The North Face

The North Face Employer Reviews

Fast paced and exciting work environment
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, casual work attire, healthy lifestyle incentives
Cons: varying hours
Strong organizational skills are essential in the role of Stock Supervisor. Inventory results, audits, and loss prevention standards are all heavily impacted by the strength of the stockroom. As much time is also spent managing the sales floor, it is important to identify high priority tasks and maintain the flexibility to spend time as needed. I am – more... fortunate to work with an excellent staff and fellow management team. Our sales numbers, audit scores, and shrink percentage are among the top in the company and result largely in part from excellent communication, effective training methods, and an overall positive work environment. – less
Awesome team
Stock Team Member (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 4, 2014
receive shipment , tag, censor, and price merchandise. fill the store floor with new product. maintain stock room clean and accident free.
Good culture
Planner (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: attending to the sales meeting was a great expereince
Cons: racial discrimination; predominantly white (very few minority)
Like any job, A lot of anyone successes depends on who your boss is, the type of management style and if the person gets the appropriate training. The management can make or break the position. In my case; it started hands-off and there was not any type of training. I believe that I was set to fail because during the first 6 months my cubicle was very – more... far from the team. It was almost in another building/area so it was difficult to get any type of training and it was almost impossible. I never got any flow of communication due that the proximity of my desk in comparison to my own team. Therefore, the next months were critical for me because when I was placed closed to my team; I was almost as if I was a new person. My experience was not a fair situation, but I always tried my best to learn and get the most of my experience. Overall, I enjoyed the culture at TNF but not my particular experience.

I also believe TNF has a huge racial discrimination issue. The company is predominantly white, some Asians but very small number of Latinos. After I left TNF, I heard that four people from Latin America were having issues with their white bosses and one Indian person. Of all of them were all pushed out as if it was voluntary termination, but it was not. I have all of their testimonies. – less
Fast Pace Retail Awesome Atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: learned about the outdoor community and living .
Cons: retail hours lack of life balance
My typical day involved supporting the General Manager with back office duties. I would oversee inventory logs, maintain employee records, deliver and assure high quality customer services on the sales floor and online/phone orders. I enjoyed the challenge of merchandising products throughout seasonal changes to fit and tailor our store location and – more... client needs. – less
the best!
Personal Sales Representative (Former Employee), Monroe OhioJuly 31, 2014
The best place I have ever worked! Hours are flexible! Management was amazing!!
great job
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
great work place but just need to go some where I can move up and see get something more like a careere
Fast paced and exciting place to work
Sales (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJune 11, 2014
At The North Face a typical day is very enthusiastic and fun. I learned many of the tricks to making sales. Selling is now a second nature to me! Management is outstanding and strive to make you an outstanding sales person. Your co-workers will make you better. Where they will become your friends, you will compete in many different aspects on a daily – more... basis. The hardest part of the job is keeping up to date on all of the merchandise. In order to be the best at selling a product, you need to know everything about the product. At The North Face they make sure that you have all of the knowledge in order to do this. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer and having them leaving the store satisfied and excited to return. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: everything
Wonderful retail environment, Staff really cares for their employees!
Great place for the adventurous to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), GeorgiaJune 10, 2014
This job is better than a typical retail job, if you love the outdoors because you can apply that knowledge. Customers were typically polite; a lot of them speak English as a second language so patience is key. Management and coworkers alike are great people and we refer to the team as our family.
Buyer (Former Employee), Alameda, CAJune 5, 2014
Good work environment, limited opportunity for upward movement. Pay is generally lower than industry average. If you dont like the outdoors, this is not the place for you.
sales (Current Employee), Towson, MDJune 3, 2014
This is a great company to work for, some of their policies are a little ridiculous, and i feel like they could pay employees a bit more
If you like the outdoors, you will like this company
Selling Supervisor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, approachable corporate employees
A premier manufacturer of outdoor gear that provides perks to the employees.
Fun place to work during the busy time
Material Handler (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 30, 2014
Pros: lunches with each other
Cons: slow during the winter
During each day we called the city to have them park the lawns for where we planted trees. We set up appointments for our landscapers to give a bid for new lawns. The co-workers were great because each learned the other job. The hardest part of the job was working during the winter and still keeping busy.
Respect and automony freely given!
Customer Service Specialist - Temp Seasonal (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 30, 2014
The best call-center I have ever worked in. My only regret is that it was temporary.
Great place to work, great management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2014
Management great with willingness to work with you, answer questions, opportunities for advancement, great benefits
Easy work environment with fun employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: working retail
Through this job I got to learn a great deal about outdoor equipment. It also encouraged me to try new outdoor activities. The management was understanding and nice.
Fast paced and well ran.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: fast paced company.
Cons: they moved to california in 2006.
Great place to work for. Extreme outdoor gear was our main distribution. The management team was great. I started out as a Supervisor and became the warehouse manager after just one year. Everyone worked very hard and the hardest part was meeting all the deadlines. The people were the best part of my job.
Management is always helpful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Upbeat environment to work with. Team work is always observed.
An average work day at The North Face
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
Pros: one hour breaks friendly managers and staff
Cons: there is a lot of downtime.
A typical day at The North Face is simply just interacting with my fellow peers, helping out customers and finding out their needs to make sure I provide exceptional customer service.
Exciting company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2013
Pros: work environment, retail pay, culture, benefits
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited unless you are able to relocate to other states.
The North Face is a fun and exciting company to work for. The company has a great culture, work environment, management, and benefits. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for part time of full time work.

1 2 3

About The North Face

VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A – Read more

The North Face Photos