The Nord Center Employee Reviews in United States

To much focus on productivity and not the toll it took on staff.
Cpst (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 5, 2016
I enjoyed very much working with the clients. I knew we made a difference in their life's. but when productivity became the main focus and not the quality of care I didn't agree. Productivity was the only focus of upper management never taking into consideration how it affected the staff and work environment.
Pros
Very understanding coordinators willing to help staff at any point.
Cons
Only focus was productivity. Staff was not appreciated
Good quality services for Clients and supportive staff
Emergency Stabilization Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 15, 2015
I worked there 20 yrs. and saw lots of changes. It was a very positive experience and met my needs for a long time. I think we helped a lot of people and the staff are professional and mostly positive.
Pros
great service to the community
Full service mental health center with opportunities for advancement
Director of Intake and Counseling (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHMay 31, 2015
I am very happy to be working at the Nord Center where the focus is on quality care for the clients we serve.Clinical supervision focuses on skill development in evidenced based interventions to support clinicians in obtaining advanced licensure and maintaining best practice care for the clients.
As Nord Center offers a large range of services, there is great opportunity for career development.I have found administration very open to exploring new ideas for program development.
Pros
Committed, highly trained clinical staff and supportive management team.
Cons
With so many departments and programs, it can take some time to get to know everybody.
Fun Place to work!!!!
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work, great people and a great service they provide to the community. Has been nothing but a positive experience.
Wonderful, rewarding place to work
Community Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 6, 2015
I truly enjoy working at The Nord Center. In my role, I have the opportunity to interact with many departments. I enjoy the variety of responsibilities of the position, and the reward of feeling that you're helping to make a difference in the lives of others.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Director of Institutional Advancement (Current Employee) –  Lorain OHMay 14, 2015
I have worked at The Nord Center twice, having returned after two years somewhere else.

The work our agency does is greatly appreciated by those we serve and by the community as a whole. As part of my job I often have to staff tables at community events. People have walked up to me and told me that our agency has literally saved their lives. If you want a place to work where you will never doubt that you are doing good, The Nord Center is the place to be.

Jobs range from those requiring advanced degrees to those at a more entry level and people have on many occasions advanced from where they started to positions of greater responsibility.

Our workforce is caring and enthusiastic about serving our clients.
Pros
Diverse, interesting and enthusiastic co-workers
Cons
Mental health can be a challenging field to work in
Strange workplace full of upheaval and in-fighting
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHDecember 15, 2013
The Nord Center will live on in infamy as the weirdest workplace ever for many of us who've walked in there and just tried to do a good job everyday. The culture promotes mistrust and lack of community, thus leading to back-stabbing and pretty appalling workplace politics. I saw more people come and go in my time there than in all my other workplaces put together. The clients are the bright spot there and if you can focus on them and block everything else out, you can get through the day. My advice: keep looking; with that paycheck will come a heap of misery.
Pros
the building itself is nice and the clients will touch your heart.
Cons
mean-spirited environment, bully bosses, gossiping back-stabbing co-workers.
Good company with plenty of room for advancement
Support Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OhioFebruary 1, 2012
The Nord Center is a wonderful place to work. Those who acquire successful employment will find exceptional services for the consumer with equally exceptional staff to render those services. There is room for advancement and ample opportunity through trainings and workshops to grow and learn. I grew alot while an employee of The Nord Center.
Pros
local, accessible, good to employees, wonderful place to work
Cons
short breaks
Maintenance Trainee
Job Training (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 15, 2013
I go to work everyday, look at the maintenance requests when I first get in and the team talks about what needs to be done. I can have any type of work when I come in from carpentry to electric and landscape and gardening in the summer. I work with two other people maintaining The Nord Center in a trainee program.It's hard when you make mistakes when you know better. I like what I do and I'm happy but would really like to find a job in a field with maintenance of some sorts.
Pros
learning
Cons
i would like to work more hours
Fun place but you will go nowhere and get paid nothing
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 2, 2014
Good people good place. Poor management. Awful Pay. Upper management is not in touch with what other places are currently paying and will not budge or even compete with other relevant salaries. Also, they will make you fear for your job at all times, sometimes for a good (no) reason.
I worked at The Nord Center for a short time.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 1, 2013
In that time I saw more employees quit, fired or ran out.
This is a Mental Health Facility that only cares about the management. I would never recommend this job to anybody. There is no leadership or training. What you learn about your job is completely up to you.
Pros
it is a free country and you can always walk out of the door.
Cons
no one cares.
Is all about productivity
CPST (Former Employee) –  OHJuly 17, 2014
Is a good opportunity for college grads that need experience. Supervisors are accesible and willing to help and teach. Management pushes productivity to supervisors and eventually they push it to therapists. Productivity surpasses the needs of the clients.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJune 30, 2014
This was one of my most enjoyable work experiences. I worked with wonderful people. We were a team and got along so well. Working with mental health individuals can be a task but everyone here made it easier to handle. This was one place that I did look forward going to on a daily basis. Here I was responsible for checking clients in and directing them accordingly, contacting physicians when their clients arrived, taking financial paperwork and insurance information and copying for financial intake. Taking payments for the facility and balancing book at the end of the work day. Scheduling transportation for clients in need, checking clients out and scheduling their follow up appointments. The hardest part of this job was getting emotionally involved when a client would discuss things with you, knowing there was nothing you could do to help but try to give them a pleasant experience while they were there.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay raise got froze with union contract
Supportive work environment
Medical billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 25, 2014
Best job I have ever had! Great team work and management. Very family friendly place to work.
Pros
good management, good benefits
Cons
low pay
working with mentally ill adults
Live In Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJuly 21, 2014
I love working with this population. majority of co-workers are enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Nord Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8