The Pantry Employee Reviews in United States

productive fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJuly 12, 2016
A typical day was very fast, but I learned a lot of patience. I had the best manager in the world. My co-workers worked as a team. The hardest part was sometimes dealing with rude people. The most enjoyable part was making them smile.
Pros
Plenty to eat without leaving the job
Cons
No lunch break.
worked at night so very quite
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2016
I was the cashier and clean up guy!
Worked alone most shift
Was a little dangerous but I handle it
I met many people working the night shift
Pros
i met alot of interested people
Cons
Time went slow because it was a night shift
Fun work place
Pantry (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 9, 2016
Due to the restaurant being a concert hall as well the restaurant always was very upbeat and energetic which made it a fun and enjoyable environment.
Fun place to work and to show leadership skills.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Johnsonville, SCJune 6, 2016
I have enjoyed my time being employed by the Pantry. The leadership team is outstanding. The company allows room to move up the leadership ladder.
The bosses were hard to deal with at times.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 3, 2016
The company paid very, very well , but they excepted so much , that is was almost impossible to get everything done in a day. The only way to complete everything was to be there at 15 hours a day, which I was most of my tenure there.
Pros
not too many pros
Cons
if we were working alone, we didnt get a break . this occurred almost everyday.
Productive, very entergetic
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 25, 2016
As management, proceed morning with management requirements as to paperwork, store walk through, assign what needs to be done for the store as in cleaning and what needs to be fixed, attend to vendors as well as sales men. Drop money off at the banks, doing so, as to all of the locations I have recently worked at. I have managed the same requirements and skills with the past jobs.
Pros
Meeting new customers
Cons
N/A
Fun and reliable Company that is Family oriented.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 22, 2016
I would like to find a company that promotes within, will value the opinion of their employees along with respect their employees for the work they put in. I am also looking for a company that understands that their are times that things happen with families.
Pros
Promotes within, benefits
Cons
disrespectful
Good work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Micanopy, FLMay 19, 2016
Responsibilities include receiving payments by cash and credit cards, counting money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct. Further responsibilities include maintaining a clean and orderly checkout area and completing other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
Customers, Employee's
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 17, 2016
I liked doing what I was did at the Pantry. The customers were great as well as employee's. I liked preparing food for customers. I knew they would leave happy and always come back.
Pros
Cooking
Cons
Sometimes employee's didn't have no communication
When working with the right managers it was amazing!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLMay 16, 2016
Loved the customers, had many regulars. Learned some basic assistant management skills. Depending on the manager it was great.Co-workers were king of negative, like some managers and you cant be like that in a customer based career. Nothing was hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, and the ability to provide excellent customer service to see them smile.
Pros
Great customers!
Cons
Not all great managers, Mostly though there were amazing managers, Also the opportunity to move up was difficult
overall enjoyable place to work
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCApril 27, 2016
Fast paced daily work. Learned more details of payroll. Our team was great and manager was always there for you. I mostly enjoyed the training to process the payroll for the team. The hardest part was getting all the time cards in from the stores on time.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
ring out the customers, as efficiently and quickly as possible. Meeting new people will always be a challenge and getting to know them even more. But what a joy! At the time of transferring to my last location, the store was having major problems with management and I was asked to come and help out. I have always felt that the team of co-workers was the best. We helped each other out in times of need. Tho it was not a true daily chore, leaving the people was the hardest part of the job. meeting and knowing the people of Yalaha Fl was the best, serving them with the best that I could possibly do for them.
Pros
the customers
Cons
leaving, store being sold
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yalaha, FLMarch 24, 2016
I enjoyed this job tremendously, the location that I worked in was a small town that would usually have the same customers on a daily basis. Getting to know each one and what they wanted was great, feeling as we were all family. The company was doing its best as at that time the economy was struggling.
Pros
the customers
Cons
leaving, store being sold
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
a typical day in the pantry service is just bagging lunches all day , packing bags of groceries for those who are in need and dont have.
i learned to appreciate what i do have and not to complain about the little things because their are people who dont have anything and nothing made me more proud than knowing that i can help those who are struggling to feed themselves or their children. My co workers were always on the same page as me . wealways made sure to be supportive to each other and keep the motivation in the air.
the hardest part was knowing that people were going through such situations and not being able to help as much as u would want. the most enjoyable part was seeing the smile on their faces when they know that they can cook for their family.
Pros
free lunch
Fantastic place to work
Property Management Coordinator/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2016
I loved this job - unfortunately, they moved our office to NC and I didn't want to move.
Management was fantastic, highly intelligent and motivational.
The hardest part about this job was sometimes I had to be stern with the tenants about late payments and back rent.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Moved office to NC
contractor job
Help Desk Specialist (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 29, 2016
Contractor or employer misrepresented the job. It was presented as IT but spend a lot of time doing paper work. Company does 0 investing in its employees.
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 24, 2016
Great company to work for. Benefits are great. Time off is great. Boss is great. Culture is great. No complaints from me none at all. Work hard and see what happens.. Place is solid
Positive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Changing gas prices, maintaining cash register, stocking shelves. I learned to check inventory. Management was supportive and hands on. Co-workers for the most part were eager to work and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job dealing with irate customers. Most enjoyable part stocking the cooler.
Biased workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 6, 2016
The management staff were never on the same page. They often overworked employees with little to no appreciation. Some employees were treated with more respect than others. Also, racial slurs were never adequately disciplined.
fun
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  South Amboy, NJJanuary 18, 2016
good place to work, management did need more work as communication was bad. Needs work in points of getting work communicated down to have it complete. Overall loved the place

2.9