The Outsource Group Employee Reviews in United States

Committed to bringing a deep and evolving knowledge, a long track record of operational excellence and a full suite of capabilities to all of my clie
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 14, 2015
Strategically, operate and work as an adviser and knowledge source, more than 2,000 professionals who approach every assignment as operating partners and not vendors.

Solve are design strategies to meet the real needs of hospitals and health systems through the application of best practices and innovations proven within the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. With commitment summarized for the purpose statement and values, which represent who is represented and how to interact with one another and those that are served.
Pros
Act with integrity in everything I do
Cons
Long hours and work from home may be required
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I hate it ended, but i had a better career opportunity. i have a passion for customer service and computer skills. I was passionate about my duties with this company and i will work there again.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
no benefits
Manage several collectors taking collection payments. Monitor employees call model usage.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2015
I've learned what to do and not do within a business. Managing different individuals with different personalities has been a learning experience. I truly enjoy motivating people and helping them be successful within their career.
Big company, small position
Lead Patient Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARSeptember 19, 2015
I loved working at the local hospital as a contractor but I was a staff of one (the only in Arkansas) so I felt like I was more a part of the hospital team. I enjoyed working with the public there and assisting them with social programs designed to help them receive the health care they needed.
Pros
Family like atmosphere on location
Cons
Very little contact with The Outsource Group
a typical workday
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  earth cityAugust 27, 2015
• Working with insurance companies & patients to resolve outstanding balances.
• Experienced with submitting appeals, npi information & reconsiderations to insurance companies.
• Familiar with eobs’s medical terminology icd9, cms 1500, ub-04 claim forms
• E-primis, med assets, my cbo, multiple payer websites, cpt & hcpcs codes.
• Experienced with commercial payers.
• Investigating & requesting refunds from patients and insurance companies.
• Researching and resolving credit balances accounts.
• Review clients’ contracts and performing adjustments.
• Billing medical claims to insurance companies. Also making settlement agreements with patients and attorneys.
Pros
Great benefits, compensation and work schedule.
Cons
lack of communication, and job security.
Productive and successful billing outsourcing company
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 27, 2015
As a Client Liaison I traveled and worked closely with our clients Patient Accounting departments as well as my team of claim reps at my home office to assure prompt and efficient payments on thrid party liability claims (ie. workers comp, motor vehicle, self pay, bad debt). This position required extensive customer service skills. As a Client Liaison, I was the sole representative of company within the billing offices of each hospital I was assigned. I gained a strong knowledge of medical billing rules and regulations as well as coordination of benefits with multiple insurance carriers. Although I was not a hospital employee, I considered the hospital staff my co workers as I worked with them daily and was treated as part of the team. Along with my direct manager, I was responsible for attending meetings with the Patient Account billing managers and directors to review account status and reconciliation reports. It was a pleasure working for and with the Client Liaison Manager at The Outsource Group. It was important to have a strong, comfortable relationship with the manager as she was my primary contact for reporting any questions, concerns and/or feedback from the client operations management staff to the operations management staff at the home office. This position required strong organizational skills as well as being able to communicate clearly and effectively. There were numerous daily and weekly tasks that needed to be completed including several reports generated from the home office. A majority of the reports would include accounts that required various edits in  more... order to process and submit to the insurance carriers so it was important to complete these reports in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment from the carriers. The most challenging aspect of the position was working with attorneys who represented patients regarding their motor vehicle or workers compensation injuries. The attorneys required information from the hospital in order to settle the litigation for their clients. The hospital also required information from the attorneys in order to properly bill the insurance carriers. I was responsible for providing the required documentation. I would also receive settlement offers from the attorneys on behalf of their clients to resolve the patients account balance(s) and would have to accept,deny or counteroffer in the best interest of the client. Though most attorneys were pleasant to work with, there were instances where the attorney was not always cooperative and prompt and would require follow up which at times seemed endless. Overall, I very much enjoyed this position. I have an outgoing, friendly personality and am also extremely organized. I am able to multi task with ease and welcome a challenge. I am always willing to learn and accept new tasks and work well under pressure.  less
Pros
Versatility, working with knowledgeable and friendly staff members
Cons
Limited physical communication with home office staff, relying mainly on email communication.
