The Pantry Employee Reviews

When working with the right managers it was amazing!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 16, 2016
Loved the customers, had many regulars. Learned some basic assistant management skills. Depending on the manager it was great.Co-workers were king of negative, like some managers and you cant be like that in a customer based career. Nothing was hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, and the ability to provide excellent customer service to see them smile.
Pros
Great customers!
Cons
Not all great managers, Mostly though there were amazing managers, Also the opportunity to move up was difficult
Some good, but mostly bad.
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 21, 2016
When I first worked for this company, it was enjoyable. I had my first promotion to assistant manager after only about 5 months of working for them. My mistake was becoming a full-time manager. I was working 10-18 hour days, and I was working 30-60 days straight with no breaks. There was very little praise for a job well done.
verry mentally draining
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 13, 2016
some of management tells lies to get you in the job and cover their shifts but are not honest with you about your work hours. also when they hire new management they are always comfortable with fully giving the position over to the new person because they are comfortable with the current way things are with cause conflicts with managers and emplyees
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
working 3rd shifts
Productive/Self motivating
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 13, 2016
Hours goes by in minutes. Very fast paced, great job for someone who doesn't like to sit still. Advancing is on your own professional work ethics. Work/Life balance was extremely difficult, as you put in a min. of 50 hours a week and typically ends up to be 60-70.
Fast paced
Fl Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Job security was very good. It was also a fun place to work if you like meeting new people everyday. and the staff was pleasant to work for and with..
They will hire just about anyone
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
People who work here only look out for themself. They do not care to help anyone. From corporate to management. Employees only care about heir paycheck and making sure they put the blame on someone else for their wrong doing.
Fun place to work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 29, 2016
Enjoyed the up beat of restaurant and they encourage people to move up in the company. People are great to work with and management was very helpful.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 30, 2016
this is the worst place to ever work for. The manager leaves brand new hires to tend to entire store by them self after only an hour of training on the register and the drop machine. When they are call for assistance they don't answer or just turn off the phone.
Cons
No management
Poor management, fun customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2016
Mismanaged but customers are enthusiastic and friendly. Flexible hours and simple work, but not much room for advancement or promotion. Safe and clean work environment.
Fun and reliable Company that is Family oriented.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 22, 2016
I would like to find a company that promotes within, will value the opinion of their employees along with respect their employees for the work they put in. I am also looking for a company that understands that their are times that things happen with families.
Pros
Promotes within, benefits
Cons
disrespectful
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 24, 2016
Great company to work for. Benefits are great. Time off is great. Boss is great. Culture is great. No complaints from me none at all. Work hard and see what happens.. Place is solid
Productive, very entergetic
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 25, 2016
As management, proceed morning with management requirements as to paperwork, store walk through, assign what needs to be done for the store as in cleaning and what needs to be fixed, attend to vendors as well as sales men. Drop money off at the banks, doing so, as to all of the locations I have recently worked at. I have managed the same requirements and skills with the past jobs.
Pros
Meeting new customers
Cons
N/A
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
ring out the customers, as efficiently and quickly as possible. Meeting new people will always be a challenge and getting to know them even more. But what a joy! At the time of transferring to my last location, the store was having major problems with management and I was asked to come and help out. I have always felt that the team of co-workers was the best. We helped each other out in times of need. Tho it was not a true daily chore, leaving the people was the hardest part of the job. meeting and knowing the people of Yalaha Fl was the best, serving them with the best that I could possibly do for them.
Pros
the customers
Cons
leaving, store being sold
Dishonest company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 27, 2016
This company is dishonest. Does not pay you what they say they will. Will no pay overtime if you work it. People walk out in the middle of shifts. Husband of owner tries to be the boss. Horrible work place environment
Pros
Cons
Too many to list. Don't work here.
same
Cashier or Checker Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 11, 2016
Pretty much the same as any other convenience store. Minimal pay for minimal work. Great job to have when you are going to school
Daily Work At Amazon
Associate (Former Employee) –  PantryNovember 9, 2016
Clock in and head to stand up. Stand up is when all of the outbound associates get together to stretch and talk about the goal numbers for the day, We go to our stations and work.
It was fun.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2017
I learned a lot about being a shiftleader, especially food safety, and I was able to obtain a food safety licence. The main important thing is closing out at night and making sure your employees make it home.
outstanding place to work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2017
The pantry was sold to circle k and I was let go with change , The pantry was a n outstanding place to work for 15 yearsnjoyed it every day , also moved for the company .
productive and fun at work.
Pantry Cook (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAOctober 1, 2016
I learned a lot in this company as a pantry cook, especially since it was my first time working as a chef cook and not washing dishes. The employees and the managers are very fun but also focus when it gets down to business.
Fun work environment!
Manager/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MN 56377September 15, 2016
I love my job at The Pantry! I love the freedom of being able to order the products I feel best suite the store!

I am looking for a Part time job for a little extra money and to learn to trades.
Pros
Work with really fun people!
Cons
No dental

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pantry. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9