The Pantry

The Pantry Employer Reviews

Busy,busy,busy
Assistant Manager/Sales (Current Employee), Robinsonville, MSFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: cleaning bathrooms
A typical day at work mostly consists of greeting and checking out customers, in between,side work such as, cleaning bathrooms, stocking coolers,sweeping and mopping.
Alright place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dalton, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no breaks
The worst part of the job was people not doing their job and the manager would not do anything about it. I worked by myself most of the time and did not like having to close by myself at 1 oclock in the morning. The one thing I liked was my customers.
fun workplace
bus boy (Former Employee), Centralia, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
busing tables,washingdishes i got along real well with my boss and my co-workers i enjoyed being around people
Caring and Nuturing Enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville GaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: mon-fri, first shift
Cons: no pay increase no room for growth within the company
Planned weekly circle time activities and assisted lead teacher with daily activities
VERY BUSY ATMOSPHERE
Customer Service / Shift-Leader (Former Employee), Winnsboro, SCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: consistent pay, meeting new people
Cons: some unpleasant situations at times
I STARTED AS A CASHIER. I ASSISTED CUSTOMERS WITH WHATEVER THE NEED WAS. I RAN THE CASH REGISTER, CLEANED, STOCKED, AND DID A LITTLE SUGGESTIVE SELLING. EVENTUALLY I BECAME A SHIFT LEADER. THIS CONSISTED OF ME OVER SEEING OTHER WORKERS, EXCHANGING MONIES, MAKING DEPOSITS, AND PAPERWORK.
Great Benefits and Advancement
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Chickamauga, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Hard work but good company with great benefits. Nice to work for. Open door policy is very good. Advancement opportunities are always available for people who are willing to do the work to make it there.
Productive and fun work environment
Sandwich Artist / Cashier (Current Employee), Florence, SCDecember 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes interacting with a variety of customers, providing them with fast and friendly service. The typical shift also includes insuring that the work are is clean and safe for employees as well as customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a customer leave satisfied after each visit.
Stepping Stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2014
I aquired some of my foundation for my managment skills with The Pantry. I am grateful for that opportunity, but there was no other real benefit to working there.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 23, 2014
Pros: work sechudle, benifits
Cons: short hours sometimes.
service tech set their own sechudle, worked from home a lot, Management worked with tech . Customers were easy to work with
Hard work but rewarding
Store Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
lots of hard work. You have to hire the right employees to make your store profitable. Great pay and room for advancement
fun and fast paced workplace
Head Cashier / Trainer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 1, 2014
train new employees to be sure that they are doing their job correctly. I learned that if you focus hard enough anything is possible. management was good and got along and worked very well with my coworkers.hardest part of my job was trying to be sure that all work was done in a timely fashion due to the store being so busy at all times./
Nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 27, 2014
Fast pace environment to work in. Sense of urgency is very much so needed for this job. Co-workers and all worked as a team at all times to keep the business afloat.
customer service, cleaning and stocking
Kangaroo-cashier (Former Employee), Crandall, GAAugust 14, 2014
Love this job but it doesn't pay enough. Customer service, cleaning and stocking.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2014
IF YOU ENJOY WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC THEN IT IS A GREAT JOB. MANAGEMENT VARIES WITH EACH LOCATION.
good work place
Asst mgr (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: getting robbed no lunch
kinda dangerous but not very hard pay is louzy
i learned a lot and meet a lot of great ppl
the good bad and ulgy
good meet and greet lot of ppl
bad routy customers taking their bad day out on you
the ULGY cleaning public bath rooms
Great place for job advancement
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: problems with pay
I think it is a good company but I have been having problems with my pay.
Fun place to work and met many good people
Store Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: job freedom to have fun doing our jobs
Cons: no breaks for a real lunch, had to eat on the job between customers. could not leave the job for eight hours or more.
Each day at work was about the same. I was not over joyed at the location of the store, but we seem to get along good with the companies around us and maintained a very good relationshop with the customers. I feel like our business would have been better if the company would have kept the store more modern and attractive. The parking lot needed repaving and the store itself was very run down. Many people I talked with said they would not come to the store because they felt it was unsafe. My co workers were the best. It was three of us and we all covered each other. We learned to be friends as well as co workers. The hardest part of the job was catching someone stealing and having to banned them from the store or call police and charging them with theif. The best part of the job was the customers. We all become to know many of our regular customers and could enjoy a visit from them as well as serving them.
Fun work place
Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee), Sanford, NCJuly 2, 2014
Laid back environment- Get to work with different brand of gas stations
Not a good company to work for if you have a family.
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee), Spring Lake, NCJune 29, 2014
Pros: health benefits are very good.
Cons: long hours, no time for family
If I did not have a family, this would be a great job for me. The hours are very long.
Interesting, sometimes difficult place to work.
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager in training (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJune 29, 2014
The team in the store was great. The store manager worked with us and with our schedules.
Corporate is what screwed us. The area we worked in wasn't the safest, and yet corporate still demanded that we work alone to close the store, all while completing the tasks set forth. It could be done, but was more difficult than it needed to be. All to save a little more money.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Pantry

The Pantry, Inc. (Pantry) is an independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States. As of September – Read more

The Pantry Photos