The Palmer Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to start your career.
Operations Analyst - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 30, 2015
Palmer was the agency that contracted me to Wells Fargo. Great people. Provided me with a quick placement and my contact at the company was pleasant to work with. Palmer is always my first call when I have a friend who needs a job placement.
Pros
Quick job placement
People are numbers not valued employees
Contractor-Utilization Management Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 6, 2015
Had a very bad experience working for The Palmer Group. They don't care about their employees or their health. The recruiter I worked with lacked empathy or support for the people she managed.
Awful
None (Former Employee) –  Des Moines,IAFebruary 12, 2015
I came in for a bait and switch interview. I applied for a position, came in and they told me I wasn't qualified. Then they tried to force me into taking a temp position by scaring me saying I wouldn't find another job. Two days later I got a call from another company for the same position and am in the process of being hired. I understand sales but scaring people and lying is no way to go about it. Totally unprofessional and a waste of time. They did not bother to explain any of the steps or why I was filling out tax forms and background checks until I asked. They are totally untransparent with their business.
Consulting company in recreational development
Founder and President (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZSeptember 24, 2014
Assisting others to make their organization more productive
Working for new clients
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 31, 2014
The best part of the job was working for the client as I was able to meet a lot of interested people that was with the company for 20 plus years. After I was on the assignment for 3 months, I was able to take on more responsibilities from several different people. The hardest part of leaving was it was a company that I honestly felt like it was a home and not just a paycheck when the assignment ended.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
job availability once contracts have ended.
temp agency
HUD reimbursement (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 12, 2014
I overall had a good experience with Palmer. They were very quick to help find placement but unhelpful with advancement opportunities or additional education.
Pros
quick placement
Cons
impersonal contact
Great temp agency.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 17, 2014
The people you work with that help you find jobs are very nice and it seems like they really try to place you as soon as they can. However, the last two jobs I've had through there have ended abruptly. The first one was my mistake, while the second one decided to lay me off due to work slowing down. With absolutley no warning whatsoever. I know that's not The Palmer Group's fault but its now been over a month of me looking for work and struggling with bills. So there's just very little stability.
Pros
decent pay, nice people.
Cons
little to no stability.
Very helpful management, found jobs quickly
Clerical Temporary (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 1, 2014
Temporary Assignment at Equifax:
Verification of Employment calls for people getting a loan or mortgage.
Management: Very helpful
Learned: Phone skills, Customer Service, Uploading odcuments
Co-workers were friendly and helpful
Hardest part of job: Keeping up production levels
Most Enjoyable: Speaking with people from all over the US.
Pros
great management
Cons
healthcare is secondary insurance.
Not impressed with placement at all.
Job Applicant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines Metro AreaJune 16, 2013
Forget this place if you're a college graduate. They have very few entry-level jobs for educated professionals and tend to gear everyone to a certain large bank in the area and other data entry sweatshops. Returning calls was poor which is pretty typical for any temp agency. I didn't get hired due to being overly educated, in my opinion. When I needed work I took that interview opportunity and was turned down. I asked for feedback and was given a call back saying how they're "pursuing other candidates at this time" because "it doesn't sound like you're excited about these jobs and want ones that are." All that just for asking for feedback? If I do say so myself, I did not have demeanor issues, only being a person looking for work and survival in a very rough economy.
Mixed.
Loan specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 23, 2013
They really try hard to place you as quickly as possible - with that said - make sure you accept a position that you truly believe you will be able to do/are interested in. They will tell you that if you find out the position isn't right for you that they will work with you to find something else but that isn't true. You are stuck where you get placed and due to contract issues and ethics (?) they won't work with you to find a different assignment.

They have a very hands off approach after you get hired. You will not hear from them unless you contact them directly.

They will also tell you anything you want to hear about your assignment. If they say people generally get hired on permanently at your assignment in 3-6 months - add one year to that (at least).
Pros
fast placement
Cons
dishonest information
Unprofessional Management
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IowaOctober 9, 2012
Working for the Palmer Group was not a pleasant experience. The management is very unprofessional. They may or may not respond to your inquiries. Also, they gave me someone else's confidential information by accident. While this was an accident, you wouldn't expect this from a human resource dept.
minimal management appearance
Wells Fargo, Operations Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2012
You will not be recognized. They will not know who you are. You will know more about you and the work you are doing than they do.
About my job
Loan Adjuster I (Current Employee) –  Des MoinesJune 3, 2012
I work on the OCC Consent Project at Wells Fargo. We work on cases for foreclosed homes. This includes routing loans and validating the case work to be sent to PFG. It is a good atmosphere as my co-workers make it easy to go to work. The hardest part of the job is the security and not being full time. I enjoy the people I work with the most.
Great support - excellent career advice
Project Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OhioMay 3, 2012
I worked for The Palmer Group as a contractor for over 2 years. During that time, I worked for three different companies. Down time between assignments was minimal. What impressed me the most was their ability to look at my work history and identify skillsets that would translate well to new career paths, expanding my experience and employment options.
Pros
great people in the office.
Very hardworking crew that find jobs for you.
Loan Researcher (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2012
Come in sit at the desk and get ready to take on the case load that's in the computer system. Learned a lot about how to research and analyze different types of loans. Writing brief synopsis' on a case by case basis. Hardest part of the job is looking and sitting down at a computer all day, the most enjoyable part would be the work atmosphere and getting to listen to our IPods.