The Nielsen Company Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 10, 2016
The office environment is a very positive one with good pay and great benefits. Supportive staff and Nielsen is a large multi-national company so advancement is plenty possible all over the world.
Pros
great work/life balance, good pay, great benefits, supportive team
best place to work in this oraganisation
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
From this organisation ,I learnt a lot in difficult situations while handling the project with co-workers.

I had good support with managemet they supportd a lot while deliverying the project .

I like the environment to work in this company. there are so many opportunities for our career growth .
Neilsen is a great company.
Senior Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 1, 2016
There are lots of opportunities, domestic and international. They offer great training and lots of perks. They are also fair when requesting time off.
Great company to work for until you want a promotion
Professional Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 29, 2016
Great work-life balance, fun environment, enjoyable work and big clients. They just don't seem to be willing to pay to keep internal talent.
Regret leaving it..
Sr. Field Representative Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2016
I had such a great time working for Nielsen.. get to see more people, all types of people, learning new skills especially in the customer service and coaching fields. if you are a people person and technically motivated. coworkers and such a pleaser to work with, Managers (Especially my NY market manager, was such an honor to work with) I wish to go back one day.
Dirty and stressful job
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  USJanuary 22, 2016
Typical duties includes visiting homes, connecting televisions to data collection devices. There are no set hours. The time you spend depends on when the client is home which includes some late evening and weekends are mandatory. Some homes are not clean and tidy; many unsanitary and cluttered. In any given day, you will be faced with dog and cat hair (not good for allergies) and smells in dirty work area. Nielsen is not concerned with how homes are kept for their Field Reps. The Membership Reps are directed to sign virtually anyone with a pulse.

Field managers have usually served as reps but do not comprehend that clients have personal lives and often overlook real world scenarios (you don't have the keys to a participants home to walk in and fix problems). Participants aren't always aware how much time is demanded of them due to frequent visits and phone calls. Many get irate, hostile, and frustrated and it is directed toward you.

If you do not enjoy tons of email slamming you on the company computer and phone, do not take this position. On vacation and holidays, I am usually doing work when I should be enjoying my earned time off. Clients will call you day or night, sober or intoxicated.

The most enjoyable part job is not having to sit behind a desk all day. At the same time, a Field Rep can easily spend a great deal of time traveling to appointments and service calls. I personally have traveled 40,000 plus miles in a year.

This may be ideal for a single person who is looking to build their resume with technical experience. But if you have talent in specific
  more... areas, concentrate on a company that you can grow with. There really isn't much room to spread your wings as a Field Representative with Nielsen unless you're willing to commit for a number of years, and even then no guarantees.

I have learned a lot about the process of Nielsen, and will use the experience to build in future endeavors.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Bonuses are tough to make with the criteria and obstacles given
Overall OK
Diary Editor (Current Employee) –  North Venice, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Generally a nice to place to work but extremely stressful. Cycles are 6 weeks off, 6 on....not always guaranteed a full 6 works of work.
Cons
Pay scale too low for stress level
good place to work for a starter
SAP HR/ system analyst (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJanuary 7, 2016
i learned lot of things form seniors and good place to work there and good place to work and flexible timings towork. overall good place to work
Tough environment to succeed in
Nielsen TV Ratings Membership Rep. (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 4, 2016
As a Membership Representative for the Nielsen TV Ratings over 1.5 years, I performed to the best of my ability in a tough environment and found myself discouraged regularly. Management is numbers oriented in a people-centric operation. Job consisted of constantly knocking on doors of randomly selected, statistically assigned residential addresses in every part of the metro area and rural state. Lots of drive time and overnight required but you do have a nice company car and paid expenses. Assignments were about 10% new and 90% revisits. The formers could only be signed about half the time in spite of significant monetary incentives for signees but company minimum was 65%. When you don't sign the minimum number per week and month, bonuses and incentives are withheld.

