The North Face

The North Face Employee Reviews

The North Face Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie , WisconsinJune 24, 2015
Pros: gift cards
Cons: none
My typical day at The North Face is busy. Help customers find what they are looking for in our store. I greet customer , zip up jackets , we try and keep the store as clean as possible.

What I learned is how to talk and interact with other people. I also learned great customer service and team work. I really enjoyed working for this company.

My Management was amazing I loved each and every one of my managers. They were very helpful and taught me a lot.

The hardest part was not having the item in stock that my customer really wanted. The most enjoyable time is when I help my customer find what they are looking for and the love it , love when they leave with a smile on their face and remember my name.
A brand that promotes growth and embodies their moto to "Never Stop Exploring"
Store Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaJune 19, 2015
Working for The North Face has been a pleasure. The company and its employees will challenge you to grow and step outside your comfort zone. TNF recognizes talent and promotes those who wish to grow. As a premium brand with a impeccable reputation they will expect you to embody their corporate culture and conduct yourself professionally.
Depends on the season
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 12, 2015
The workplace can be either slow or fast, depending on the season. Holiday season is fast-paced and more demanding, but once it's over it gets very slow.
it's okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Michigan City, INJune 12, 2015
Pros: discount, location
Cons: no job security
job security is not safe, went from having 25-30 hours a week to now having 5 hours. very customer centered, fun company to work for
Great product, Great People.
Selling Supervisor (Current Employee), Skokie, ILMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great discount, great management.
Cons: normal retail cons.
Typical retail sales but more enjoyable due to the nature of what you sell. My management team is amazing which makes work life much more pleasant. Hardest part of the job are irate customers (like any retail location might have). TNF provides opportunities to get outdoors and volunteering. They stay at the forefront of outdoor product innovation which makes it all that much more exciting.
Productive and fun place to be
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Alameda, CAMay 13, 2015
Its an outdoor company with Outdoor lief style.
They believe in there product and take pride there product and innovation
A great place to work, especially if you love the outdoors! Staff is fun and welcoming.
Retail Sales Associate & Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 10, 2015
Pros: Encouragement of outdoor exploration, active engagement in community service, healthcare, discount on apparel
Cons: Hours of operation, Penalization of employees
Overall, I love working for this company. They embody much of what I'm about in life when it comes to outdoor exploration. We are constantly encouraged to get outside, whether it be going for a hike, running, backpacking or exploring the nature around us. This allows us to test our products and tell customers first hand about our experiences and what we feel will best fit their needs based on the knowledge that we have obtained. The staff is fun and upbeat, though sometimes can forget that customer service is our number one priority. The management is effective at ensuring that all employees are trained on policies and procedures and they are always there to answer questions when needed.
Maybe if your in High School
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: rent camping equipment
Cons: managers are as immature as retail sales staff.
Lack of hours. Managers who rather hide in back "counting inventory" so there was no real direction. Stores often carry specific items that do not compare to what competitors have even though it's the North Face brand; My store only carried the black, white, grey, maybe red in popular jackets. Most customers could go to Nordstrom or Macy's in the same mall get the same jacket for $10 cheaper and have it in a different color that wasn't available.
Great place to work while in University
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXApril 23, 2015
I learned a great deal about the retail industry with my time at The North Face including the way a sales floor was laid out and utilized, merchandising product, running the stock room, and managing employees. I was also the top salesman the first year the store was open gaining many gift card incentives.
Productive and fun workplace. Unique company culture and work environment.
Product Developer (Former Employee), Alameda, CAApril 22, 2015
Workday would begin with checking and following up with emails. Prioritizing projects pertaining to deadlines indicative of the production calendar.

I learned how to effectively contribute as a team player resulting in the continued quality and industry leadership in outdoor equipment and accessories.

Collaborated with management and fellow developers to ensure best practices pertaining to samples and final production.

The most challenging aspect of this role was meeting sensitive deadlines without compromising product integrity and brand image.

The most enjoyable part of this position was witnessing our accomplishments as a team as the final product realized success at the retail level.
The place where you work and still get to enjoy outdoor
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: good discount
Cons: no food and uniform for the outlet
The most enjoyable part about my job is training and developing, helping customers and making sure that we are in compliance with our company standards. I motivate my team by being positive and making sure to know that I appreciate their hardwork before they end their shift. A simple thank you will go far. I love my job and I love helping customers.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Braintree, MAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting customers as much as possible and making the store look presentable. The store is extremely busy during the winter time, so casual relaxation is at a minimum. The management team is excellent, and shifts are reasonable given the flexible hours. All of my co-workers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job at The North Face, is assisting customers that have a fixed mindset and only come into the store wanting a specific item that is not available. They usually get frustrated, but its our goal to keep a positive attitude flowing no matter how difficult a customer can be.
Its a decent place to work at
Stock and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 11, 2015
Its always something new when i walk in. i learned a few things about the company and the product and excel, my co-workers are awesome well most of them.
not a very subportive enviorment
ascentials specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: need better health insurance for full time employees
slow during the spring and summer months
learned how to deal with difficult customers
product technology and different forms of technology within the product what the technology does
management does not adhere to store standards doesn't care about employee development
some workers don't care about store standards no respect for others work
hard to teach others on how to do things properly
some of the co workers are cool to work with
great place to work with outstanding people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: working with good people
Cons: must take your break
Help customers on a continuous basis making sure everyone is attended to with care and with the highest level of customer appreciation.
Would recommend working at
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peabody, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Very laid back company, give you a lot of gear to have you try it out and so you know more about it. Also have a lot of meetings where they have spokesman come down and talk about the gear and where the company is headed. Smaller company but really good to work for,
productive workplace that is fun energenic in a relaxed and cool atmophere
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the ability to wear any piece of clothing in the store at any time
Cons: short breaks not enough hours
a typical work day for me at the north face involved me providing customer service to all my members and customers assisting them with product knowledge and know how about the piece the equipment that they are going to purchace. i also had to provide loss prevention services for the store during the busy holidays and any special events. as well as restocking shelves refolding clothes and proscesing stock.
Very fun and exciting work place.
Sales associate seasonal (Former Employee), Tulalip, WAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: gift cards and discounts
Cons: not enough hours
From the start of your shift to the end you'll always have a good day at work because of the people who work here and the way this store is ran. Through out each shift I would usually be on the floor, greeting, stocking and being cashier. Having a work place that gives you multiple opportunities to excel in different jobs is amazing. I never had any issues with co-workers or managers. Although this was only a temporary seasonal job over the few short months I was there I became such good friends with everyone it was hard to leave.
Industry leader.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Great opportunities. Leader in outdoor industry. Management is excellent. Growing company. Company is expanding. Need more vertical communication from corporate partners in operations to the field. Feedback is welcomed, action is slow.
The worst work experience of my life
sales associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 7, 2015
I was bullied right out of the north face.

The management was horrible, they were rude and condescending. and they didnt know how to do their jobs right.

1 2 3 4

About The North Face

VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A – Read more

The North Face Salaries