Could Be Better
Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 16, 2015
Never worked for a company where management was so cold and the office environment was so strict. Its almost like a military style office. Lets not forget the pay isn't the greatest for what you have to put up with! Would be an ok place to work if the office environment was a little more relaxed.
Pros
Leave a few minutes early on Fridays
Cons
Pay
It is a great company overall
Collector (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work is trying to talk to as many right party contacts and getting them to pay their bills, Management going over stats. The hardest part is coming so close but not quite hitting the goal. The most enjoyable part is the team encouragement given to each other from our team mates.But overall it is a great company with great benefits.
Pros
Health Benefits, Good Management, Location
Cons
Work Hours, Advancement
Collection job for hospital accounts, the employees were freindly
TEAM LEAD (MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Provided resolution of self-pay accounts and healthcare revenue recovery is early intervention using an effective blend of highly trained professionals and the most advanced technologies for healthcare billing and healthcare collections.
tog
Medical Insurance Follow up (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 17, 2015
Perform telephone interviews for Medicaid members in multiple states. Once getting the member on the line perform HIPPA statement and verify that member has contacted and scheduled an appointment with PCP. Complete health risk screening interview by asking medical history questions and informing them about the benefits they have through the Medicaid provider they have selected.
Not a good company to try and balance family, life and work
Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 3, 2015
The company does a lot of micro managing, the health and dental benefits are horrible, and the managers are not good at running a business.
Great Job
Patient Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson,MsMarch 7, 2015
I worked as a patient benefit advisor / call center representative. I had my own office and called patients and followed up with social security, disability, Medicaid, Medicare and many other governmental agencies. I also went through the facility and talked with patients about helping find them any medical assistance they were eligible for. I loved socializing and meeting new people on a daily basis. My manager was open for any new ideas that I may have had and answered any questions anyone had. The hardest part of the day was driving to and from work.
Pros
great money.
Cons
the drive.
Productive workplace
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Worked on a Hospital Contract for over three years doing the billing and follow up of all outpatient claims through Epremis.
My Review
Client Representative Insurance (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2015
The Outsource Group is a small and upbeat company with very friendly and likeable people. I like it there. My reason for leaving is the fact that there is absolutely NO room for growth. Very small company with about 60 people, nice atmosphere but very tight working quarters. If working as a Client Representative is all you dream to do then this company for you. I wish to move up into the Accounting Dept.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no room for job growth.
Cold, negative and racist enviroment
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Would not recommend this company. The job interfered with my schooling. Had to resign because at the time obtaining my masters was more important than a low paying part-time job.
Great staff; excellent working relationship with peers, staff and upper management.
Unit Manager, Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day involved following up on insurance claims and collecting on claims for hospitals that we were contracted with.
Our management was fantastic and I was happy to be a part of such an amazing group.
The hardest part of my job was the obstacles that we faced when trying to get our clients paid. On the other side of that, the most enjoyable part of my job is when a team member was able to find legitimate payments in claims that were sent to us by our hospitals when they determined they were not collectable. The sense of accomplishment that each team member felt when they accomplished that made all of the obstacles worth it.
Pros
getting paid and developing wonderful friendships.
Cons
sometimes the resources we needed were not available.
I enjoy talking to people.
Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MOJanuary 13, 2015
I would visit a lot of patients in the Emergency Room to determine eligibility for the Medicaid program.
Pros
meeting interesting people.
Cons
working the late shift.
Very cool and relax place to work until a new company took over
Insurance Client Representative-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 31, 2014
Not the best place to work now that Parallon has taken over. Upper management focus more on attendance then obtaining business and clients for the company.
Pros
management laid back and flexible
Cons
upper management teams micro-manages too much
Great place to work, great hours and management is very fair
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCNovember 9, 2014
This is a great place to work. Can't beat the hours which are M-F 8:30-5 with weekends and most holidays off. The management is very fair and flexible. The only drawback is the pay isn't great.
Pros
fair and flexible treatment, very nice schedule.
Cons
wages aren't very good.
Competitive atmosphere, money driven environment.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 29, 2014
It is a good place to work overall. They are pretty fair when it comes to learning and training, will work with people. Compensation is pretty good as well.
Pros
good commission
Cons
too competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Outsource Group. Our community is ready to answer.