The NRP Group LLC Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
LEASING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TXApril 25, 2017
The NRP Group was a work place that was high energized and an exciting place to be Monday through Friday. They supported and trained their employees to be equipped for various daily challenges. If I was not returning to finish my college degree I would still be a member of this great employer.
Sometimes Fun and Sometimes Rediculous
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2017
NRP as a whole is great! I got unlucky with a bad manager. It is great to interact with different people every day and not be chained to a desk. I would like to grow with the company...if my boss will ever allow that to happen.
Fast pace energetic fun work place
Head Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
Working for NRP was a great experience. The environment was very fast paced, there was always something to do, from giving tours to prospects to reviewing applications, submitting credit reports, along with many other duties. I worked with an awesome team and great manager.
Progressive company
Leasing Agent for Market Rate and Section (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2017
It was a typical leasing position:
Show apartments
Attend regular trainings
Specialized in Section 42 applications
Ok place to work
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2016
NRP is a good place to work. Compensation is reasonable but not as competitive as the rest of the market. They do promote within and have a nice work environment.
Great Company and support system
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2016
I have worked for a number of apartment communities including fee managed and private owners in a couple of different states. Each property & company comes with positive and negatives that are just part of your job.
I had little to no Tax Credit experience and NRP was willing to train and provide me the resources I needed to be successful. The company has grown tremendously in my time here and has made an active effort to develop and implement policies for the better of its team and properties.
Hardest part of the job is you cannot make everyone happy, applicants, residents etc. But having polices in place helps us to hold residents accountable and push the properties to be great places to live. Management also backs site teams up on policies and is consistent in doing so.
My most enjoyable part of the job is my team. We are allowed some freedoms to enjoy one another's company for holidays, lunches, and fun. NRP also makes an effort to do functions by region and allow time to build relationships with other people and properties.
My NRP Experience
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2016
Greetings,

I have been in the industry for over 25 years and have worked for and with many property management companies. NRP is by far one if not the best overall company that I have been associated with. For those that like to be appreciated for what they do, then this is the company for you. The support staff, no matter what the issue is are always willing to jump in and assist you at anytime. The reason I am leaving to go to another company is an advancement. If not for that reason I would never leave.
Pros
Great Company! No words can really express how good it is.
Cons
None - I tried to think of at least one and could not.
November 29, 2016

Thanks for being a part of our team!!! You are welcome back anytime!!

Professional Organization!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2016
I have been with the NRP Group for more than 9 years. I truly enjoy working for a professional organization and people that are like my second family. We have a high performance culture and teamwork is essential in accomplishing goals. Ideas for improvement are always welcome and will lead you to future career growth. When our residents tell us how much they love their communities…that’s job satisfaction!!
Pros
Working with people who have the same work ethic.
Great Place to work and make an impact!
HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2016
I have worked for The NRP Group for over 5 years. The work is always new, exciting, and fast paced so there is never a dull moment. NRP's entrepreneurial spirit has contributed to exponential growth. NRP has also provided opportunities for personal and professional growth for me. Management is always looking for new ways to improve and streamline processes as the organization continues to grow. At NRP, I feel like I'm part of a great team made up of some of the industry's top leaders. I am very proud to be a part of that team and to contribute towards our goals as an organization.
Pros
Great Training, supportive corporate office, fun people to work with
Great company, "learning by doing" training
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2016
Your co-workers are patience, helpful, and really make you feel like you're apart of the team. There is a great work-life balance as well.
Entrepreneurial Spirit
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2016
The entrepreneurial spirit at NRP thrives. If you are willing to work hard and further develop the interests of the company, you will receive the same treatment in return as an employee with your career path. The company is always looking to promote from within while having an emphasis on work-life balance. I have never dealt with a more reasonable group of upper management that understands life happens sometimes. The core values are not there for looks. They are a pillar of daily living at NRP. Numerous employees have been with the company five, ten, and twenty years. If you are looking for more than just a job, but a career with a company that you can call home. I would suggest applying today.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Promote from within
NRP is one of the best companies I have worked for
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 4, 2016
I've been with NRP Group for a little over a year and have really enjoyed the team I work with each day and the management personnel from the corporate office. It's one of the best companies I have ever worked for.

