The Night Ministry Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
One of the best places to work, a god place to learn
Outreach Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2015
start work at 3pm, start with checking on supplies, preparing materials for the night drive on the 38 ft. bus. load the bus up for the evening drive to the first of 3 Chicago locations for the night, meet up with scheduled food groups. make sure the volunteer groups have any additional items needed. document clients to visit the bus at each stop. after completing the visit to the last stop drive back to start point or office , unload, bus, clean all equipment used, stow away perishable goods and equipment until next day.
My co workers are accustom to getting the job done and team work. the hardest part of the job is driving the long distance... however it is sometimes a plus working late at night because we miss the rush hour traffic.
The most enjoyable part of the job happens when some one is able to get housing, or is able to get a job long awaited for. Also its a good feeling knowing that someone else has been helped or fed.
Pros
the president of the company loves to cook so monday treats come often!
Communication is key at this organization
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2012
A typical day at work for me is to be informed on the events that occurred during the previous shift. After that I interact with the youth throughout my shift. By this I monitor their conversations with each other and monitor their progress with abiding by the rules and progressing toward goals. At the end of the shift I call on-call staff to report any incidents that happened during my shift. I work with two other team members. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents make progress towards their goals. The hardest part is when the residents get distracted and become discharged from our program.
Learning environment
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2012
A typical day at work is learning something new. Interacting with people such as co-worker, managers, and clients. Providing services to help all people no what their background is.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that i am a team for that player, and knowing my task was completed for that day.
Pros
working in a positive and learning work environment
Cons
no enjoyment
Supportive environment and great organization
Assistant to Youth Program Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2013
The Night Ministry is a supportive environment to work and the organization is doing important work in Chicago.
Great Job, helping to teach life skills
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping young men and women to become better and more productive members in society.
Very low key
ODS Independent Living Coach -Part-time (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlSeptember 21, 2012
I like working with the youth at the NIght Ministry but often days are very slow.
Hard work with great rewards
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
If you enjoy working with young adults, definitely the place to be

4.4