The Pantry Inc Employee Reviews

Great Teamwork and Job Advancement Opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great job advancement Opportunities
Cons: Security measures, Benefits need to improve
This was a great managing opportunity for me, and as an associate clerk as well. There are stores that are well managed where you feel you would never leave, they just need to provide benefits for their employees and better security measures. The hardest part of the job were the hours because you are on call, but the most enjoyable part was being able to put smiling faces on guests and employees!!
poor management... nice coworkers
dispatch vendor support (Former Employee), sanford NCJuly 20, 2015
You give this job your life on a platter then you are given false hope for advancement until you catch on then you realize all your extra effort was in vain.
Smile, Great, Assist Scan Mechandise, Return Change and Thank
CASHIER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Homewood AlabamaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free Hot and Fountain Drinks
Cons: Obama Care
Clock in, count till in the register to begin the shift. Smile and great customers as they come in. Request customer if there are anything you can help. Assist those that cannot trace what they need. Listen and resolve any issue the customer may have on the product and if in doubt consult the manager. Scan the merchandise, receive cash and give change. Thank the customer/s for his/her patronage.
Each employee has a given responsibility that must be met before clock out and only 30 to 40 minutes of interactions is possible. The hardest part of the job is to appease a rude violent customer. The most enjoyable time is when I solve a customers problem.
terrible
Sales associate (Former Employee), chesapeake virginiaJune 9, 2015
awful place to work at. All the managers are nasty to the staff and don't care about your safety you work 10-12 hours all by yourself in a gas station, just waiting to be robbed
Great benifits
District Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Company benefits and great co-workers
Cons: Sometimes working long days, but that is retail
Company car was a good incentive and they had good benefits. Co-Workers were a plus and someone you could count on for help.
Nice Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rome, GAApril 8, 2015
This company was enjoyable to work for. I started off as a regular cashier/employee and within 2 months I became assistant store manager. Six months later I became store manager and managed my own store.
Horrible company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SanfordApril 6, 2015
Pros: There are no "pros".
Cons: Little pay; No Advancement; No 40 hrs a week.
I worked as Asst Mngr and was told I would be on graveyard shift for a little while and then move to second shift. That never happened. No one wanted graveyard and I got stuck with it. The 2nd employee that worked with me was not interested in working. I ended up doing most of the restocking, cleaning, emptying of garbage, etc.

I looked for other employment whenever I could in order to be on a day shift. This company pays minimum wage and does not give you 40 hours a week. It's very difficult to pay bills when you don't earn enough money.

I would not recommend this company "Kangaroo Gas Station" to anyone.
Great surroundings made up of co-workers and customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wilson, NCApril 2, 2015
Interaction with my customers on a day to day basis is what makes work worth doing. The smiles that I can give them and that they give me truly make this job worth it!
Working at the Pantry
Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 1, 2015
This job was very demanding. At times, the labor budgets were so tight i was working 80 to 100 hours a week. I enjoyed the work, but felt that the company was not very concerned about it's employees, just the bottom line.
Productive work place.
Store Manager (Former Employee), various locationsMarch 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: sometimes long hours
I started as a sales associate. I worked my way up to being the assistant manager then onto the Store Manager. The co workers I had were hired by me and some were harder then others to work with. for the most part I enjoyed the people.
My Experience Was Rewarding
Maintenance Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), Sanford, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities within the compnay, free coffee, soda, cappuccino, etc flexible work schedule
Cons: lack of communication within the company between departments
Although I do not care too much for the benefits or how "secretive" The Pantry conducts some of their business which directly involves employees; my overall experience has been rewarding. I landed an average job with average pay upon employment. Hard work paid off and I was able to advance within the company as there are very many advancement opportunities for almost anyone who is willing to work hard. As with many companies, there are difficult bosses and difficult people but there are also great ones. The good outweighed the bad for my experience here.
A great company that provides advancement. Fun and always entertaining work environment.
Interim District Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 1, 2015
I worked for The Pantry for nearly five full years. I went all the way through the levels of management. I started as an Assistant Manager and was a District Manager before I decided to cut ties. I enjoyed learning while with the Pantry and appreciate the opportunities that I was given in the company. The management teams I had all had great insight and my peers were the same way. I have nothing but nice things to say about a company that gave me so many opportunities through the past five years. I will however say that the company was just recently bought out by Couche- Tard and I do not know where the Pantry will be in five years as a result. However the transition goes I wish everyone the best of luck.
Very Friendly and Team oriented work place that fosters learning
Helpdesk Specialist level 1 (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free coffee, great group eniroment
Cons: interoffice communications
In a typical day I would get to the office around 5am and work would then start promptly. Working with Heat ticketing system would answer phone calls or emails that would be sent in by customers. Would then analyze the issue, and resolve if possible. If resolution was not possible then escalate to either tier 2 or 3. I had a great team environment that encouraged learning, and team work to get through each day. The management fostered this mentality and helped when they were needed. I enjoyed the atmosphere and team feeling that was part of this job, it made learning easy and fun.
A living Soap opera
Associate (Former Employee), High Springs, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: a paycheck.
Cons: no breaks, no lunch, doesn't comply with gov regulated work practices, squeaky wheel gets the hours cut or fired.
A typical day consists of the MGR and AM showing up half a hour to a hour late, and blaming others. Avoiding their own job duties, and assigning them off to others. Each employee is responsible for the previous shifts work not completed. Which translates to being responsible for others who are not doing their jobs.
Reference Resume
Business Systems Analyst, Enterprise Applications (Current Employee), Cary, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free drinks all day, flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons: technology is very antiquated
Works closely with stakeholders and members of the IT department to perform business and systems analysis for projects and support inquires. Involved in system improvements and automation that are strategic in nature including: Construction and Store Planning, Facilities, Real Estate, Operations, HR, Accounting and Finance.
Great Company
Assistant Manager/ Store Manager (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCDecember 13, 2014
The three years that I worked for the Pantry were very nice. I really enjoyed working with every employee and coworker that I came in contact with. I still remain friends with a lot of them.
Unsafe, dangorous workplace with uncaring management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: loved my customers
Cons: little appreciation by management
I worked the 2nd shift 3-11 in a dangerous, high crime area. I was robbed repeatedly towards the end of my employment and the management would not schedule a second person for my shift to make it safer even though my sales were high enough for management to do so. I was a hard worker and was never able to receive a raise more than 10 cents. However I did enjoy the work and my regular customers.
Always on the go
General Manager/Certified Training District Mgr. (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great people and enviroment
Cons: not being able to advance in my career
I worked here for 13 years and all though many hate working with the public I loved it. A typical day at work was always providing speedy service and fresh coffee as I worked the A.M. shift. Once done helping out my fellow coworker, I would start on my paperwork and in between check on my crew and vendors. I would make a list of what needed to be done for the day and all of the crew, including myself would complete it. Every day there would be different tasks: cleaning, stocking, checking in vendors, banking, gas spills, training new hires, there was always something. We all worked as a team and communicated very well making things very easy on all of us. My coworkers were great! The key is to find what someone is great at doing but also finding their weakness and encouraging them to become stronger. The hardest part of the job for me was running out of challenges. I had been to 3 stores and had raised all of the sales in each one until I had the highest volume store. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing my customers and my crew. They were like family.
stressfull but rewarding
Store Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 29, 2014
Cons: long hours
provides good products and service to customers. Hard to find good help and when you do it can be an amazing place to work. I had some of the best employees
Hard to move up in the company
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJuly 13, 2014
Hard to grow within the company, misuse of management, unstable supervisor team, changes out at least yearly.