company to any and everyone.
Good work place but horrible people
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYJanuary 9, 2017
managment engages and promotes inter company relationships and turn blind eye to infractions by speacial employees. some people are ok but very few. most of senior associates are wrapped up in there little world of courting other associates that work is pass around to the newest associates
Pros
pay
Cons
people
A typical day at work
Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 7, 2017
Each day, I would work 10-12 hours for five days and sometimes even came in on Saturdays. I was often overwhelmed with the amount of work that was put on my plate and the late of management support that was given to the inventory and quality department.
Pros
Several Paid Holidays
Cons
Poor Management and Lack of Support
Great place to work but be prepared to do overtime.
Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Great work culture, management gives the general feel that they care about your opinions and also your personal life. Demands for products are relatively high so often overtime is the only way to meet goals.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Last minute overtime announcements
There needs to be a better balance between shifts
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLDecember 31, 2016
The first shift employees barely do any work, the second shift employees have to do the majority of the work. Temporary workers have no benefits compared to permanent employess
Horrible management, Spanish favoritism from Director of Operations in Florida, VP of SEW region is a dishonest lying scam
Mgr (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 9, 2016
Horrible incompetent managment, Spanish favoritism from Director of Operations in Florida, VP of SEW region is a dishonest lying scam, rude nasty, using cussing while speaking. They bring their own friends to work there, don't even try. They manually massage fish oil vitamins with bare hands. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great company the employees are self absorbed though
Catcher (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYNovember 27, 2016
The employees didn't help as often. Some of the employers were self motivated in getting a group effort job done. But overall I enjoyed working for the company I'm a self starter so even though I didn't get as much help as I was suppose to there were other individuals on different lines that did come help out
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks, employees are sometimes not helpful in teaching new employers
Excellent company overall, Continuous Improvement needs budget and more thorough implementation
Senior Operational Excellence Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2016
Good hours, Effective day to day management is in place. Implementation of Continuous Improvement will require more direct involvement from Operations Associates.
Pros
Great hours, location, sales potential
Cons
Operational Excellence run by only CI leaders, more Line involvement needed.
Great place to work at
Catcher (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 18, 2016
Great place to work,learned very quick most of the jobs on the packaging floor.Only problem is the hiring process.I literally have 2 supervisors pushing to get me hired because i already know almost every position and am just a great worker overall but still nothing.Not to mention alot of perm employees limit themselves to one position.
Pros
Work with a lot of great people
Cons
No matter how good you are and no matter how much more you know than most employees, if you're a temp, you will most likely stay a temp.
Great industry, brands with a great past. Poor senior Mgt with lack of industry experience and lack of passion for the business.
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
This is a company with a lot of potential but due to unfit senior Mgt the company has gone downhill for some time. Unlikely that the brands will get back to their old glory anytime soon with current leadership team.
Pros
Great products and industry. Easy to improve things.
Cons
Senior leadership, CEO, HR, Manufacturing, company culture
We work hard but we also play hard
Customer Care/EDI Specialist (FT) (Current Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJNovember 2, 2016
NBTY has not only been a place of work it has been my second home. The experienced and knowledge acquired in in the years working for NBTY is incredible. Definitely a great place to work!
The associates were the best.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYOctober 18, 2016
Management plays a huge role in an associate not being able to balance work and home. Very stressful and demanding. Limited resources for the associates to do the task at hand. Outdated equipment with difficulty retaining parts.
Limited amount of staff to complete projects as scheduled.
I really never knew what I was going into on any day. I've learned various differences between pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals which were very interesting to me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the associates and getting to know them on a more personal level. I've always had a hands on in all that I do. I can personally relate to the typical associate because I started my career the same way.
Pros
Certain incentives, like 75% off at the Vitamin Outlet
Cons
Poor communication amongst management and associates
Lead Direct QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  815 grundy ave. Holbrook NYSeptember 27, 2016
Is a nice place to work, good enviroment and clean. People are friendly. The job is easy and the management care about associates. Its a safety place to work.
Was a great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYSeptember 22, 2016
NBTY was a great company to work for a few years ago. It was full of optimism, creativity and growth. Typical day was productive and efficient. It is best suited for recent graduates or entry level positions looking to get your feet wet. It now has become top heavy by made up CO positions and they keep trying to reinvent the wheel making all parts of the company work less efficiently and productively. I truly did love this company and was happy to go there. Now myself and coworkers dread each day that goes by and the company continues to drag us down. There is so much speculation that the company is going to be sold and slowly the brands are breaking down. Who knows what the future holds for this company but as of right now it is incredibly unstable. I wish there was better outlook but I have yet to see a positive change.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pays entry level, limited growth opportunity, lacks professionalism
Good Company
Manager - Digital Services / Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYSeptember 14, 2016
I have worked for this company for 8 years. I have done lots of things. It is a bit crazy at times where you do not know what is going ot hit you from one day to the next
use to be a nice place to work .management turn over is great
direct line lead runner (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 27, 2016
in my years at nbty I learned a lot I can run a line set up the line and also take lead of that line. my co workers respected me when I was lead.. shift change over was very hard had to get ready for my own shift
Pros
free coffe christmas party party in summer rafelled off money
Cons
can not advance to other jobs hit a certain pay can not advance just take a title
there to many changes
COATING OPERATOR/SETUP (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYAugust 22, 2016
very unhealthy working enviorment the job status is not very secure constantly switching departments not to many workers in each department
professional intact positive environment
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work consist of me going into a morning meeting, then going into the office and releasing products or evaluating products.
Pros
professional environment. lunch breaks
Cons
driving distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nature’s Bounty Co. Our community is ready to answer.

The Nature’s Bounty Co Reviews by Location