The New Jewish Home Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work at.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Great experience, co workers were helpful, loved the residents that lived there, very organized facility, i really enjoyed the fact that i can work more hours and if i dirent know something they were so helpful to me
Management does not have work experience.
Patient Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
There is no Job Security/Advancement. No on going Job training for the changing Managed Care Industry. Upper Management continue to change many times over the past two years. I have been in the Home Health Care industry for over 20 years and I like a challenge in reducing the receivables. The hardest part of my job was learning to not stay extra works at work. Work culture was very relaxed. Upper Management did not have the experience in the managed cared setting for homecare.
Best company to work
Food Services/ Certified Nurses Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 23, 2017
So far, I love and appreciate my job, the only problem is the hours. If I could be getting more hours, it would have been better. But everything else is fine with me.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
Management sucks
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 25, 2017
Too many managers not enough actual workers. Always short staff. No encouragement for staff. They total have no regards for staff. Work here at your own risk.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Horrible bosses
Working at Jewish Home Lifecare
Therapeutic Reparation Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 30, 2017
Typical day at Jewish Home Lifecare I would greet the residents with breakfast, lunch, dinner, transport them around downstairs, talk to them, and also help them when it is needed. Managament was wonderful and it was also great to communicate with my manager. Hardest part of my job was pleasing all of the residents at once because they all wanted my attention at once. The most enjoyable moment was playing bingo, having a church ceremony, watching movies, celebrating the residents birthday, and also just bonding sharing stories such as "how was your day today."
Pros
long breaks and more hours
Tnjh
Performance Improvement Manager - QAPI Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
Company is great especially in the past, but in the future a lot of changes happening and a lot of new directors and don't see going well if we all work together as a whole unit.
Great work environment. The staff are wonderful to be around.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 29, 2017
The Jewish home was a wonderful experience for me. I learned how to pay attention to details. The hours were long, but well worth it because I've really learned a great deal working there.
Company needs to implement incentives for employees
Recruiting Coordinator / Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 24, 2017
Interview candidates to prepare for orientation, Make sure all forms of onboarding are completed

The most enjoyable part is interacting with different people on a daily basis.
Pros
Team work
Cons
better healthcare benefits
fun workplace with the elderly
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
it was great working in the nursing home and participating in the different activities with the elderly people . being able to get to know them on a personal level and learning about what they have been through in their lives .
professional and productive work place with many gardens
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 14, 2016
A Typical day at the new jewish home would be . Come in Clock in and be ready to work , I learned a lot about the elderly such as , how they feel about there new home , how they feel about the new generation today , I learned a lot about the LDBGT elderly people , my coworkers are awesome I give every single one 5 stars , the hardest part about my job is the biohazard and the smells , too be honest you get used to them , the part that most warmed my heart was speaking to the elderly and listing to there life journeys .
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
expoloring the building
Not Enough Hours
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2016
Very challenging to get hours with this company, CSMs are very unprofessional. There's many problems with the payroll and getting your proper pay for the hours worked.
Cons
Pay
good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 25, 2016
theres a lot to learn and staff is great, patients are well cared for, the place is clean. good turnover and every other weekend off, union is 1199 once you are vested.
Pros
flexibility, ability to go back and further education
Cons
short breaks, no free lunch
Fast Moving Environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2016
Great people to work with.
Good compensation but limited health benefits.
Responsibilities do not much authority. Too many people to answer to.
Pros
lots of vacation time
Cons
Long hours of work
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 24, 2016
Jewish home is a nice place to work most of the staff are friendly an kind. It is very rewarding to see patient who enter the door sick and unable to care for them self received great care and able to function independently with all the hard work from the nurses and staff.
Pros
the job is rewarding when you see sick patient get back full streenghth
Cons
not enough time for break
Worst at its best
Paid slave (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 5, 2016
Run and don't look back, worst working culture and no respect for employees. Severely understaffed. One star is too much!
Cons
Fast paced nursing and rehab facility
CNA/Rehab Aide- Post-Acute Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work is spent with patients needing high quality acute care. I learn something new everyday and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients content.
Good Place to Work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 16, 2016
Over the last year, I learned typical accounting procedures. Bank reconciliations, Journal Entry and Quarterly 941 reconciliations are example of what Jewish Home Lifecare taught me over the past year. The work environment is very welcoming. Everyone is helpful and very knowledgeable.
Keeps up with health care trends and technology
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great for per diem work not so much for permanent staffing. Great difficulty in getting time off regardless if you've work there 2 years or 20 years. Management does not always support staff.
senior living
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  bronx nyFebruary 22, 2016
I loved working with all of my patients while I was with Jewish home , but the CMS wasn't very friendly and many of the co-workers showed a lot of favoritism.

The communication between the staff and management was a nightmare , and the pay role was horrible , I'm still waiting for checks I was never paid for .
Pros
close to home
Cons
horriable staff/ work enviroment
Productive place to work
Educational Mentor/ Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 20, 2016
It is a great place for those that have never work before. They have a training program for HHA for free. After the training there is a job guarantee.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The New Jewish Home. Our community is ready to answer.

The New Jewish Home Reviews by Location