The Nebraska Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Patient Attendant Technician
Patient Attendant Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 16, 2016
Typical day consist of monitoring patients ensuring that they do not harm themselves or others. Monitor video feeds, alert staff of any adverse situations. Hardest part of the job is sitting with unruly patients. Best part of the job is that there is an opportunity to do homework (students) on shift.
Great Job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2016
this was a Great job with one sad down fall and that was that the most part of the patients died due to their illness. I love the patients and helping them. it was a great place to work
Pros
helping others
Cons
People dying
I was a very sttessful jobl
Medical Secretary and medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2015
Typed medical reports, learned medical terminology. Management not too fair, co-workers worked hard. Much overtime demanded. I liked the fact that I learned a lot.
Pros
Knowledge I learned.
Cons
Long hours and uncaring management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 30, 2015
They have pay and benefits, love the patients and other employees, management in the café are very unprofessional at times
I currently work at a level one trauma center. It is very fast paced and constant changes.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2015
While employed here at this establishment I have furthered my knowledge of Respiratory. I am grateful for the experience I have been given and the knowledge achieved here.
A well diverse company; great workplace.
Nutrition Care Worker, Patient II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to interact with so many people from all over the U.S. In just one hospital. I get the pleasure of comforting ill patients by delivering their food with high quality customer service.
Pros
Great group of co-workers; pot lucks
Cons
Do not work full 8 hour shifts, not fulltime
a
Critical Care Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2015
I received a large variety of experiences working here. This job is what taught me the most in my career. Great group of doctors, nurses and ancillary staff there.
Critical Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2015
Overall lack of knowledgeable and proactive management in this organization needs to be addressed. Verbalizing appreciation for employees in this organization is not present. The respiratory department is overflowing with hard working employees with remarkable amount of skills.
Great place to work.
Floor tech (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at The Nebraska Medical Center is a great place to work. I have learned team workand time management. The people I work with are nice and hard working. The hardest part of the job is working over night. The best part of the job is seeing my co workers.
Manager, Women's Services (Current Employee) –  Omaha, nebraskaJuly 2, 2015
Serious medicine, extraordinary care.

I have worked here for 19 years and made many wonderful contacts! Patients are in very capable hands!
i transporated patients all over the hospital
Radiology Assistant Transporation Aide (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 19, 2015
I worked in radiology department transporting patients in wheel chairs, carts to medical units. great staff to work for
Don't work in EVS
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2015
No advancement opportunities, unprofessional management, disorganized, overworked and underpaid, too much favortism and negatism, and EVS managers are the worst ever!
Pros
Meeting nice patients and their families
Cons
No advancement opportunities, unprofessional management, disorganized, overworked and underpaid, too much favortism and negatism. EVS managers are the worst managers ever!
Large organization with many challenges
Clinic Manager, Clarkson Family Medicine (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 16, 2015
The Nebraska Medical Center was a large organization trying to fight for market share in a very competitive medical industry. My role was to manage a family practice medicine program by over seeing the daily operations of the clinic. This meant I had to make sure everyone was abiding by JCAHO standards, OSHA standards, Medicare and Medicaid guidelines. It also required me to supervise a staff of 18 residents, 7 faculty and 25 employees.

I was responsible for writing and enforcing policies and procedures outside of the Nebraska Medical Center that applied to my specific office. I had to have monthly meetings with the staff to educate and train them on the new policies and procedures.

I implemented and designed two electronic medical records systems. As part of this process I had to set up a schedule to ensure all employees, physicians and residents were trained on how to use the system.
Pros
Large variety of duties, ability to work closely with employees.
Cons
Too many politics.
Nice small town hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2015
This is a small town type hospital I worked in the float pool so was involved in all aspects of the nursing. The staff are very close and had worked together for years. I work days and enjoyed that. I did work 12-15 hour shifts and did not like that part of it.
Pros
had good time off /vacation days
Cons
expensive insurance
Good co-workers.
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2015
I worked there with some wonderful nurses that used teamwork as a staple for the night shift. The hardest part of my job was caring for the high risk moms that were afraid to deliver.
Not room for advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  food serviceOctober 4, 2014
Not room for advancement. Managers are not professional. I work full time with part time benefits.
Pros
i work with many nice people
Cons
no room for advancement
Community of caregivers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2014
A typical work day was doing rounds getting to see old patients and meeting and greeting new ones.

I learned that we all vulnerable and that we all need someone in our corner one time in our lives.

Management include workers in decisions making concerning the care of patients.

Coworkers were extremely pleasant wot work with. they enjoyed giving care to their patients.

The hardest part of my job was loosing a patient.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the patients walk out well and whole.
Pros
free lunches and dinners, a celebration is always taking place
Cons
no breaks
see below
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 4, 2014
Good management, training was intermittent but OK. I was laid off due to elimination of 38 positions. I enjoyed working with the customers resolving issues and helping them understand the information required for Financial assistance.
Pros
management worked with employees
Cons
general atmosphere.
Productive and fun work environment
Staff Nurse Oncology/Hematology Special Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2014
Great staff and company is good to work for,. Good company to work for
Pros
productive
Cons
shortbreaks
Tnmc
Patient Care Technician Float (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2014
Overall (TNMC) The Nebraska Medical Center is by far the best place i've worked. My manager is understanding and stern at the same time. If extra hours are avaliable we can without worrying about overtime.
Pros
payroll deduct for meals, job clothing, gym, etc

The Nebraska Medical Center Reviews by Location