The Financial Group Assistant will provide administrative support to the Finance Department by conducting research, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings. In general, the Group Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
- Help maintain and manage Controller’s schedule.
- Prepare financial reports, memos, letters and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, reports and mail to determine their significance and plan distribution.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and mail.
- File and retrieve finance documents, records, reports and journal entries.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- General duties include photocopying, faxing and mailings.
- Maintain the department’s weekly time sheets and attendance records.
- Generate and distribute monthly financial detail reports from Great Plains to department heads.
- Order and maintain stock of office supplies for the department.
- Docstar (electronic archive) all paid vendor invoices.
- Must have basic computer skills and familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team oriented and a positive demeanor in supporting multiple internal customers.
Indeed - 16 months ago