The NET-A-PORTER Group Employee Reviews

Management is terrible and there's no mobility
Product Writer (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 16, 2017
Management is TERRIBLE. So much office politics, favoritism, passive aggressive emails, etc. And what's worse is that human resources does absolutely nothing to combat it. Management truly makes what should be fun and easy job completely miserable. They do nothing to facilitate workplace culture either.
There's also no mobility whatsoever. A promotion is rare and those who work hard are rarely promoted. Plus even if you do work your way up the ladder, you aren't learning any new skills.
The only pro's to this job are the stable hours and PTO. I've also met some really wonderful people who I plan on staying friends with once I leave... I've also met some people who I definitely will not be staying in touch with.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, stable hours
Cons
Terrible management, no mobility
Un-organized
Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJuly 19, 2017
Priorities are set by the number of orders and often 1 manager has no idea what the other manager did or did not complete. It lead to a lot of inexperienced people trying to lead.
if you love fashion, the good and bad, this i your place
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 17, 2017
very fast paced, ever changing environment. still working some things out i.e.--structure, roles etc. great to start your career, its a lot of work a lot of product and sales knowledge, some difficulties and stresses during sale periods but overall a great experiene.
STUDIO STYLING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 27, 2016
I worked as a stylist for 3 years and loved it. The styling manager was great and as long as you worked hard,she did his best to reward you for it. They also pay well for a studio job and everyone pretty much makes the same amount for the same positions which is good and fair. Everyone is pretty friendly and socializes so it's easy to problem solve and do well.
Annual salary raise is six hundred dollars
Creative (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 4, 2016
They pay $15 an hour for a creative job and then think $600 is a good annual raise. Also remember they are hourly and a person in Saudi Arabia just bought 40% of the company so most likely will out source all jobs in USA. Bad salary, and don't promote, just dangle it in front of you so you work hard. Only apply and accept a job here if you are desperate.
Pros
Cons
Bad salary, bad raises, won't promote, not a place to work long term
I love this job
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 1, 2016
Ilove working here. When i first got hired i didnt feel like the "new girl" i felt welcomed and loved. The people here is so welcoming and sweet . its a very production easy going workplace
same thing every day
creative (Current Employee) –  mahwahOctober 6, 2016
not much advancement, low salaries and the company doesn't give off a feeling of caring about their employees. For a company that makes millions in sales a day, the salaries are embarrassingly low. they don't show employee appreciation at all.

hire right out of college, so if you want a bad salary this is the place
Pros
i get a check
Cons
they don't care and low salaries
Fullfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  MahwahJune 14, 2016
This company is all about Management. All they are concerned about is themselves. The actual workers are petty pawns. The raises for maximum work is via cents. So this is not the place to retire at. This company allows for employees to express themselves in a racial format to each other. There is a lot of favoritism with the company. Basically the hire then fire so they don't have to give you a raise. Which is not much as I have mentioned. The training is way different once you start actually working. The pay schedule sucks. Every other month you only get paid for 30 hours but work 4 days.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Management, Racist, Pay, Unsophisticated
Poor communication, Unsophisticated Management
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 28, 2016
In the fulfillment Center there is a quite a colorful cultural mix, and if you are a native born American,... You are the Minority!

Lack of standard American dialect was missing, which made learning, and collaborating with managers more work. Trainers spoke Ghetto english, and lacked sophistication as teachers. Low level managers did as little work as they could get away with, however they expected Maximum HUSTLE from workers during every shift!
This attitude, or environment was like reporting to a job, from the dark ages, before labor laws were enacted! A tight security system was 99% of management's focus, rather than creating an environment for optimum productivity. Intimidation, and spying was used to manage people rather than communication.

