The New York Times Employee Reviews

run workplce, teamworker
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  NyT Bureau of baghdadOctober 11, 2016
I learned how I should respect my co-workers & my team
much things about management, how I change for much better to be hard worker.
much more with computer skills, math and prepare my daily schedule.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJAugust 22, 2016
Days were very hectic but fun, always a positive atmosphere. Management was really good, co-workers all worked has a team. the most I enjoyed was seeing the patients everyday and building strong relationships.
Very nice company
SAP BI BW Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
New York Times is very nice company. It is very nice work culture and coworkers. When I work with my coworkers, I always happy.
Best Job in the World!!!
Training Assistant and Projects Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2016
I was an administrative coordinator at The Times for nearly ten years. There's too much to say about what a lovely place it was. I made friendships and worked for some of the best journalists in the world.
Productive, yet fun
Inbound Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2016
The supervisors are very eager to help and willing to reach out if I need any assistance. It is a nice place to be employed because it is a challenge.
Productive and friendly work place
Sr Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
I loved working there and I learn a lot of incredibly important and useful skills, but there was no room for advancement and management is cutting down department sizes left and right. Out of the other 30 desks around me, only 6 had people at them.
Very exciting job and experience
Truck Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  ManJuly 13, 2016
Very lovely job my co workers was the so important to getting the jod done very exciting company . That newspaper was on time every day and time people love the newspaper so we deliver it on time each time
Amazing company to work for
Senior Manager, B2B Operations (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 8, 2016
The New York Times affords you the opportunity to really showcase your skills and allows you to think outside of the box to really drive an impact on the overall business. Customer experience is key in our business, and ensuring each client receives that ‘white glove’ service they deserve is something we strive for each and every day. B2B is a relatively new business for us, and it has been phenomenal to be there from the beginning and watch it grow into the business it is today.
Pros
Excellent co-workers, management, benefits and much more
No Job Security
E-Support (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2016
unprofessional place to work. no raises at all. the only thing that i enjoyed was the people that i worked with. spoke to customer via email
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no help from supervisors and constant call ctr complaints
Customer Service, with a real good on site cafe
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2016
*Exciting work experience
*Fast paced culture
*Great Co-workers
*Call Center
*Fun Customer interactions
*On-site Cafe
*Recognition for performance
Pros
Call center experience
Cons
Job task compared to pay, Favoritism
Team player environment
Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2016
Some of the best people to work with. Creative experts, design on a dime pace daily sections. Designed visual solutions for newspaper section covers. Reduced production cost 50% by negotiating contracts yearly to stay within budget expenses. Provided design direction to editors, journalists, photo editors, columnists and section heads for lead stories and breaking news events. Maintained time sensitive daily deadlines with section leads to close on time.
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Management Failures
A building full of smart and passionate individuals
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2016
A building full of smart and passionate individuals whose core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
Dream of my typical job day
Scholar and intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
I would want to work for a non-profit computer engineering firm that has interdisciplinary projects. The common theme for this organization would be the development and integration of computer technology into different facets of everyday life. There would be an architecture division that would oversee the creation and implementation of building designs for low income residents so they will have adequate housing. There would also be an educational component where we would partner with local schools to provide tutoring services in math, computer science, and other related fields for students who would not have access otherwise. In addition, we would fund internship initiatives, so that high school juniors and seniors would have field experience in their chosen majors.

A typical day at my job would consist of arriving at my office to meet staff and develop a weekly agenda to review project progress. Members from each division would report on their timeline for completion. Community residents that need assistance, would have a case manager who would present their issues, and then the team would brainstorm ideas on how to best help the residents. During lunch, our organization’s culture would be to share lunch time so that everyone can feel comfortable with each other and work in a spirit of cooperation. Later in the day, interns will arrive and all staff members would have at least one high school student to teach technology materials so that young students can fully understand about the technological world.
Pros
Available of changing shifts
Cons
less holiday
The premier news organization in America, with the best overall staff.
Staff editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
The New York Times was a challenging and fulfilling place to work. I appreciated working with the best journalists in the world, striving to reach and protect the highest standards in the industry.
Good structure and good benefits
Production Manager, The TimesCenter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
Good work-life balance and well staffed. Seems to have been a lot of overturn lately with the market going more digital, but aside from that, its steady. Good leadership.
Company with great mission, passion and pride. Leadership in transition and focused more on bottom line than its employees
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Great teams, good colleagues all working towards the same mission. However, the leadership team is new and very focused on the bottom line, sometimes at the expense of its employees. The culture is transitioning - becoming less focused on people and the mission .
Pros
Great mission, good flexibility
Cons
Lack of career development, poor internal communications
no comment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 30, 2016
horrible employer,rotten place to work for a t a call center, i hated it. poor working conditons and supervisors recommend nobody work there
Pros
Cons
plenty
Productive work experience
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Enjoyable place to work with a very positive and upbeat work place. Team members were positive and fun to work with.Daily tasks usually kept us busy over the course of a shift.
Global multimedia Giant
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2015
During the 23 years at the New York Times, I have witness the rapid reorganization of the management team and the technologies tools to presently identify the New York Times as a Global multimedia giant and with an excellent product reputation.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
sales and marketing
Marketing, Turn Key Solution (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2015
Sales and marketing selling the new York times paper and getting customers their sunday paper to them. great workers hardest part was getting customers to get the paper with the technology out but overall the commission was geat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The New York Times. Our community is ready to answer.