The Old Spaghetti Factory

The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews in United States

very good
Nashville, Tennessee Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2016
good place to work the managers really care about the workers and customers the hardest part of the job is being undersized and being located downtown
Good and fun place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2016
It a very good place to work get paid every thursday hoilday pay and very good benefits really good place to work always something to do and always nice customers and empolees lovely and friendly service
Great atmosphere to be apart of
SERVER/ BUSSER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 23, 2016
For a few years i had the opportunity to work alongside an excellent cast of coworkers. Some have become personal friends of mine and i still keep in touch with many others. Overall, they work as a unit, always on the same page!
Nice place to work
Supervisor-Jessica (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 31, 2016
I took care of the restaurant in many different ways. Remodel to cleaning the place. I took care of all the old furniture and kept it looking nice.
Pros
I could eat for free
Good place to make money if you are willing to work hard
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 30, 2016
The tools they provide on how to give the customers a great experience are sufficient but only providing one week of training does not allow the new server the time to hone their skills. Once you have the hang of it though, you can make decent money in tips.
Pros
busy work load, opportunity to advance
Cons
On your feet for long periods of time and lots of walking
Great Environment
Host (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 16, 2016
Claims to be flexible in scheduling according to online ad or help wanted on host's desk, which is mostly true.

Below management and supervision, it's part-time for every position.

Fairly standard pay rate (not competitive). Very strenuous for physically demanding work that pays a little above minimum wage, for server and kitchen staff.
Pros
Great people, everyone is really laid-back; the restaurant is a fun environment, very family oriented.
Cons
High turnover rate because of favoritism.
Great first job and learning experience
Lead Host/Trainer/Secretary/Server (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 20, 2016
Hosting was my first paying job and I absolutely loved it. I was hired at 17 and working in such a fast paced environment with hard working adults helped me grow as a person and opened my eyes to the real world. Management was amazing; I was promoted multiple times in a short amount of time and constantly acknowledged for my leadership/teamwork and positive attitude. I have nothing negative to say about working at The Old Spaghetti Factory. I'm extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to work for such a great company.
A fun work environment with hard working people
Host and Busser (Current Employee) –  Tanasbourne, ORApril 14, 2016
The staff is easy to get along with and they keep things upbeat and positive. Everyone is willing to give a hand to help someone out. The management team can always be contacted and are willing to listen and help where they can.
Pros
discount food
Cons
they don't promote from within very often
Great Place, Fun and family friendly
Server/ Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 12, 2016
You are always given the chance to learn and grow with the company. They like to promote from within. Management is always great and have been there for years and makes for a stable place to work. co-workers always get along and spend time outside of work with each other as well. Sometimes you can get stretched a little thin during your shift but and that can be tough. The best part was all the people I would see everyday and the people that I would get to work with.
Pros
1/2 off meals, good money, great staff and always like going to work
Cons
long shifts at times
Overall a good company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2016
Good company that has great family values. The major issue with Spaghetti Factory is the foresight and planning is disorganized. Bonuses program is heavily weighted on guest service and cost controls but the standards are extremely hard if not impossible to achieve.
Potential to move up is endless however the compensation is below industry standard.

Want to know more about The Old Spaghetti Factory?

Ask a question
Okay Job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 5, 2016
The company itself is a good start for anyone who wants a job. The location I work for, the management team can be better. Pay is not so great; kitchen positions are tiring and the pay-rate for a kitchen position is just not accommodating for the amount of work and BS you go through. Besides a few good coworkers, most of the coworkers are toxic, shady, and immature. You got to babysit them and instruct them what to do.
Pros
a job that pays hourly
Cons
short breaks, tiring kitchen work
big busy restuarant but terrible management
Server (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I have never worked for a large restaurant so that is fun and a lot of the employees are cool to work with since there are so many people you get a variety. Our new management has been unproductive, i am triple sat tables by my GM!!!!!! Then when we are frantically behind the managers will criticize the smallest most unimportant things when big issues need to be addressed. You cannot say a cuss word or drink a soda without being yelled at. There are no more double shifts as they keep hiring many new employees and lowering all of our hours. We even had a veteran of 10 years quit because their rent couldn't be paid and management didn't do a thing to help when it was expressed. The sections are horribly designed and since you are triple sat all night you are just behind and more stressed than normal. Overall this place makes me feel inferior when I know I am a good server with my years of experience. When will companies learn that happy employees equal a happy restaurant.
Pros
fun to work with a lot of people
Cons
Bad management, poorly designed sections, not enough hours or shifts
Server reveiw
Server (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Good company. Wonderful place to start your experience serving. Sets you up for a strong serving background. Works with school schedule very well. They also have easy transfers to other locations.
Great work enviroment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 27, 2016
This job was my second, practically my first full time job.
At this place I learned that working as team member is a lot more fun. There was busy days but we all managed to go through them working always as a team and making sure everything was going well.
Great work environment
server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2016
Great place to work if you are looking for a flexible job that needs to work around your availability. Only downfall is limited opportunity for advancement.
Its was an alright place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2016
Showed up, washed dishes, changed line from lunch service to dinner. Talked about dinner specials. roasted, grilled chicken 20 minutes prior to dinner rush.
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2016
The Old Spaghetti Factory is a great place to work at, the pay is good and growing with the company is easy. Fun environment .
productive workplace
host (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 3, 2016
great teamwork, understanding managers, if it got too stressful there was always a helping hand around, over all wonderful environment to work in
Pros
understanding managers
Cons
rush hour
Mostly fast pace and busy
Host/ To-go Host (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 29, 2015
Working at OSF had good and bad experiences. Most of my co-workers were awesome people who worked hard when needed to, but also very down to earth behind the scenes. However throughout my tenure management had went from great to decent. I easily recognized this by the changes in attitude of my co-workers and the disappearance of a few of them. All in all i'd say OSF was a good learning step because of the positive and negative experiences i had gain.
Pros
50% off on entire meals ( drinks and ice cream included)
Cons
Management can be stressful at times.
Good while it lasted
Salad-maker, Sandwich-assembler (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 23, 2015
Things just turned sour the longer I stayed. Attitudes changed and all the good people were leaving. A lot of high school drama situations were always present.

The Old Spaghetti Factory Reviews by Location