The New Jewish Home Employee Reviews

professional and productive work place with many gardens
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 14, 2016
A Typical day at the new jewish home would be . Come in Clock in and be ready to work , I learned a lot about the elderly such as , how they feel about there new home , how they feel about the new generation today , I learned a lot about the LDBGT elderly people , my coworkers are awesome I give every single one 5 stars , the hardest part about my job is the biohazard and the smells , too be honest you get used to them , the part that most warmed my heart was speaking to the elderly and listing to there life journeys .
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
expoloring the building
Not Enough Hours
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2016
Very challenging to get hours with this company, CSMs are very unprofessional. There's many problems with the payroll and getting your proper pay for the hours worked.
Cons
Pay
good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 25, 2016
theres a lot to learn and staff is great, patients are well cared for, the place is clean. good turnover and every other weekend off, union is 1199 once you are vested.
Pros
flexibility, ability to go back and further education
Cons
short breaks, no free lunch
Fast Moving Environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2016
Great people to work with.
Good compensation but limited health benefits.
Responsibilities do not much authority. Too many people to answer to.
Pros
lots of vacation time
Cons
Long hours of work
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 24, 2016
Jewish home is a nice place to work most of the staff are friendly an kind. It is very rewarding to see patient who enter the door sick and unable to care for them self received great care and able to function independently with all the hard work from the nurses and staff.
Pros
the job is rewarding when you see sick patient get back full streenghth
Cons
not enough time for break
Worst at its best
Paid slave (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 5, 2016
Run and don't look back, worst working culture and no respect for employees. Severely understaffed. One star is too much!
Cons
Fast paced nursing and rehab facility
CNA/Rehab Aide- Post-Acute Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work is spent with patients needing high quality acute care. I learn something new everyday and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my patients content.
Good Place to Work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 16, 2016
Over the last year, I learned typical accounting procedures. Bank reconciliations, Journal Entry and Quarterly 941 reconciliations are example of what Jewish Home Lifecare taught me over the past year. The work environment is very welcoming. Everyone is helpful and very knowledgeable.
Keeps up with health care trends and technology
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great for per diem work not so much for permanent staffing. Great difficulty in getting time off regardless if you've work there 2 years or 20 years. Management does not always support staff.
senior living
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  bronx nyFebruary 22, 2016
I loved working with all of my patients while I was with Jewish home , but the CMS wasn't very friendly and many of the co-workers showed a lot of favoritism.

The communication between the staff and management was a nightmare , and the pay role was horrible , I'm still waiting for checks I was never paid for .
Pros
close to home
Cons
horriable staff/ work enviroment
Productive place to work
Educational Mentor/ Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 20, 2016
It is a great place for those that have never work before. They have a training program for HHA for free. After the training there is a job guarantee.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Na
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
Work is good, would be better if co-workers will help each other out a bit more rather than worry about just their work. Team work is key to success.
what i've learned
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
to be patient and understanding, and to put yourself in your patients shoes, to understand all rules and regulations within this company
Pros
great patients
Cons
when jobs end
Nice Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at the Jewish home would be some what chaotic in the morning times being you have to give two or three showers before breakfast is over. I've learned how to have great time management skills. My coworkers were very friendly and down to earth. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the early morning work schedule. The most enjoyable part about the job was making a difference in the residents life.
Pros
Nice View Of Lake Michigan & Great Benefits
Cons
Short of workers on the Alzheimers & Dementia unit
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
This is great place to work and have advancement if possible. Great community of people working together. With budgets and board members thinking about the money, many people are often let go.
Pros
Good networking
Cons
Not secured
Fast paced work place
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 6, 2015
This facility is a fast paced rehab in a fairly large facilty of 700 beds. The hardest part of the job is budjeting your time with the pt's due to ones case load being spread across the building.
It was a comfortable workplace because everyone got along with everybody. Like a family.
Discharge Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2015
What I loved the most about Jewish Home was the work environment. My fellow co workers who respected each other and acknowledged each others work ethic. That's how the facility ran better because we all got along with each other.
Pros
Co workers, environment
Cons
N/A
good place to work
Billing Clerk/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  bronx, nyJuly 31, 2015
very busy work load. great enviorment good co-workers. unfortunate that the bronx location is being sold. would have really like to became permanet employee.
Nice work enviorment
Billing Clerk/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKJuly 24, 2015
Great co workers learn a lot enjoyed the time I was contracted there. Would have like to become a permanent employee. Had a good enviorment. Large workflow I like that because you stayed busy all day.
Pros
NONE
Cons
ADVANCMENT
A facility that provides both short-term and long-term care for older adults
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2015
Good management
Learned to work in an interdisciplinary team
Learned to do MDS assessments
Provided counseling for older adults and their families

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The New Jewish Home. Our community is ready to answer.

The New Jewish Home Reviews by Location