The revisits were HORRIBLE! You are trying to convince someone who had already turned Nielsen down and people often became hostile. In any case, when the primary address refused, you have to walk the neighborhood seeking an alternative signee with very little in compensation to offer them. I knocked on more than 50 doors on numerous individual assignments in all seasons and weather conditions. And some of these neighborhoods are not ones you want to be in after dark or, for that matter, anytime given that you are driving a nice car and dressed business casual per company protocols ie: target on your back. Your typical work hours are from 3pm to 10pm and weekend work is expected. Base salary is barely adequate but the company car perk is great (I was issued a brand new Ford Fusion putting nearly 40K miles on
  more... it in 14 months). The incentives could push your compensation to around 100K IF the management expectations and promises were realistic; they aren't.

The company doesn't realize that the people they seek to sign up are more and more guarded about letting their personal information out of their control. Though the company gargon is that all information is highly guarded and secure, even I didn't fully believe that. When one signed a new panel participant, an elaborate, complicated electronic close-out process was required that ran successfully perhaps 60% of the time. When it didn't, IT was contacted for help and as many as 10 hours in a given week went to solving those, reducing field time and the chance to make your required Sign numbers. Management at every level doesn't care about anything but the signup rate. If you have a 'used car salesman' attitude, don't truly care about or respect the individuals you are trying to sign up and are good at coercing people into doing something they really don't want to do, you'll excel at this position. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. It's not worth it.
Pros
Nice company car
Cons
Unrealistic, corporate-set minimums; management hostility; junk assignments
I love it
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I love it. Its fun and interesting! The hours are great and I enjoy talking to people across the globe! Great Company to work for!
Fun place to work at.
Trainer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLDecember 26, 2015
Great place to work for. Basic duties include data entry, place calls to households in order to acquire demographic information for television ratings. Must have excellent communication skills.
Cutting edge market research firm
External Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 20, 2015
On any typical day, I am digitally sending out surveys, updating vendors and collaborating with other teams.

I have learned so much about market research in my three years at Nielsen. I have specifically been exposed to ho incidents rates are determined, or what percent of the populations....

The toughest part of the job was the work life balance. Market research is a 24 hours business and clients expect answers asap.

The most enjoyably part of my job would be working with other teams to help facilitate collaboration. Specifically I have worked on a mobile survey initiative, an incident rate process as well as a cross team integration program.
Fun workplace with great people.
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 18, 2015
First experience in a call center and Nielsen really knows how to take care of its employees. Making about 500 calls a day may sound intimidating. But Nielsen is able to provide the training you need to get the job done. Great people, a lot of clubs to join, and great money. Keeping yourself motivated to talk to people on the phone gets pretty hard, but once you see the pay, its so worth it.
nielsen
Outbound Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2015
I like it here. Job is fairly easy and great company. There very hands on as a company with there employees which I like a lot. Your not just a employee there. Your a family.
Productive and fun
Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLDecember 1, 2015
Nielsen is a great place to work. With hard work and a good personality you can go far with the company. It has taught me plenty of things about work and life itself. I would suggest this job to everyone.
Pros
Events
Cons
Attendance Policy
Gets very boring
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 21, 2015
At first it is a great place to work at but then it gets very tidious and the cycle system is dumb it barely gives workers work
Pros
Free food, coworkers, certain team leaders
Cons
Boring, restricting
productive and fun workplace
Call Center & customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2015
Collect and deliver superior research data to provide clients with a better understanding of their consumers and markets. Work with knowledgeable and conscientious employees to collectively gain respondent participation in an inclusive working environment.
Average
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2015
Lots of growth potential for younger employees. Company is really changing to attract new younger employees. More could be done to appreciate loyal employees.
Pros
work life
too many young undisciplined kids
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 6, 2015
poor management, uneducated supervisors, horrible organization. no room for advancement, policies that contradict each other, management does not know all the rules and policies, very poorly trained staff, disrespectful workers that do not follow rules and policies.
Innovative work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2015
Productive workplace with good people to work with. There is some opportunity but depends on the department you're in if you will move forward. Too many re-orgs tend to create an unstable and inconsistent work environment. Would like to see more LEADERSHIP.
Pros
Events, lunches. opportunities to learn, people
Cons
promotions, salaries, bosses, morale, layoffs