The Outsource Group Employee Reviews

Extremely stressful
Medical Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 11, 2017
Extremely stressful job with unrealistic quota goals. Does help in perfecting phone etiquette in a call center environment. Proper training is lacking in most departments.
nice place to work
Operations Support Representative - Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOApril 7, 2017
this company was a nice place to work. The co-workers for the most part were friendly and willing to be part of a team to get assignments completed. Management was fair.
Company with Great Values
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 7, 2017
This is a company that prides itself on Integrity and providing great customer service. Awesome company to work for. The culture and the people are great.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, Tuituin reimbursement
Cons
No room for advancement
pros and cons
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 2, 2017
• Managed inbound and outbound call per Customer Direct guidelines with high accuracy and timely results on a consistent basic
the hardest thing was if you don't close the deal on the first call you may never speak with that debtor again. most enjoyable is every call id different but aim is to resolved.
Pros
insurance knowlegde, collections experience, and more
workplace
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 30, 2016
I loved being able to assist the patients who had no insurance with another choice that they could use if they meet the requirements. I loved this job
multitasking
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Butler, MOAugust 1, 2016
my coworkers were older and they did not like change at all. we changed computer systems and they seemed to have issues with that. i love change in the office. i did receptionist work
Cons
atmosphere
great management
Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 25, 2016
Company was acquired so i am not sure if they still exist. Great group of people and was located in Walnut Creek, which is a beautiful city to work in.
Pros
Great management
Cons
No longer active
Committed to bringing a deep and evolving knowledge, a long track record of operational excellence and a full suite of capabilities to all of my clie
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 14, 2015
Strategically, operate and work as an adviser and knowledge source, more than 2,000 professionals who approach every assignment as operating partners and not vendors.

Solve are design strategies to meet the real needs of hospitals and health systems through the application of best practices and innovations proven within the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. With commitment summarized for the purpose statement and values, which represent who is represented and how to interact with one another and those that are served.
Pros
Act with integrity in everything I do
Cons
Long hours and work from home may be required
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 12, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I hate it ended, but i had a better career opportunity. i have a passion for customer service and computer skills. I was passionate about my duties with this company and i will work there again.
Pros
great work schedule
Cons
no benefits
Manage several collectors taking collection payments. Monitor employees call model usage.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2015
I've learned what to do and not do within a business. Managing different individuals with different personalities has been a learning experience. I truly enjoy motivating people and helping them be successful within their career.
Big company, small position
Lead Patient Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARSeptember 19, 2015
I loved working at the local hospital as a contractor but I was a staff of one (the only in Arkansas) so I felt like I was more a part of the hospital team. I enjoyed working with the public there and assisting them with social programs designed to help them receive the health care they needed.
Pros
Family like atmosphere on location
Cons
Very little contact with The Outsource Group
a typical workday
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  earth cityAugust 27, 2015
• Working with insurance companies & patients to resolve outstanding balances.
• Experienced with submitting appeals, npi information & reconsiderations to insurance companies.
• Familiar with eobs’s medical terminology icd9, cms 1500, ub-04 claim forms
• E-primis, med assets, my cbo, multiple payer websites, cpt & hcpcs codes.
• Experienced with commercial payers.
• Investigating & requesting refunds from patients and insurance companies.
• Researching and resolving credit balances accounts.
• Review clients’ contracts and performing adjustments.
• Billing medical claims to insurance companies. Also making settlement agreements with patients and attorneys.
Pros
Great benefits, compensation and work schedule.
Cons
lack of communication, and job security.
