The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work at.
Hostess/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 15, 2017
I work at the old spaghetti factory for about 3 years. It was a good experience for my first job. I moved up 3 times in the time I worked there. Started as a hostess, then moved up to a server, and finally because a bartender. The food is pretty good if you are into pasta and Italian. Management was easy going
Pros
Food half priced for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Efficient and fast paced, but enjoyable.
Dishwasher/Sysco (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2017
Hardest part of this job was getting in the flow of things at first, but once you get into the flow with everyone else the job starts to become second nature. Really the only hard part about the job is dealing with the mess in terms of organization when you are left alone waiting for the next dishwasher to come in and help you close out for the day. One thing I enjoyed most is that everyone was very welcoming and we all worked as a team with no hesitations. We worked to make the restaurant more sufficient, regardless of what the next person thought. One thing that I gained from this job was that I was able to actually utilize the teamwork aspect and actually communicate effectively with my coworkers.
Great coworkers, and that's it
Trainer and Server (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 8, 2017
There was always drama between management and the staff while I was working there. Multiple serves and bussers (including myself) had been cussed out by the kitchen manager before he was relocated. The staff works very hard and very well together.
Pros
Free meals for with highest sales
Cons
Horrible break room
You work in the kitchen as a line cook or a dishwasher
Prep Cook/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 19, 2017
When I started, I thought it was a good change of pace, to be a cook in the kitchen sounded nice for good experience. After a while I began to realize that when times got tough, management would hide in the office and get very angry when they had to come out and help. They did not listen to anything the employees were asking, such as time off or leaving early due to personal reasons. If you needed help in your area, management completely ignored you. You had to watch what you said around your co workers because if you mentioned trying to go for a promotion, they will turn around and try to sabotage you in order for them to get that promotion. They expect so much out of you but you get very little in return and absolutely no gratitude.
Pros
location
Cons
management, co workers, job description, no benefits at all
Warm, Family style restaurant
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 17, 2017
At Old Spaghetti Factory you should expect to be very busy every single day. There was always something to do/ needed to be done. The family style resturant kept everything fast paced. Customers would be in and out in 30-45 minutes on average.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
very busy, large staff
Overall worth it
Host/Busser (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 12, 2017
Good place to work overall. Flexibility within shifts. Amazing advancement within the schedule posted. Fun hard working staff, easy to get along with.
Productive and quick paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2017
A typical day at work was slow right before the dinner rush and picked up around 6 pm. At about 6:30 pm employees and managers would begin to get flustered and irritated.
I learned to do the best I can in a stressful situation and to not freak out, freak outs lead to mistakes.
Management was good in terms of managing schedules and making sure everyone was on task. You could often find a manager socializing with an employee at the front end in front of customers.
Workplace culture was upbeat and happy.
The hardest part of the job was trying to work with and around the servers in an orderly fashion while preparing take out orders.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seating the customers and conversing with them.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Short breaks, little benefits
It was a good experience.
Bus Boy/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 6, 2017
The management was well organized and I have very few complaints. It was hard work due to how large the restaurant is, and how many tables I would have to maintain at a time. All in all I enjoyed it.
was fun place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 5, 2017
I was hired on as a front of the house manager. My GM was great. the District manager was also great. I liked working there and my hours were good. Over all it was positive.
Pros
pay and hours and atmosphere was great
Cons
food was average.
I was 16 and hated the place
Front Desk Hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2017
I really can't say anything to much. It's been years since I worked here and I was 16 at the time of course I hated my job. Not the most poorly run restaurant I've seen though... Honestly that place was super organized and I appreciate that now.
Very productive and fun place to work at
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 27, 2017
Enjoy working here. People are nice and everybody gets along. The rush can be handled. Easy to move your way up. Best restaurant job, love coming to work.
Pros
50 percent off lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Avoid at all costs
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
You get paid like dirt, expect to spend half your paycheck paying to park your car at a parking lot a block away at 11 or later at night. Management sucks. The majority of people who work there are work release from you can guess where. I had a stalker and told management about this person and asked someone to walk with me to my car and they refused to, simply said "it's not our problem! that's all you." Just pathetic. I had to pick up another job because the pay was bare minimum wage. Management was not flexible on changing my work hours so I could work at my other job so I just simply gave them a 2 weeks notice and haven't been back since.
Very fast paced environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAApril 20, 2017
Waiters can be rude and so can hosts. Kitchen staff is wonderful and management is pretty awesome too. Must be able to keep up with constant changing environment.
Pros
able to pick up and drop shifts very easily
Cons
aweful pay
again it was a great place to work i would work there again
Dishwasher/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2017
it was a great place to work it was a good experience and I would recommend someone to work there I learned a lot from this company I really appreciated the opportunity thank you
food
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 13, 2017
management was a lot of work. Shifts could be in the morning or at night which made it hard to have a social life. The company treated the employees good.
Pros
good food
Cons
long work hours
Kitchen Manager
KITCHEN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2017
All of the daily activities pertaining to the opening and closing of a restaurant and kitchen. Whatever fires needed to be put out of the day. Hearing about your minor mistakes from at least three different people.
Pros
Able to assemble own team
Cons
Geriatric Dinosaurs As Upper Management
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 1, 2017
Great place to work. Very fun and fast environment. Many of the costumers are locals and will ask for you if you become their favorite server. Tips are great.
Fast Paced
Spaghetti Chef (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of night shifts till about 11 pm. Cooking batch spaghetti and kind of just doing my own thing. I learned a lot about communication and working with others in a team when it was absolutely crucial during rush hours. Management was alright, only problem I had with management was availability, seemed like they were never there. I the hardest part of the job was physical labor, standing for hours on end didn't seem to balance how much I was making and effort I was putting in. A lot coworkers also accused me of doing nothing when I finished everything early. Other than that the most enjoyable part was getting to listen to my own music and be in my own world getting things done.
Pros
Discounted lunches, Music
Cons
Low pay, lousy coworkers, absent management.
Excellent team work
Server (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 28, 2017
After being employed with The Old Spaghetti Factory I met many life long friends and had some of the best managers I have ever met. They truly care about their staff and their performance.
It was a good job
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 20, 2017
I worked here and working there was not hard. It was an easy job and a slow/fast pace environment. I just need 150 characters before I can submit this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Our community is ready to answer.