An outstanding opportunity for up to 4 new Emergency Medicine physician faculty positions at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, in Columbus, Ohio, exists today. With an expanded, new, and innovative emergency department, residency program and all the resources of one of the nation's largest universities on one campus, incredible clinical, educational, and research opportunities exist for high quality faculty. Two of these new positions will be research intensive and two will be more traditional faculty tracks, with an emphasis on educational innovation and translation.
- Patient care activity in an Emergency Department designated as a Level 1 Trauma Center, Burn Center, Cardiac Center, and Stroke Center with 71,000 annual visit and/or in the nearby satellite community-based Emergency Department with 50,000 annual visits.
- A $1.1 BILLION expansion of the clinical footprint will open a new ED in July 2014.
- Abundant teaching opportunities for medical students, residents, fellows and others
- Research and scholarship opportunities
- Competitive salaries with full university benefit packages, including generous health insurance plans, multiple retirement options, state immunity, and group paid malpractice coverage
- CME allowance and tuition assistance
Located in Ohio’s capital city, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style.
- Low cost of living with choice of a variety of communities to live in: from historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and downtown nightlife.
- Family friendly with excellent choice of schools
- Home to leading technological companies, vast academic resources, and thriving industry
- Eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Numerous public and private golf courses, including the famed Muirfield Village Golf Club, home of the Memorial Tournament
- MD or DO
- Successful completion of an Emergency Medicine residency program
- Board certified or eligible in Emergency Medicine
- Strong clinical and teaching skills
- Experience working in a complex team-focused environment
- Formal research training with clinical trials experience if applying for research track
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Indeed - 21 months ago