Productive and successful billing outsourcing company
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJune 27, 2015
As a Client Liaison I traveled and worked closely with our clients Patient Accounting departments as well as my team of claim reps at my home office to assure prompt and efficient payments on thrid party liability claims (ie. workers comp, motor vehicle, self pay, bad debt). This position required extensive customer service skills. As a Client Liaison, I was the sole representative of company within the billing offices of each hospital I was assigned. I gained a strong knowledge of medical billing rules and regulations as well as coordination of benefits with multiple insurance carriers. Although I was not a hospital employee, I considered the hospital staff my co workers as I worked with them daily and was treated as part of the team. Along with my direct manager, I was responsible for attending meetings with the Patient Account billing managers and directors to review account status and reconciliation reports. It was a pleasure working for and with the Client Liaison Manager at The Outsource Group. It was important to have a strong, comfortable relationship with the manager as she was my primary contact for reporting any questions, concerns and/or feedback from the client operations management staff to the operations management staff at the home office. This position required strong organizational skills as well as being able to communicate clearly and effectively. There were numerous daily and weekly tasks that needed to be completed including several reports generated from the home office. A majority of the reports would include accounts that required various edits in  more... order to process and submit to the insurance carriers so it was important to complete these reports in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment from the carriers. The most challenging aspect of the position was working with attorneys who represented patients regarding their motor vehicle or workers compensation injuries. The attorneys required information from the hospital in order to settle the litigation for their clients. The hospital also required information from the attorneys in order to properly bill the insurance carriers. I was responsible for providing the required documentation. I would also receive settlement offers from the attorneys on behalf of their clients to resolve the patients account balance(s) and would have to accept,deny or counteroffer in the best interest of the client. Though most attorneys were pleasant to work with, there were instances where the attorney was not always cooperative and prompt and would require follow up which at times seemed endless. Overall, I very much enjoyed this position. I have an outgoing, friendly personality and am also extremely organized. I am able to multi task with ease and welcome a challenge. I am always willing to learn and accept new tasks and work well under pressure.  less
Pros
Versatility, working with knowledgeable and friendly staff members
Cons
Limited physical communication with home office staff, relying mainly on email communication.
Could Be Better
Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 16, 2015
Never worked for a company where management was so cold and the office environment was so strict. Its almost like a military style office. Lets not forget the pay isn't the greatest for what you have to put up with! Would be an ok place to work if the office environment was a little more relaxed.
Pros
Leave a few minutes early on Fridays
Cons
Pay
It is a great company overall
Collector (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work is trying to talk to as many right party contacts and getting them to pay their bills, Management going over stats. The hardest part is coming so close but not quite hitting the goal. The most enjoyable part is the team encouragement given to each other from our team mates.But overall it is a great company with great benefits.
Pros
Health Benefits, Good Management, Location
Cons
Work Hours, Advancement
Collection job for hospital accounts, the employees were freindly
TEAM LEAD (MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Provided resolution of self-pay accounts and healthcare revenue recovery is early intervention using an effective blend of highly trained professionals and the most advanced technologies for healthcare billing and healthcare collections.
tog
Medical Insurance Follow up (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 17, 2015
Perform telephone interviews for Medicaid members in multiple states. Once getting the member on the line perform HIPPA statement and verify that member has contacted and scheduled an appointment with PCP. Complete health risk screening interview by asking medical history questions and informing them about the benefits they have through the Medicaid provider they have selected.
Not a good company to try and balance family, life and work
Insurance Follow-up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 3, 2015
The company does a lot of micro managing, the health and dental benefits are horrible, and the managers are not good at running a business.
Great Job
Patient Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson,MsMarch 7, 2015
I worked as a patient benefit advisor / call center representative. I had my own office and called patients and followed up with social security, disability, Medicaid, Medicare and many other governmental agencies. I also went through the facility and talked with patients about helping find them any medical assistance they were eligible for. I loved socializing and meeting new people on a daily basis. My manager was open for any new ideas that I may have had and answered any questions anyone had. The hardest part of the day was driving to and from work.
Pros
Great Money.
Cons
The Drive.
Productive workplace
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Worked on a Hospital Contract for over three years doing the billing and follow up of all outpatient claims through Epremis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Outsource Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4