The Osborne Association Employee Reviews

productive and helpful
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 18, 2017
kind staff. clean environment. great support system. hardest part is only being able to keep work in agency work hours time frame. Culture goes along with mission statement.
As a volunteer you can learn alot!
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Otisville, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Worked with the Osborne Association as a volunteer Administrative Assistant. I was able to appreciate their commitment to assisting the families of men and women who are returning to society after incarceration,
Great place to learn
Program Coordinator /Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2017
The Osborne association offers opportunity for growth, including obtaining training in various subjects. Staff is great and management is supportive in staff improving themselves.
Pros
Work is great
Great People!
Recruiting Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 18, 2017
As a temporary employee, I have had a great experience working at The Osborne Association so far. The pay is very fair for my role and I am able to have a flexible schedule. I would have to say that my coworkers are my favorite part of working at Osborne!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
good company good people
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 12, 2017
part time work for full time pay, doesnt get too much better then that.
they have work sites all over the city, there is room for growth, you start as a transitional employee and work your way towards permanant.
Pros
part time work full time pay, you can work another job if you are up to it
Cons
no benefits
Internship at Rikers Island
Office and Creative Writing Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 12, 2017
Learned people skills, new life experience, new outlook in life. Great people, secured and respectful environment. Management was great, my supervisor was caring and understanding and had great knowledge of her work, very good leadership skills.
Good learning enviornment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2017
Good place to learn and continue forward with a career. Great benefits and vacation package. Growth opportunities from within, supportive with education.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Disconnect between senior staff and direct service staff
Very positive atmosphere productive a chance to grow
Assistant Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
Was able to grow with the organization chose to leave always was given an opportunity for growth Osborne is a great organization with great people doing the right things for a worthy cause I am looking to go back to Osborne if given a chance great experience.
Pros
Always got to meet new people Great Neck working atmosphere
Ok
Next Steps Mentor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 1, 2017
A great opportunity when getting into non profit and if you desire to begin work in direct service. I enjoyed my time working there and left with valuable experience.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2017
It was a wonderful learning period where I was able to work with different people who taught me well. I was able to collaborate with my supervisor while teaching anger management classes.
Pros
Free Luches
it has a close knit family type work culture.
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2017
I started as an intern then was hired as staff. i have learnt a lot from peers and managers, the con of the job is that I have been part time for over a year.
Good mission, many downsides
Admin (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 28, 2016
Mission and service staff are great, but work culture has not embraced social justice and true diversity. Gender awareness is utterly lacking. Higher ups are all white or white culture. Work culture is segregated. Above all do not report to the dir of communications who is a patriarchal white male who does not care about racial or gender injustice - just working little for as much pay as possible.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Oppressive work culture
Great Organization
Career Coach/Workforce Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Osborne Association. The organization is dedicated to serve individuals with previous back ground.
Fulfilling
Dutchess County Re-Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 25, 2015
It was enjoyable to work with people coming home from incarceration that put forth an effort not to follow the same path. We assisted them by making their transition back to the community as smooth as possible. Also worked inside of different prisons connecting HIV+ people to medical care.
Good organization
HSE/ABE Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2015
I would recommend people to work for the organization. Organization provides staff development opportunities. Management is good and take staff concerns into consideration.
Knowledege, Clients and programs provided for people
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkJune 3, 2015
It is a very well association that provides a lot of programs for the people that need help with substantial abuse and HIV positive it is something that you do to give back to people to get another chance in life. These programs are all provided in Wellness and Prevention which is located in the first floor. They do intake for people and show them good services what Osborne has to offer. They offer housing unit for people that need help looking for an apartment They are also updated with people that are incarcerated and help them get good services that will help them get on their own two feet.They must attend group sessions when they are given to be able to get an apartment. They must bring identification, and medical records that provided with their medical history. You have to put in progress notes which are provided when they are doing intake about how they met the client and what information the staff has received. The most enjoyable part of the experience is that you get to meet a lot of people that have overcome a lot of hard challenges and you get to help them look forward in life. They have a lot of programs for them which is project hire, supportive housing, housing unit, safety counting, and medical assistance. Osborne Association is a good Association that can help people continue in life and have another opportunity to live again.
Pros
extend knowledge about people who have been in conflict with the law
Cons
amount of clients should be met and intake should be done at a certain time
Employment is by contract
Experienced Porter (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Osborne. I was placed at the DEP site in Manhattan. The hours were decent and there was opportunities to do overtime.
Pros
schedule
Very productive and fun environment workplace
Community Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working as a team on events with my colleagues, which always turned out successful.
My co-workers were always pleasant to work.
It is important to have good time management and communication skills.
I enjoyed working with my clients and helping them.
Pros
Free carfare, sometimes free lunch
Cons
long commutes
Nice work place.
Administrative/Externship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2014
Close quarters create a brother and sister type relationship causing family values to become part of the workforce. I learned while being there that many of the people seeking the help from the organization need nurturing.
Pros
The food parties are the best.
Cons
Staff needs more get togethers
great place
Maintenance Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2014
its a great place to work. just looking for a new start. work loud was good. management was very good with help and explaining what they want.