The Outsource Group

The Outsource Group Employee Reviews

Could Be Better
Claims Rep (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTJune 16, 2015
Pros: Leave a few minutes early on Fridays
Cons: Pay
Never worked for a company where management was so cold and the office environment was so strict. Its almost like a military style office. Lets not forget the pay isn't the greatest for what you have to put up with! Would be an ok place to work if the office environment was a little more relaxed.
It is a great company overall
Collector (Current Employee), Earth City, MOJune 9, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits, Good Management, Location
Cons: Work Hours, Advancement
A typical day at work is trying to talk to as many right party contacts and getting them to pay their bills, Management going over stats. The hardest part is coming so close but not quite hitting the goal. The most enjoyable part is the team encouragement given to each other from our team mates.But overall it is a great company with great benefits.
COLLECTION JOB FOR HOSPITAL ACCOUNTS, THE EMPLOYEES WERE FREINDLY
TEAM LEAD (MANAGER) (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Provided resolution of self-pay accounts and healthcare revenue recovery is early intervention using an effective blend of highly trained professionals and the most advanced technologies for healthcare billing and healthcare collections.
tog
Medical Insurance Follow up (Current Employee), Earth City, MOMay 17, 2015
Perform telephone interviews for Medicaid members in multiple states. Once getting the member on the line perform HIPPA statement and verify that member has contacted and scheduled an appointment with PCP. Complete health risk screening interview by asking medical history questions and informing them about the benefits they have through the Medicaid provider they have selected.
Not a good company to try and balance family, life and work
Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMay 3, 2015
The company does a lot of micro managing, the health and dental benefits are horrible, and the managers are not good at running a business.
Great Job
Patient Benefit Advisor (Former Employee), Jackson,MsMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great money.
Cons: the drive.
I worked as a patient benefit advisor / call center representative. I had my own office and called patients and followed up with social security, disability, Medicaid, Medicare and many other governmental – more... agencies. I also went through the facility and talked with patients about helping find them any medical assistance they were eligible for. I loved socializing and meeting new people on a daily basis. My manager was open for any new ideas that I may have had and answered any questions anyone had. The hardest part of the day was driving to and from work. – less
Productive workplace
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Worked on a Hospital Contract for over three years doing the billing and follow up of all outpatient claims through Epremis.
My Review
Client Representative Insurance (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: no room for job growth.
The Outsource Group is a small and upbeat company with very friendly and likeable people. I like it there. My reason for leaving is the fact that there is absolutely NO room for growth. Very small company – more... with about 60 people, nice atmosphere but very tight working quarters. If working as a Client Representative is all you dream to do then this company for you. I wish to move up into the Accounting Dept. – less
Cold, negative and racist enviroment
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Would not recommend this company. The job interfered with my schooling. Had to resign because at the time obtaining my masters was more important than a low paying part-time job.
Great staff; excellent working relationship with peers, staff and upper management.
Unit Manager, Revenue Cycle (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: getting paid and developing wonderful friendships.
Cons: sometimes the resources we needed were not available.
A typical day involved following up on insurance claims and collecting on claims for hospitals that we were contracted with.
Our management was fantastic and I was happy to be a part of such an amazing – more... group.
The hardest part of my job was the obstacles that we faced when trying to get our clients paid. On the other side of that, the most enjoyable part of my job is when a team member was able to find legitimate payments in claims that were sent to us by our hospitals when they determined they were not collectable. The sense of accomplishment that each team member felt when they accomplished that made all of the obstacles worth it. – less
I enjoy talking to people.
Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis MOJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: meeting interesting people.
Cons: working the late shift.
I would visit a lot of patients in the Emergency Room to determine eligibility for the Medicaid program.
Very cool and relax place to work until a new company took over
Insurance Client Representative-Team Leader (Former Employee), Hoover, ALDecember 31, 2014
Pros: management laid back and flexible
Cons: upper management teams micro-manages too much
Not the best place to work now that Parallon has taken over. Upper management focus more on attendance then obtaining business and clients for the company.
Great place to work, great hours and management is very fair
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Charlotte NCNovember 9, 2014
Pros: fair and flexible treatment, very nice schedule.
Cons: wages aren't very good.
This is a great place to work. Can't beat the hours which are M-F 8:30-5 with weekends and most holidays off. The management is very fair and flexible. The only drawback is the pay isn't great.
Competitive atmosphere, money driven environment.
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, MOOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good commission
Cons: too competitive
It is a good place to work overall. They are pretty fair when it comes to learning and training, will work with people. Compensation is pretty good as well.
The Good and the Bad at TOG
Followup Clerk (Former Employee), Hoover, ALSeptember 12, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of getting daily reports from leads or supervisor and working the accounts until resolution has been reached. The manager I was up under was a great manager who showed – more... her professional skills in a professional manner but I can not say that about the entire management team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with managers who showed favoritism to employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I was apart of and the bonds we made as co-workers. – less
I would go back after merge has been completed
Patient Benefit Advisor (Former Employee), Casselberry FlSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace, able to listen to music, friendly co workers
Cons: unstable (management, procedures, training etc)
I enjoyed my job at TOG but unfortunately the company has been going through a merge or takeover by Parallon and there were many inconsistencies and there was no structure or stability.
Pay was decent and environment was ok.
productive
Client Representative-Insurance Follow-up (Current Employee), charlotte ncSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoy my days at work. Its fun, entertaining and the days go by fast
Management is terrible
Client Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2014
This company downsized but never share the reality with employees.
Management Sucks
Medical Claims/Collections (3rd party) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2014
The company overall is an excellent company to work for but the management team is horrible AND SEE NO VALUE IN ITS EMPLOYEES.
Demanding, numbers driven, fast pace
Senior Collection Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2014
Low moral within the department, management lacking knowledgeable assistance when needed. High turnover.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Outsource Group

The Outsource Group, a Parallon® company, is a leading revenue cycle management company serving hospitals and physician practices. – Read more

The Outsource Group Salaries