The Nebraska Medical Center Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding
Nursing staff (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2017
Great opportunity, helped me grow as a provider. I learned the proper bedside manners, nursing cares, and how to communicate as a team. The management was always involved and appreciative.
Purposful place to work, great co-workers
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work, great place to learn and grow. Can always pick up extra shifts. Great co-workers, Doctors and great healthcare. Get to meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Great doctors, nurses
Cons
Not fun working 6 12 hour shifts in a row sometimes.
Easy Position
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 27, 2017
Good learning experience for entry level nutrition careers. Coworkers were always helpful with any questions. Only negative was being in a basement office with no windows :(
ED staff RN
Staff Nurse - ED/ Intermediate Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2017
Worked at the Med Center for 19 years. Enjoyed my job and co workers. Had to have back surgery and was restricted from patient care. "No lifting or transferring of patients." Was not able to find a non patient care position, ie pre surgical screening nurse, before I was "terminated in good standing"
Pros
Teaching hospital
Cons
no employee loyalty
Culture is changing
Record Review Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2017
I learned a lot during my years there. But the management is changing and the culture is changing and it remains to be seen if it will be a good thing.
Nebraska Medicine
Patient attendant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
Very good place to work at. Constant changes but is good. Hard to move up unless into nursing. The experience here has been excellent and I can't wait to move up and see where I end.
Pros
Flexible. Good CO workers. Good company.
Cons
Exhausting. Sick people. Emotionally unstable place at times.
Love my job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2017
I have worked there for two years now and everyday isn't the same. There are slow days and some busy. And my coworkers and I work hard together to get patients thier medications. There is always ways to move up and they help people that want to go back to school to become a pharmacist.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Overtime
Love this job
Nutritional care worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2017
This was the best place I have worked. they take their time to get to know you as a person for the most part and truly care about their patients well being
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2017
Offered good benefits at a reasonable premium.

Great co-works and teamwork within department and with other departments.

Happy to say that I worked for this great organization.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 5, 2017
I love my job, getting to know the patients are the best part about the job. I learn a lot here and im in nursing school and i learn more at my job then i do in school sometimes.
good team work and helpful co-workers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2017
12 hour shifts, night shift more patients per care tech, help nurse get vitals, do baths and any other needs the patient may need. Good working culture friendly, team work environment. Management makes sure things are fair and employees are happy with the environment.
Pros
good team
Cons
long shifts
Great experience and management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2017
Enjoy nearly every day there! Management cares about its employees and listens. Employees work together as part of a family. Never a dull moment. Love it
Nice facilities
NP (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2017
Work surroundings are clean. Parking is variable. People do not always get along or work well together. There is a division between management and medical team with a fair amount of "back biting".
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
People don't work well together
N/a
System Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2017
Good opportunities for advancement. Typical academic environment. Seem to be growing, always building. Overall good experience of over 20 years of employment.
Excellence driven, patient oriented health care facility
Employee Health/Occupational Health RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2017
Excellent learning opportunities for staff; Supportive peers; Serves a diverse patient population; No two work days are the same; Strives to improve patient outcomes through case reviews and research; Very well respected within the healthcare community
Pros
extensive learning opportunities
Cons
Limited opportunities for regular lunch breaks
Depends on the department
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2017
like any other place you have some nice people then you have some managers that think they can do anything they want. It use to be a fun place to work at But the new management made it more of a difficult place to want to work here.
Not the best
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2017
The coworkers were great to work with but management was unorganized and horrible.we never had the right supplies to do our job we would spend almost an hour looking for materials
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Have to pay for lunch management was horrible. Never had the supplies we needed to do our job
care of the labor patient in active labor
Registered Nurse/OB labor/delivery (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2017
triage and care of the labor patient. care of pre-term, active and immediate post-term patients. worked in collaboration with attending physicians and residents
Run don't walk
Intern (Former Employee) –  RadiologyJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day in the diagnostic X-ray/fluoroscopy department includes unprofessional employees (with 1-2 exceptions) battling ancient equipment. All the press about Nebraska Medicine leads people to think it is a world class facility, but the x-ray department is running on equipment that barely functions half the time. Techs consistently make mean, judgmental comments about patients. The hardest part of the role was staying positive about my profession in such a terrible environment. I don't care what their trauma center rating is...I would not go there for any reason based on my experience "on the inside".
A good place to work
Applications Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2017
Processes are well defined. Management is in the loop for the most part. The people in the IT departments are professional and very helpful. I enjoyed my 16+ years at Nebraska Medicine.