Responsible for assisting the Principal with leadership, direction, supervision, operations and accountability at the high school. Specific duties include monitoring and resolving student discipline problems; planning and coordinating school functions and projects; school supervision; and attending various meetings and conferences with other district employees and parents. The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to academic excellence and personal growth of every student, successful experience with English language learners, staff development, curriculum development and implementation, and high school program design. The candidate must possess a strong background in serving at-risk students and understand the needs of second language learners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on other factors.
- Monitor and address student discipline, safety and welfare issues by holding meetings with parents, investigating incidents, documenting findings, contacting proper authorities and conforming to legal requirements and regulations. Work with appropriate staff on discipline issues.
- Supervise employees including assigning and directing work, interviewing, assist in evaluating performance, disciplining and resolving problems.
- Maintain a high level of visibility and devote considerable time to interact with students, staff, and community.
- Communicate in a positive tone to staff and community a clear vision of achieving excellence and pursue that excellence in a manner consistent with The New America School goals/objectives.
- Coordinate standardized assessments (WIDA ACCESS, TCAP, ACT, MAP)
- Gathers, analyzes, and synthesizes data and makes data related recommendations.
- Lead the Response to Intervention team
- Plan, schedule and coordinate school functions including conferences, in-service trainings and other events.
- School based technology coordination and training.
- Attend instructional development meetings, conferences and trainings.
- Attend, prepare for and lead parent meetings and conferences to address student related issues.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Principal.
- Attend, organize and direct various in building committee meetings including department chairs meetings, staff meetings, and various other committee meetings.
- Attend administrative team meetings.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate school projects including professional staff development, student activities, assemblies, and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Master’s Degree is preferred and knowledge of Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocols (SIOP).
At least 5 years teaching experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
Current Principals License required.
Directly supervises employees; positions supervised include Teacher, Paraprofessional, Secretaries, Custodians, Campus Monitors, Educational Assistants, Counselors, and Computer Systems Technician. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; recommending promotions and transfers of employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining and recommending termination of employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Assist with developing, administering, monitoring and coordinating assigned budgets and initiating requisitions.