The Nebraska Medical Center Employee Reviews

Critical Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2015
Overall lack of knowledgeable and proactive management in this organization needs to be addressed. Verbalizing appreciation for employees in this organization is not present. The respiratory department is overflowing with hard working employees with remarkable amount of skills.
Great place to work.
Floor tech (Current Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at The Nebraska Medical Center is a great place to work. I have learned team workand time management. The people I work with are nice and hard working. The hardest part of the job is working over night. The best part of the job is seeing my co workers.
Manager, Women's Services (Current Employee), Omaha, nebraskaJuly 2, 2015
Serious medicine, extraordinary care.

I have worked here for 19 years and made many wonderful contacts! Patients are in very capable hands!
i transporated patients all over the hospital
Radiology Assistant Transporation Aide (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 19, 2015
I worked in radiology department transporting patients in wheel chairs, carts to medical units. great staff to work for
Don't work in EVS
Environmental Services (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 18, 2015
Pros: Meeting nice patients and their families
Cons: No advancement opportunities, unprofessional management, disorganized, overworked and underpaid, too much favortism and negatism. EVS managers are the worst managers ever!
No advancement opportunities, unprofessional management, disorganized, overworked and underpaid, too much favortism and negatism, and EVS managers are the worst ever!
Large organization with many challenges
Clinic Manager, Clarkson Family Medicine (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 16, 2015
Pros: Large variety of duties, ability to work closely with employees.
Cons: Too many politics.
The Nebraska Medical Center was a large organization trying to fight for market share in a very competitive medical industry. My role was to manage a family practice medicine program by over seeing the daily operations of the clinic. This meant I had to make sure everyone was abiding by JCAHO standards, OSHA standards, Medicare and Medicaid guidelines. It also required me to supervise a staff of 18 residents, 7 faculty and 25 employees.

I was responsible for writing and enforcing policies and procedures outside of the Nebraska Medical Center that applied to my specific office. I had to have monthly meetings with the staff to educate and train them on the new policies and procedures.

I implemented and designed two electronic medical records systems. As part of this process I had to set up a schedule to ensure all employees, physicians and residents were trained on how to use the system.
Nice small town hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 11, 2015
Pros: had good time off /vacation days
Cons: expensive insurance
This is a small town type hospital I worked in the float pool so was involved in all aspects of the nursing. The staff are very close and had worked together for years. I work days and enjoyed that. I did work 12-15 hour shifts and did not like that part of it.
Good co-workers.
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 10, 2015
I worked there with some wonderful nurses that used teamwork as a staple for the night shift. The hardest part of my job was caring for the high risk moms that were afraid to deliver.
Not room for advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), food serviceOctober 4, 2014
Pros: i work with many nice people
Cons: no room for advancement
Not room for advancement. Managers are not professional. I work full time with part time benefits.
Community of caregivers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches and dinners, a celebration is always taking place
Cons: no breaks
A typical work day was doing rounds getting to see old patients and meeting and greeting new ones.

I learned that we all vulnerable and that we all need someone in our corner one time in our lives.

Management include workers in decisions making concerning the care of patients.

Coworkers were extremely pleasant wot work with. they enjoyed giving care to their patients.

The hardest part of my job was loosing a patient.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the patients walk out well and whole.
see below
Customer Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 4, 2014
Pros: management worked with employees
Cons: general atmosphere.
Good management, training was intermittent but OK. I was laid off due to elimination of 38 positions. I enjoyed working with the customers resolving issues and helping them understand the information required for Financial assistance.
Productive and fun work environment
Staff Nurse Oncology/Hematology Special Care Unit (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: productive
Cons: shortbreaks
Great staff and company is good to work for,. Good company to work for
TNMC
Patient Care Technician Float (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2014
Pros: payroll deduct for meals, job clothing, gym, etc
Overall (TNMC) The Nebraska Medical Center is by far the best place i've worked. My manager is understanding and stern at the same time. If extra hours are avaliable we can without worrying about overtime.
Excellent career opportunities, benefits and job culture.
Resource Control Analyst (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2014
Pros: excellent career opportunities, benefits and job satisfaction.
Cons: department and job position was outsourced.
Processed purchase orders, monitored medical inventory (Inventory Control), resolved product backorders and recalls, assisted shipping and receiving, worked with The Nebraska Medical Center's Product Committee in evaluating new products, filled in as a supply technician when needed. Worked closely with vendor representatives and clinicians to resolve supply chain issues. Most difficult was trying to substitute backordered items for neonatal intensive care unit. Most enjoyable and most satisfiying part of job was knowing that patients where getting the best possible care.
Awesome learning opportunity in an academic setting.
Cardiology RN (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 17, 2014
Learning was occurring all around! Residents, fellows, visiting physicians, new equipment, trials/ protocols, collaborative procedures....the Nebraska Medical Center had it all!
Waiting till July
Nurse (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 12, 2014
Pros: good place to learn, see unique surgeries, department management
Cons: pay to park, upper management sucks, pay is horrible, food is expensive, parking is horrible, wishy washy ceo, doctors get away with anything, care more about $$$ than patients
Horrible upper management!!!! Great place to learn new things. We treat sickest of the sick but are the lowest paying hospital in omaha. Nurses that have been with company for years make as much as new hire grads. They don't appreciate hard work. They won't hire more staff because they think our overflow is "temporary". Our hospital has been full and no ICU beds daily since last year. So much so that we have had to start using PACU as rooms for patients because we have no room. We also have to recover our patient in the rooms sometimes because there's either no staff in PACU or no beds.
Department management is good but they can't get anything done because upper management is too concerned about money than patient safety and quality.
Hard to anticipate what tomorrow will bring
Non-Invasive Cardiology Tech (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 9, 2014
Day to day it is hard to know what changes will be coming making family and life planning difficult. Pay is competitive.
Productive new experiences all the time
PC Support Technician (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 3, 2014
Pros: exciting
Cons: easy to get lost
Great place to work, but it is a big place and easy to get lost.
dead end
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Omaha NeMay 14, 2014
Pros: decent lunchs, nice campus
Cons: no breaks, bad management
Here as a MA you will work your butt off and hardly ever be compensated for what you do. What we are trained todo in school and taught are hardly utlized within the company. Management seems to be cowardly and plays favorites. Patients here are amazing and trying at the same time but what really brings you down is the other staff.
I've been here for going on 3 years and there are only two coworkers who I know would truely have my best interest at heart, managers are wishy washy and cowards.
No typical day
Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 23, 2014
There is not a typical day in my present position, there are new issues that arrive every day when dealing with a facility as large at the The Nebraska Medical Center. I have grown so much in the past six year learning so much about what it takes to make a facility of this size run everyday and even the amount of work it would take even in a smaller amount. I have some of the best co-workers that I have ever had in my career so far, everyone really works as a team to get everything done. The one thing that I have really enjoyed is work on budgets, it amazes me every year how we are able to fine tune (reduce the budget) and still keep everything running.