The Nielsen Company

The Nielsen Company Employer Reviews

Fast paced outbound calling.
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch when placing tv diaries.
Cons: getting 15 minute lunch break in 5 hour shift..
Over 900 employees in Research Interviewer department.
Fast paced environment on placing TV Research Diaries.
Remainig neutral when coversing with respondent.
Enjoyable part of the job was getting to know co-workers of
differnt cultures.
Great work environment
Project Analyst (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2014
Flexible work schedule with ability to be mobile

High level of client interaction with high level of exposure into one of the largest consumer packaged good companies in the world

Very competent and intelligent co-workers

Intense project delivery timeline
Great Place To Work
Sr. Account Executive/Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun work atmosphere
Cons: heavy phone hours
Great place for media related sales opportunities in the los angeles area
Very fun enviroment to work in
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYNovember 7, 2014
Sad my branch closed down, from the supervisors to fellow employees I loved it
Productive and fun workplace
Bilingual Part time Team Leader (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea
Great place to work.
Wonderful management team.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and developing the new hires to meet company targets.
Excellent enviroment
Global RAP Leader (Former Employee), Cyprus Heights, UTOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: job security
Overall, It's a great Company with a lot opportunities. What I know today, I learn it form Nielsen. Nice co-workers
Big Pluses, Big Failures
Senior Manager, Custom Analytics (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: autonomuous working
Cons: no training, getting through bureaucracy impossible.
The company is huge and people routinely get lost in the shuffle. The exposure to high level work, especially CPG big data is incomparable. Training is virtually non-existent and staff are really treated like numbers.
Cool and Fun
National Host and Ambassador (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good people, good times
Cons: sometimes can be a little "tight"
Nielsen was/is one of my favorite experiences. The staff and VPs were very engaging and cared about the results they sought. Never did I feel like another wheel on the train.
Enjoyable job
Manual Identification Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2014
I loved working at this company during my time with them. I enjoyed my job, my co-workers were pleasant to work with, and I am still friends with them.

While there, I worked from home via Virtual Private Network, and communicated via email and instant message with my supervisor, manager and co-workers. Because of this, I learned how to manage my time – more... more efficiently and organize my work hours in order to create an acceptable work/life balance.

