The New York Academy of Medicine

The New York Academy of Medicine Employer Reviews

Very well-respected research and public policy institution
Director of Communications (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great reputation
I greatly enjoyed working with the professional staff at NYAM and was proud to advance the communications and media efforts during my tenure.
Review
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short program
Transcriped data, data entry in excel and access. Performed neighborhood surveys
Great environment, great people
Interviewer Outreach Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2012
Pros: building relationships with different personalities
Cons: seeing child abuse and elderly neglect when we did door to door interviews
I enjoyed going door to door to speak to people about how important it is to get the Flu Vaccination and at the same time conducting a survey. I learned a lot about life through different individuals that I met. Management were great and very detailed. Co-workers were awesome and built a great professional relationship with them. The hardest part of the job, I believe was standing in the corner of high-risk neighborhoods (in East Harlem and the Bronx) to speak to random people and conduct a 2 minute surveys, mainly because I was unsure of what their reactions will be. The part I enjoyed the most was actually speaking to these different indiiduals with different personalities in the community and create great relationships with people from the neighborhood.