The Palmer Group Employee Reviews

Unethical
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 17, 2017
My experience was great, until my first temp job ended. I was told by both Palmer Group and the company I worked at that there was not as much work as they had expected therefore, the job was over. Two months went by and I wasn't being offered anything. When I finally, in desperation, asked if there was something I could do to make myself more marketable I was told that because the previous company let me go due to my unsatisfactory speed, it would be hard to place me.
I was shocked and astounded! I had purposely checked in with my supervisor every week to get feedback. I was never told I was too slow. It was suggested that with time I would get faster, but no other comments were ever made.
I told the person at Palmer Group that I would have to take a day or two to process this as I am not used to being lied to by a temp agency, nor a company I am working for!
In light of the dishonesty, I chose to stop working with Palmer Group. I was deeply disappointed as they had come with such high recommendations from others.
I will not work with them in the future because, sadly, I do not trust them.
I sincerely hope that this was some sort of a one-off, fluke as I would shudder to think this is just another day in the world of business at Palmer Group. I wish everyone great success with them should you choose to work with them. I, unfortunately, will not be.
Pros
Great tips on getting the job (what to say, etc.), seemed to be very caring, provided lunch for us a couple of times.
Cons
Found it necessary to lie to me. Unethical at best. Felt like I'd been thrown under the bus. Then, for all intents and purposes, they basically dropped me. I was still listed on their roster, but no interviews or other offers ever came.
Fantastic Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 19, 2016
Love working here. The culture is second to none and the people are phenomenal. They really encourage growth and job development. The job is hard work but is very rewarding. Palmer Group is a great place to have fun while working as well.
Useless company
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 30, 2016
Found a position Palmer Group posted for a job in my area, needing my exact skill set, and the person at Palmer that I interviewed with acted clueless about it. Tried to redirect me to a certain large bank in the area instead. They also said they'd look for more information on the original position I was interested in and that they'd call me the next day but I never heard back. Went through the interview process, skill testing, and background check and again, never heard back. Apparently if you have a college degree and 15+ years of experience, they don't want you as an employee. Total waste of time.
Pros
Good practice for interviews
Cons
Everything else but practicing interviews
Great place to start your career.
Operations Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 30, 2015
Palmer was the agency that contracted me to Wells Fargo. Great people. Provided me with a quick placement and my contact at the company was pleasant to work with. Palmer is always my first call when I have a friend who needs a job placement.
Pros
Quick job placement
Employment Agency
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 8, 2015
They only provide temporary positions. But they were able to keep me employed part time/temporary until I needed to take time off the have both of my knees replaced.
People are numbers not valued employees
Contractor-Utilization Management Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 6, 2015
Had a very bad experience working for The Palmer Group. They don't care about their employees or their health. The recruiter I worked with lacked empathy or support for the people she managed.
Awful
None (Former Employee) –  Des Moines,IAFebruary 12, 2015
I came in for a bait and switch interview. I applied for a position, came in and they told me I wasn't qualified. Then they tried to force me into taking a temp position by scaring me saying I wouldn't find another job. Two days later I got a call from another company for the same position and am in the process of being hired. I understand sales but scaring people and lying is no way to go about it. Totally unprofessional and a waste of time. They did not bother to explain any of the steps or why I was filling out tax forms and background checks until I asked. They are totally untransparent with their business.
Consulting company in recreational development
Founder and President (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZSeptember 24, 2014
Assisting others to make their organization more productive
temp agency
HUD reimbursement (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 12, 2014
I overall had a good experience with Palmer. They were very quick to help find placement but unhelpful with advancement opportunities or additional education.
Pros
quick placement
Cons
impersonal contact
Great temp agency.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 17, 2014
The people you work with that help you find jobs are very nice and it seems like they really try to place you as soon as they can. However, the last two jobs I've had through there have ended abruptly. The first one was my mistake, while the second one decided to lay me off due to work slowing down. With absolutley no warning whatsoever. I know that's not The Palmer Group's fault but its now been over a month of me looking for work and struggling with bills. So there's just very little stability.
Pros
Decent pay, nice people.
Cons
Little to no stability.

Want to know more about The Palmer Group?

Ask a question
Very helpful management, found jobs quickly
Clerical Temporary (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 1, 2014
Temporary Assignment at Equifax:
Verification of Employment calls for people getting a loan or mortgage.
Management: Very helpful
Learned: Phone skills, Customer Service, Uploading odcuments
Co-workers were friendly and helpful
Hardest part of job: Keeping up production levels
Most Enjoyable: Speaking with people from all over the US.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Healthcare is secondary insurance.
Not impressed with placement at all.
Job Applicant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines Metro AreaJune 16, 2013
Forget this place if you're a college graduate. They have very few entry-level jobs for educated professionals and tend to gear everyone to a certain large bank in the area and other data entry sweatshops. Returning calls was poor which is pretty typical for any temp agency. I didn't get hired due to being overly educated, in my opinion. When I needed work I took that interview opportunity and was turned down. I asked for feedback and was given a call back saying how they're "pursuing other candidates at this time" because "it doesn't sound like you're excited about these jobs and want ones that are." All that just for asking for feedback? If I do say so myself, I did not have demeanor issues, only being a person looking for work and survival in a very rough economy.
Mixed.
Loan specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 23, 2013
They really try hard to place you as quickly as possible - with that said - make sure you accept a position that you truly believe you will be able to do/are interested in. They will tell you that if you find out the position isn't right for you that they will work with you to find something else but that isn't true. You are stuck where you get placed and due to contract issues and ethics (?) they won't work with you to find a different assignment.

They have a very hands off approach after you get hired. You will not hear from them unless you contact them directly.

They will also tell you anything you want to hear about your assignment. If they say people generally get hired on permanently at your assignment in 3-6 months - add one year to that (at least).
Pros
fast placement
Cons
dishonest information
Unprofessional Management
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IowaOctober 9, 2012
Working for the Palmer Group was not a pleasant experience. The management is very unprofessional. They may or may not respond to your inquiries. Also, they gave me someone else's confidential information by accident. While this was an accident, you wouldn't expect this from a human resource dept.
minimal management appearance
Wells Fargo, Operations Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2012
You will not be recognized. They will not know who you are. You will know more about you and the work you are doing than they do.
About my job
Loan Adjuster I (Current Employee) –  Des MoinesJune 3, 2012
I work on the OCC Consent Project at Wells Fargo. We work on cases for foreclosed homes. This includes routing loans and validating the case work to be sent to PFG. It is a good atmosphere as my co-workers make it easy to go to work. The hardest part of the job is the security and not being full time. I enjoy the people I work with the most.
Great support - excellent career advice
Project Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OhioMay 3, 2012
I worked for The Palmer Group as a contractor for over 2 years. During that time, I worked for three different companies. Down time between assignments was minimal. What impressed me the most was their ability to look at my work history and identify skillsets that would translate well to new career paths, expanding my experience and employment options.
Pros
great people in the office.
Very hardworking crew that find jobs for you.
Loan Researcher (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2012
Come in sit at the desk and get ready to take on the case load that's in the computer system. Learned a lot about how to research and analyze different types of loans. Writing brief synopsis' on a case by case basis. Hardest part of the job is looking and sitting down at a computer all day, the most enjoyable part would be the work atmosphere and getting to listen to our IPods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Palmer Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9