The NRP Group LLC Employee Reviews

The worst property management company I have EVER worked for.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2017
Poor management, they make it impossible to get paid for commissions you work so very hard for. I worked thru my lunch and was forced to do so off the clock.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, poor pay, complete chaos
Review from Lebanon, IN
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INOctober 13, 2017
I loved working for NRP in Lebanon, IN. On a typical day if I had issues I had assistance from the co-workers and supervisors. NRP provided on site personnel with excellent assistance when needed. They encouraged us and made sure that we were fully trained in our roles.
The hardest part of my job was reaching full occupancy. Being on a tax credit community was a little bit of a challenge. I enjoyed my residents, they made my days.
If I didn't have to relocate to another state I would still be employed with NRP.
Pros
Training, co-workers and supervisors, flexible schedule
Cons
some long days, 1 person office
Very competitive
Community Assistant Manager/Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Great company always on your toes gotta keep up with everyone. They only expect the best from their employees. They are willing to train to get what they expect.
Leasing
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Very fast paced, stressful but the compensation is to great. I enjoyed working with the staff however sometimes the work can be overwhelming. I learned a lot.
Pros
Commissons
Cons
Overwhelming
Good culture and ethics
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I had a great experience with upper management and the direction of the company. There are numerous support departments and the majority of the staff is willing to help or point you in the right direction. I only recently experienced issues, but that is related to 1 person and shouldn't reflect on the company as a whole.
Pros
Schedule, Employee events, training opportunities
Cons
Expensive insurance, unfit Managers make it difficult to be an employee
Community Manager / Senior LIHTC (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2017
The company is a great place to work. They pay very well to get good people to handle their assets. They really do care about their associates which is really hard in a company.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
No way for advancement
Learning environment
Director of Development Accounting (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJune 6, 2017
This was an excellent company to learn about the industry of affordable housing and tax credits. In my time, I was encouraged to learn as much as possible and after several years, became to one that new hires came to to learn.
Pros
Professional growth
Cons
Heavy hours
Great
Operations and Yardi analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed the time and growth with the company. I learned and was able to help those who wanted to learn along the way. I loved being part of the growth.
Typical day at work
LEASING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TXApril 25, 2017
The NRP Group was a work place that was high energized and an exciting place to be Monday through Friday. They supported and trained their employees to be equipped for various daily challenges. If I was not returning to finish my college degree I would still be a member of this great employer.
Okay
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
I enjoy working for NRP. I worked on the Affordable Housing side and they pay was average. hey have ongoing training throughout the year and are hands on.
Sometimes Fun and Sometimes Rediculous
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2017
NRP as a whole is great! I got unlucky with a bad manager. It is great to interact with different people every day and not be chained to a desk. I would like to grow with the company...if my boss will ever allow that to happen.
Fast pace energetic fun work place
Head Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
Working for NRP was a great experience. The environment was very fast paced, there was always something to do, from giving tours to prospects to reviewing applications, submitting credit reports, along with many other duties. I worked with an awesome team and great manager.
Progressive company
Leasing Agent for Market Rate and Section (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2017
It was a typical leasing position:
Show apartments
Attend regular trainings
Specialized in Section 42 applications
Ok place to work
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2016
NRP is a good place to work. Compensation is reasonable but not as competitive as the rest of the market. They do promote within and have a nice work environment.
Great Company and support system
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2016
I have worked for a number of apartment communities including fee managed and private owners in a couple of different states. Each property & company comes with positive and negatives that are just part of your job.
I had little to no Tax Credit experience and NRP was willing to train and provide me the resources I needed to be successful. The company has grown tremendously in my time here and has made an active effort to develop and implement policies for the better of its team and properties.
Hardest part of the job is you cannot make everyone happy, applicants, residents etc. But having polices in place helps us to hold residents accountable and push the properties to be great places to live. Management also backs site teams up on policies and is consistent in doing so.
My most enjoyable part of the job is my team. We are allowed some freedoms to enjoy one another's company for holidays, lunches, and fun. NRP also makes an effort to do functions by region and allow time to build relationships with other people and properties.
My NRP Experience
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2016
Greetings,

I have been in the industry for over 25 years and have worked for and with many property management companies. NRP is by far one if not the best overall company that I have been associated with. For those that like to be appreciated for what they do, then this is the company for you. The support staff, no matter what the issue is are always willing to jump in and assist you at anytime. The reason I am leaving to go to another company is an advancement. If not for that reason I would never leave.
Pros
Great Company! No words can really express how good it is.
Cons
None - I tried to think of at least one and could not.
Official response from The NRP Group LLC
November 29, 2016

Thanks for being a part of our team!!! You are welcome back anytime!!

Professional Organization!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2016
I have been with the NRP Group for more than 9 years. I truly enjoy working for a professional organization and people that are like my second family. We have a high performance culture and teamwork is essential in accomplishing goals. Ideas for improvement are always welcome and will lead you to future career growth. When our residents tell us how much they love their communities…that’s job satisfaction!!
Pros
Working with people who have the same work ethic.
Great Place to work and make an impact!
HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2016
I have worked for The NRP Group for over 5 years. The work is always new, exciting, and fast paced so there is never a dull moment. NRP's entrepreneurial spirit has contributed to exponential growth. NRP has also provided opportunities for personal and professional growth for me. Management is always looking for new ways to improve and streamline processes as the organization continues to grow. At NRP, I feel like I'm part of a great team made up of some of the industry's top leaders. I am very proud to be a part of that team and to contribute towards our goals as an organization.
Pros
Great Training, supportive corporate office, fun people to work with
Great company, "learning by doing" training
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2016
Your co-workers are patience, helpful, and really make you feel like you're apart of the team. There is a great work-life balance as well.
Entrepreneurial Spirit
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2016
The entrepreneurial spirit at NRP thrives. If you are willing to work hard and further develop the interests of the company, you will receive the same treatment in return as an employee with your career path. The company is always looking to promote from within while having an emphasis on work-life balance. I have never dealt with a more reasonable group of upper management that understands life happens sometimes. The core values are not there for looks. They are a pillar of daily living at NRP. Numerous employees have been with the company five, ten, and twenty years. If you are looking for more than just a job, but a career with a company that you can call home. I would suggest applying today.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Promote from within

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The NRP Group LLC. Our community is ready to answer.