The Oregon Clinic Employee Reviews

not a good place to work
histo technician (Former Employee) –  gastro southMarch 18, 2017
management practice favoritism. Discriminate towards people of color/ age/disability. Do not value hard work. Stressful environment. Not a good choice.
Pros
parking
Cons
clicky
Terrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2017
I worked there for one year and thought it would be great and a good step in the medical field. I was wrong very wrong. The management was terrible, HR was terrible they are all buddies and go on vacations together and you can't ever talk to someone else that's in management cause they are all friends and don't care what you have to say. They will tell you one thing and then do something different. It is very cliquey there, just like back in high school. And don't be pregnant and work there, they will do anything to fire you or make your life way harder then it is. I would never recommend working for them unless you are a doctor because anything under a doctor is like a slave to them.
Pros
Beneifts
Difficult to know what is expected
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2016
Very bad feedback on progress. No formal reviews after 90 days or 120. They use "work at will" to their advantage. Supervisor of your department can get rid of you after 1 written warning.

Had to wait 6 weeks before vacation time was approved
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
work/life balance
I would give it less than one star if that were available.
Medical Assistant/Scheduler/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 29, 2016
Terribly managed office. When I had a complaint and took it to the management there were repercussions. I also heard doctors making fun of patients. I would never recommend this place to anyone!

Coworkers were unhappy as well. They were looking for other jobs at the time I left. There was no training and people were singled out and picked on.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting used to being a medical assistant and getting to know the patients. I am a new medical assistant and will happily find another office where the drama is less and opportunities to ask questions and learn new skills exist.
Pros
Great benefits, nice coworkers, beautiful campus
Cons
doctor attitudes, no training, very poor management.
Run dont walk to the nearest exit.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 29, 2016
Very poor management in my office. I was expected to train myself from the start. The coworkers were very nice. They were the ONLY reason I stayed as long as I did. I was made to feel inept for asking questions, and management even suggested I find a new career that would better suit me "at my age" if I could not learn faster. I enjoyed the patients and found the job interesting, although I would never recommend that place to anyone ever.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
Poor management, clicky, gang up on people mentality.
Great Place to work
Radiology Registrar (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2015
The Oregon Clinic was a good place to work, they offered flexibility for employees to attend school to further your education, continued educational classes, cross training in a few different areas.
Pros
potlucks, christams bonuses
Cons
limited room to grow in the department which i worked in
Excellent Neurology Care
Physician-Patient Liaison (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 19, 2015
All the providers strive to take excellent care of their patients. They all have sub-specialties which provides even more advanced care.
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  1111 NE 99th Ave Portland, OR 97211May 5, 2015
Worked as scheduler for 10years. Very nice place to work, management is very attentive to employees and aware of what is needed to keep employees trained and updated. Doctors are all great and fun to work for.
Pros
employees great, friendly, supportive
Cons
stressful job/work, fast paced work can be non stop some days
management
Medical assistant/endoscopy assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OrApril 13, 2015
I didn't like all the drama. Everyone came to work with home problems that affected the way the clinic operated. I was not appreciated enough.
benefits
Cons
management
busy, positive environment
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oregon, OhioOctober 31, 2014
I would generally do standard xrays, I also helped with phone and some scheduling. I learned various duties and learned a lot of medical terms.I worked well with my coworkers and management.I enjoyed the patients, we had some chaotic days but everyone helped.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lack of xrays for me to do
Nice location, easy parking
Medical Records Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 25, 2014
If you show up, do your job properly and keep to yourself, its a decent place to work.
Friendly Gastroenterology group
Insurance Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 1, 2014
Working in the bookkeeping department for this group enabled me to learn about insurance and claim payment and reimbursement. This gave me great experience that assisted me in my employment with Providence Health Plans. My co-workers were wonderful and I truly enjoyed my work at this employer. I unfortunately had to leave due to the company's merger with another.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Poor employee benefits
I wish to have a career at the Oregon Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJune 5, 2014
I would really like for the Oregon Clinic, It sounds like a great place to work. Except I have not had an opportunity to prove my Medical Assistant potential. Does anyone know how I can increase my chances of getting hired?
externship
MA extern (Former Employee) –  NE locationFebruary 23, 2014
I am unable to comment on compensation/benefits and job security/advancement as I just did an externship there. Everyone was wonderful and I learned so much in my four weeks there. They are well organized and everybody helps each other. Unfortunately they didn't have any opening in the department I was at but going to try to get into the OC.. seems like a great organization.I enjoyed going to work each day.
Pros
wonderful co-workers/Dr.s
Cons
long commute
Nice place to work
Medical Assistant/ Physician Patient Liaison (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 3, 2013
Most enjoyable part of my job at The Oregon Clinic, Neurosurgery Division is seeing patients leave feeling better, and happier than when they first started care. I have learned a lot of life lessons at this job, such as not to take life for grant it, too live everyday as if it is your last, to enjoy your work, and to enjoy the people you work with. The hardest part of my job is when patients pass away.
Pros
Free lunches, Nice co-workers, Etc.
Awesome work place
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 26, 2013
I loved working for The Oregon Clinic, and was sad to leave to return to California. The Doctors were wonderful always hosting a christmas party at their homes.
excellent communication
Lead night shift RPSGT (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 30, 2013
The sleep lab is on a completely different scheduled as the clinics hours. The work/sleep hours of the lab exempt myself and co-workers to most of the generous perks and programs of this company on scheduled alone. However Doctors went out of there way to provide our "crew" with activities that fell within our free hours and work scheduled.

i wish i could have taken my while clinic with me when i moved to WA!
Pros
monthly birthday cake for all those employee celebrating it, yoga, healthy cooking classes, craft fairs.
Cons
n/a
Productive, great benefits.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 24, 2013
Portland's largest gastroenterology clinic with excellent physicians. Management is fair with good communication.
Busy Office, Loved the enviroment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Oregon,OhioAugust 21, 2013
Typical work day was between 40-60 patients very busy
I learned alot there being it was my externship, I loved the hands on experience I also loved doing the wound care.
The people that worked there were very friendly and willing to help me learn everything that i could
The hardest part of the job for me was leaving i hated to leave all the patients.
The most enjoyable part for me was just learning everything I did, and also working in a busy office also made it alot more fun/challaging
Good Place to Work
Medical Assistant - Westside Surgical Specialists (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 10, 2013
A typical day would consist of rooming patients and obtaining vital signs, data entry into EMR as well as answering phones and scheduling patients.

The best part about this clinic is the minor office procedures that we do.

It's a great clinic to learn new things on a daily basis, and developing a relationship with all our return patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Oregon Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9