What I liked most about the job was keeping up with current entertainment trends and keeping track of various entertainment events that affected a broadcast day (e.g., nationally televised fundraisers/telethons for weather disaster relief, awards shows, etc.). I love music and entertainment media and I loved that my job was directly in that industry. – less
Flexible but unconventional work hours
Field Representative (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 6, 2014
Pros: set your own schedule, company vehicle, bonus for high performance
Cons: unconventional work schedule, unpredictable level of work day to day
The hardest part about this job is not having a conventional work schedule, it is not a 9-5 job. Not knowing when on a daily basis the work day will end depending on a variety of factors, equipment break downs, persons availability. I don't think you can maintain a level balance between work/life and also have a high level of performance. There is a – more... lot of work that needs to be attended to at home and thus it feels like the job never ends. It also offers a flexibility at the same time, with certain exceptions you are able to set your own schedule. There is a lot of the time you will be working alone in the field travelling and maintaining homes and on a limited basis you will meet up with coworkers. It is also a close group of teammates because we all will help each other out knowing that if we need help it will be there. There is no typical day of work, it is about equal parts paperwork, phone calls, drive time and in field maintenance work. Requires strong customer service skills, need to be self motivated to maintain a high level of performance. – less
Lacks Leadership & Organization
HR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2014
Cons: horrible company
This is not a good company to work for. Its extremely unorganized and lacks the required leadership. It seems management is only out to save their own tails. They do not work as team and 500 people have quit within the past 10 months. 20 wildfires are burning at one time and it seems like no one knows how to put them out. It's a stressful environment, – more... and again management has very little knowledge of how to run things. I believe their practices are unethical and am very surprised no one has went to the labor board being that over 100 employees went a whole month without receiving a paycheck. My opinion, don't work here unless you're really desperate for a job, other than that I highly recommend that your stay far away, – less
Very Fun Workplace
Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2014
Deliver great customer service and abide by strict guidelines to attend to every customers. Very Easy,Fun, and Enjoyable job if you make it.
Agile Environment, allows telecommuting, nice place to work
Senior Software Developer / Sencha Architect (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLOctober 1, 2014
Encourages self-improvement by offering a large assortment of technology classes onsite and/or web based. Currently moving most apps to mobile platforms. Onsite cafe and snack machines. Managers have an open door policy.
Great environment with friendly, focused people that are highly analytical.
Support EVP of Data Fusion & Social TV Analytics (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time working here and people are very open to networking and being as helpful as they can despite their very busy schedules.
Fine place to work
Client Solutions Executive, Business Development (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: brand name, opportunity to move around
Cons: management, mundane work
Nielsen has strong brand recognition and dependable client base. Culture is fine but I don't believe it's really become a merit based work environment.
Nielsen is a good place to work/I am now a temporary employee
verifier (Current Employee), Nokomis, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: employee friendly
I work 7.45 hours a day and usually 6 days a week.
We learn new guidelines several times a week .
there are 350 employees and 12 are management and work full time. the 350 are temps, but get called back after 6 weeks off. we work in cycles of 6 weeks working and 6 weeks off.
my co-workers are generally very pleasant.
Nielsen Raatings
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2014
• Updated various reports for the Vice President
• Gathered competitor’s product and pricing information
• Gathered information on TV Ratings to send out for Marketing Surveys
• Researched competitors by phone and Internet on equipment used to monitor TV Ratings
• Created spreadsheets with findings and information from the Marketing Survey for Management – more... review
• Assisted Sales Representatives with follow-up calls to ensure a satisfied customer after installation of TV equipment
• Coordinated forms for Promotions
• Processed information into SAP for new hire and terminated employees
• Assisted with payroll processing weekly for non-exempt employees
• Coordinated salary distribution report and separations reports
• Updated and approved Regional Manager’s expense books
• Ordered, managed and maintained inventory of office supplies
• Coordinated hotel and travel arrangements
• Maintained and coordinated the VP’s calendar
• Scheduled and set-up conferences
• Coordinated awards for Managers and update them on the website
• Coordinated the quarterly reviews for the field representatives
• Tracked and maintained records of transfers and relocations of the management team and field representatives
• Updated the website with announcements, awards and performances
• Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable – less
Fantastic
Panel Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good coworkers, innovative company, friendly environment, beautiful location, great benefits
Cons: too much sitting down
Nielsen is a wonderful company to work for. They have great benefits. I call Nielsen homes and get them to comply to our data standards. My coworkers are wonderful people who love their jobs and enjoy working for Nielsen for 3+ years.
The hardest part of the job is convincing homes to comply with our data standards. It becomes a tedious task and somewhat – more... difficult when the households become irate.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with every one of the Nielsen homes, or the Nielsen employees who embrace the Nielsen ideals of Open, Simple, and Integrated. – less
Spear heading marketing efforts
Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Good company; good benefits...Great staff and creativity...
Messy work place ,people are always discussing other employees business with other even the floor leads Horrible place to work
research interviewer (Former Employee), Dallas TxAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good pay for cold calling
Cons: no benefits, short 25min break disrespectful leads
Favortism , illegal activities such as shift leads allowing their friends to steal time/hrs. If you report this to a supervisor your more than likely to be fired. They lie to you about bonuses but let people lie about agrees and win bonuses while others work hard to get them truthfully.If you get survey diaries back in but your rate isn't over 32.8 – more... percent you won't be paid. You get hung up on cursed out talked about and go through the most for the agree you won't be paid for unless your rating is high.....a bunch of cold calling mess while offering ppl a dollar and some five anddl very few ten dollars to receive up to 25 calls with in the month maybe more almost like bullying ppl to participate for them to stop calling. I'm surprised ppl haven't voted to shut this company down in all states cities worldwide. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Nielsen Company

Do you know what consumers buy? What consumers watch? Nielsen Knows! Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media – Read more

The Nielsen Company Photos