Since my hire I have noticed a concerted effort to grow and strengthen the onboarding of each new employee and the continued education and growth of current employees. NRP cares about rewarding their employees for a job well-done (monetary and verbally) and I have witnessed about a dozen internal promotions since I joined the company. They also promote a healthy work-life balance for their employees which was important for me.

If you notice something that can be improved upon and you speak up, there is a someone on the other end that genuinely cares about finding and executing a solution, which I have found to be rare at other companies. Sure there are tough days but overall I have had a really great experience with NRP and would recommend it to any hardworking individual!
Great place to work and learn!
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2016
NRP is a great place to work with a fun culture. They are all about giving back to the community and keeping employees happy and excited about what's to come. I had fantastic training when I started and am always surrounded by people willing to help me out and better myself. This is my first job out of college and I would highly recommend NRP to anyone looking to start (or continue) their career!
Pros
Great training, fun people
Cons
Hourly people don't get the same treatment as salaried people in some cases
Great work family!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2016
Enjoying your work environment and co-workers is so important. I mean we are with each other more than our actual family. Everyone here is so willing to help you succeed, no matter how high up in the company they are. Everyone's on first name basis and they genuinely care about your NRP experience. I'm so happy to be apart of the NRP team!
Great place to work if you like to work hard with great people
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2016
Ours is a fast paced, hard working department with some of the best co-workers I could ever ask for! I love the work, the structure and the camaraderie that I have with my co-workers. The fact that we're always busy helps make the work days enjoyable and fly by. New ideas, improvements and ways of thinking are always welcomed and encouraged by everyone - anything that'll make us more productive while making our work life easier is always a good thing.
Although I love my job, it can be difficult at times as the different departments don't always work together as well as they should and favoritism of one department or other is very much perceived.
I'd like to see more chances for advancement in our department but all in all, I'm very happy that I came to work for NRP.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays, free soft drinks everyday, lots of work, great leadership
Cons
Parking garage is a hassle because free parking only on the 6th floor, not everyone is allowed reserved parking, advancement oppurtunities are slim
Great Company!!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2016
NRP is an exciting and energetic company to work for. Which is why I came back!! Never a dull moment but you have to definitely love paperwork to appreciate your job. Management has an open door policy and the company is constantly improving and growing which is great. From personal experience, room for advancement is definitely an option here, I started as Leasing and I am happy to say today I am a Community Manager so hard work pays off and seen by everyone through out NRP. Very proud to be apart of a team!!
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
High energy work environment!!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2016
NRP is an extremely exciting company to work for. Management has an open door policy and the company is constantly improving and implementing new technology and processes each and every day. We have grown in size considerably and have a product like no other. The culture is family oriented and there is always a high level of energy. Very proud to be on the team!
Pros
Culture - Great people in all areas of the company
poorly managed, all weight on maintenance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2016
My experience was with a manager that pushed her responsibility off on her assistant and would disappear on a regular basis and nobody higher up appeared to be concerned. Very high stress levels
Pros
Cons
no management support
November 2, 2016

We are very sorry that you had a bad experience. NRP has taken steps to listen more closely to our employees concerns and we are working towards creating a better "team environment" and making sure everyone is following the core values of our company.

November 7, 2016

NRP is a very fast paced growing company that is becoming one of the "leaders" in the industry. With that comes a lot of responsibility. The need for team work is essential. Upper Management is concerned and is making excellent advancements to enhance the work experience within each and every property. Property Management in general is a high stress environment and NRP keeps moving in the right direction to ensure employee satisfaction! We just keep getting better and better each and every day!

Horrible management company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2016
This is one of the worst companies in property management that I have ever worked you. It hasn't been six months since I started And I'm ready to hand in my keys. The turn over rate is extremely high. If your not apart of the corporate office your useless to this company. The pay is decent but they could have a better bonus structure. I'm definitely in the process of finding better employment. Don't waste your time working for this company!!
awful company to work for.
Maintenance Supervior (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
awful company to work for. Because they run tax credit communities, they expect the world and give you little (pay for) to work with.
November 2, 2016

NRP is changing it's maintenance structure to help our maintenance teams run more smoothly and efficiently. 2017 is going to be a fantastic year and the Maintenance Team will see some great changes!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The NRP Group LLC. Our community is ready to answer.