The Ohio State University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent teaching environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I loved my time at the Ohio State University. All aspects of this environment are positive for someone willing to learn and advance. The potential here is enormous
Pros
Cons
It was an hour drive one way for me
A great work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2012
Working for The Ohio State Medical Center was very wonderful. I learned a lot of valuable life lesson. For example, there are two things should not be apart of work enviornment, dry humor and sarcasm; my manager at the time said that in a meeting. I learned how to work with and interact will all kinds of people. The management was wonderful and very flexiable and aware of the employee needs. My co workers were also wonderful. The hardest part of my job was resigning from my position; however, it was necessary in order for me to complete my degree. I really enjoyed every aspect of my job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
finding parking
Leading University Teaching Hospital
Strategic Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2012
The Ohio State University Medical Center is one of the largest and most diverse academic medical centers in the country and the only academic medical center in central Ohio. Their mission is to improve people’s lives through innovation in research, The Ohio State University Medical Center saves lives and improves the quality of life by rapidly translating the latest discoveries from the research lab to the bedside.
Excellent hospital, have taken my family members there for care.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2012
During my time at OSU, I witnessed and cared for patients involved in amazing medical advancements. There are many wonderful doctors and nurses working in that hospital. I was very fortunate to be a part of OSU and watch them help to improve both the patients quantity and quality of life.
Pros
physicians, level one trauma center, transplants, cancer treatment and, research
Cons
lack of management holding staff accountable
productive environment and alot to learn
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2012
I come in and work 7 pm-7am and each night its the same routine its organized into each task completed at a certain time, blood draws, vitals etc.
I have learned a lot the most important i have learned is patience.
Management is alright it could be a lot better they are adaptable to your needs.
Co-workers are great a lot of team work.
Hardest part of my job is dealing with patients who do not survive its tough to see their families hurt and see patients in pain.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients and see them walk out of the hospital feeling better and ready for going home and continue at home receiving the care and keep getting better.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
healthcare, short breaks
Large and progressive company
Diagnostic Transportation (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2014
I worked as a student diagnostic transporter which didn't allow me to receive union benefits or pay. I did gain experience in the medical field by interacting with various levels of employees and managers. This position is labor intensive as you will be on your feet most of the day.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Breaks are limited, sometimes it feels like you carry the load more than others.
College
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2014
Our employees play a critical role in contributing to our mission in an environment that’s collaborative, performance-based, and challenging. From promising college grads to seasoned veterans, the people of the College Board further our cause through fresh ideas, spirited innovation, and hard work.
Clinical Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2015
The Ohio University Wexner Medical Center is a great place to work. There benefits package is great, in addition to great medical coverage at premium lower than most.
Amazing! Everything was amazing!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2012
I was so fortunate to finally get a job working for the same school I obtained my college degree from. I miss it. I only left for a promotion through another hospital. I was proud to work there everyday!
Pros
everything, especially the benefits and job security.
Cons
politics.
Great group of people with whom to work; fantastic benefits.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2014
I learned a lot about our study's subject matter. The most enjoyable part of the job was my wonderful coworkers. The hardest part of the job was interviewing study participants.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, flexible schedule.
Cons
Low salary
great teaching hospital
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 20, 2015
They keep growing and are doing amazing things there. I started my radiology career there and learned a lot. Everyone was friendly. Co workers were very nice. I worked nights so you just never knew what you were going to see.
heart breaking experience
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 12, 2012
great benefits. very poor at handling issues. The department I worked in had people who were very unkind and back stabbing, Fun position. s
Pros
great location and great benefit
Cons
very unfriendly personell.
Work Environment
Patient Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was construction going on, which made it difficult to get around and park at times, but the change was beneficial.
Cons
PARKING
great stable place to work
Student Assistant- Outpatient Medical Records (Current Employee) –  columbus, ohioFebruary 12, 2015
this is the place to be if you want to grow. many jobs and great working relationships. working with patients is fun sometimes
Great company to work for
Patient Access Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2012
Learned to be a team player, work well with little supervision, do my best, go over and beyond, dependable, help others, worked with different cultural backgrounds
Great Place to Work
Clinical Engineering Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2013
Lots of training. There is always room to move up. Everyone is a team player. Co-workers are very friendly.
Pros
Pride in what you do and knowing it makes a difference
Huge
Patient Care Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2012
This is a great place to wirk if you want to move up. with free tuition and plenty of room at the top you can really make a life for yourself
Pros
tuition
Cons
the hspital is very big
Very family friendly with excellent benefits
Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2013
Monotonous but good experience. Learned a lot about patient care and safety as well as teamwork skills.
Perfect place to work
Clinical Research Manager, OB/GYN Department (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 5, 2013
Great atmosphere and culture, recommend to everybody, high professionals
Pros
continuous education
Cons
busy schedule
One of the top employers in central Ohio
Laboratory Manager / Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 5, 2012
-great culture/organizational value
-great facilities
-great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ohio State University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3