Although some prejudices did exist on my co-workers behalf, when I first started. I was able to become friends with my co-workers, which made it a fun place to work.
Pros
Nice Cafeteria, Gym, Spacious Work Area
Cons
Poor communication, Unsophisticated Management
Picking orders in a warehouse for online merchandise.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 10, 2016
I learned a few things at this job. I learned how an internet based company functions in the purchase/packaging process. I learned how to operate a handheld picking computer/scanner.
Cons
It was a night shift
fun place to work
Dispatch/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 3, 2016
The four days on four days off 40 hour work week is great idea and provides plenty of time to have a life in this fast paced world.
Great job, excellent benefits, ahead of the pack
Premier Driver's Mate (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJanuary 22, 2016
This job provides you with all of the benefits you will ever need. Vision, Health, Dental, 401K, PTO and beyond. You will also have a good work/life balance.
Pros
Good work/life balance, benefits
Cons
Rotating schedule may get draining
Temps treated poorly
ecommerce associate (packer) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 27, 2015
I was hired as a temporary ecommerce fulfillment associate (packer) in the Mahwah distribution center for the holiday sale period. We were trained for four days and then thrown out on the floor. The training was okay but wasn’t at all thorough, though we knew enough to do the basics of our job. The job itself is not hard, but it can be fast paced, as they want your completed orders to be high (productivity equals money for the company). Given the very tiny shared working space and the lack of supplies, it’s definitely difficult. Conveyor belts often jam up leaving totes and large boxes in your workspace. It’s a mess, but this is the life of a packer at Net-A-Porter.

A handful of people in the center are very nice and helpful and do care about their employees, temps or not. Most people (especially the managers) couldn’t care less about the temps. At a meeting in front of the entire distribution center the lead manager blatantly told the temps not to bother the managers as they have their own permanent people that they are responsible for. You’re told you’d be working 40 hours, but they do as they please. If it’s slow they send you home. They offer overtime to their permanent people, which displaces the temps from their working stations, leaving them to work even more undesirable tasks. They simply don’t care. It’s common to hear “you’re only a temp.” They use you, treat you poorly and then you’re gone. If you speak up for yourself you’re a goner. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
two breaks, 45 minute lunch, no customers
Cons
lack of morale, temps treated poorly
Not happy
E-Commerce Associate/Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 24, 2015
wasnt the best experience, bosses are rude, HR dept doesnt work in your best interest. A lot of micro managing. Management is not qualified to over see people.
fun times with good people
Fashion Closet Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2015
A wonderful experience with genuine people who really cared about the quality of the work we were doing and creating. Thankful for the opportunity to work the people at Net-A-Porter.
We have two 15 min breaks and half hour for lunch on the Express Team.
E-Commerce Associate (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 2, 2015
Pleasant working conditions with polite people. Cafeteria, modern interior design, large kitchen with microwaves and refrigerators and two coffee machines with utensils and paper goods provided for employees. Gym and locker areas provided. When it is busy, we pack items all day and lift totes off conveyer to complete orders. We have team work and if anyone needs help, we all pitch in and help when asked. The downside lately is parking issue in lot. Company provides shuttle service to and from various parking areas nearby. Car pools are utilized as well.
Pros
pay and benefits are good...medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan
Cons
Parking is an issue where we need shuttles to and from our cars, when slow we work upstairs which is 40 steps and no bathroom provided upstairs
A company ran by temporary employees.
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work is answering emails from customers. The hardest part of the job is that I had to work on Sundays. I worked long hours, and to top it off I had to park across the street which was a highway, was very dangerous.
would not work there
twmp (Former Employee) –  mahwahFebruary 19, 2015
Worked there for five weeks. Crazy hours. Horrible pay. Was in ER and very sick and missed days i could not control.it was a temp job. They told me not to come back because o my being sik. I had notes and documentationn.not even considered to come back and make another chance. Their loss.
Pros
read above
Cons
read above
Fashionable Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 19, 2015
Fashionable Workplace that focus on customers receiving the best customer service from the worlds most fashionable online retailer.
Amazing company and very loyal co-workers
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 4, 2014
My experience with Net-A-Porter was incredible, they are great people, a great company and really strive to make sure they take care of their employees. Training was done properly and exceeded expectations.
Pros
Holiday/Summer parties, company bbq's
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The NET-A-PORTER Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8