The NET-A-PORTER Group Employee Reviews

Great job, excellent benefits, ahead of the pack
Premier Driver's Mate (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJanuary 22, 2016
This job provides you with all of the benefits you will ever need. Vision, Health, Dental, 401K, PTO and beyond. You will also have a good work/life balance.
Pros
Good work/life balance, benefits
Cons
Rotating schedule may get draining
Temps treated poorly
ecommerce associate (packer) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 27, 2015
I was hired as a temporary ecommerce fulfillment associate (packer) in the Mahwah distribution center for the holiday sale period. We were trained for four days and then thrown out on the floor. The training was okay but wasn’t at all thorough, though we knew enough to do the basics of our job. The job itself is not hard, but it can be fast paced, as they want your completed orders to be high (productivity equals money for the company). Given the very tiny shared working space and the lack of supplies, it’s definitely difficult. Conveyor belts often jam up leaving totes and large boxes in your workspace. It’s a mess, but this is the life of a packer at Net-A-Porter.

A handful of people in the center are very nice and helpful and do care about their employees, temps or not. Most people (especially the managers) couldn’t care less about the temps. At a meeting in front of the entire distribution center the lead manager blatantly told the temps not to bother the managers as they have their own permanent people that they are responsible for. You’re told you’d be working 40 hours, but they do as they please. If it’s slow they send you home. They offer overtime to their permanent people, which displaces the temps from their working stations, leaving them to work even more undesirable tasks. They simply don’t care. It’s common to hear “you’re only a temp.” They use you, treat you poorly and then you’re gone. If you speak up for yourself you’re a goner. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
two breaks, 45 minute lunch, no customers
Cons
lack of morale, temps treated poorly
Not happy
E-Commerce Associate/Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 24, 2015
wasnt the best experience, bosses are rude, HR dept doesnt work in your best interest. A lot of micro managing. Management is not qualified to over see people.
fun times with good people
Fashion Closet Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
A wonderful experience with genuine people who really cared about the quality of the work we were doing and creating. Thankful for the opportunity to work the people at Net-A-Porter.
We have two 15 min breaks and half hour for lunch on the Express Team.
E-Commerce Associate (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 2, 2015
Pleasant working conditions with polite people. Cafeteria, modern interior design, large kitchen with microwaves and refrigerators and two coffee machines with utensils and paper goods provided for employees. Gym and locker areas provided. When it is busy, we pack items all day and lift totes off conveyer to complete orders. We have team work and if anyone needs help, we all pitch in and help when asked. The downside lately is parking issue in lot. Company provides shuttle service to and from various parking areas nearby. Car pools are utilized as well.
Pros
pay and benefits are good...medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan
Cons
Parking is an issue where we need shuttles to and from our cars, when slow we work upstairs which is 40 steps and no bathroom provided upstairs
A company ran by temporary employees.
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work is answering emails from customers. The hardest part of the job is that I had to work on Sundays. I worked long hours, and to top it off I had to park across the street which was a highway, was very dangerous.
would not work there
twmp (Former Employee) –  mahwahFebruary 19, 2015
Worked there for five weeks. Crazy hours. Horrible pay. Was in ER and very sick and missed days i could not control.it was a temp job. They told me not to come back because o my being sik. I had notes and documentationn.not even considered to come back and make another chance. Their loss.
Pros
read above
Cons
read above
Fashionable Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 19, 2015
Fashionable Workplace that focus on customers receiving the best customer service from the worlds most fashionable online retailer.
Amazing company and very loyal co-workers
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 4, 2014
My experience with Net-A-Porter was incredible, they are great people, a great company and really strive to make sure they take care of their employees. Training was done properly and exceeded expectations.
Pros
holiday/summer parties, company bbq's
Cons
n/a
Good company with potential
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 24, 2014
A day at work starts with the truck and ends with organizing the goods In.

I've learned a lot about receiving In a warehouse.

Management could be better.

I love my co-workers!

The hardest part was losing co-workers

The most enjoyable part was being with the guys I work with so much fun!
Transparent company built on entrepreneurial company vision.
Sales and Customer Care Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 23, 2014
People management and development was the key focus of the role. Co-workers are direct yet, friendly. The technology aspect of the company is still a work in progress regarding the structural side.
Pros
fashion forward, opportunity to interface with multiple departments, decent healthcare plan with vision coverage, fashion casual dress environment
Cons
lack of growth and career development, spur of the moment meetings, resouces that are available, but not used efficiently
I am a team player and open to training
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Isand City, NYFebruary 5, 2014
I work in a large warehouse in Long Island City, New York.
My day starts with unloading packages and loading packages from UPS and FedEx trucks. Inside the warehouse when necessary utilized the fork lift truck to move inventory various locations in the Warehouse. Input ISBN numbers for tracking into the data entry system. I am a easy going person, open to change.
Pros
loading packages and typing in isbn information into the system
Cons
i strive to achieve to meet dead lines and get the job done
Not for the long term
NY office (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2013
A good place to work as it looks good on your resume but few if any growth opportunities.
Pros
beautiful offices and product; decent discount
Cons
few advancement opportunities in ny office