The Paper Store Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere
Hallmark Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAMay 11, 2017
A typical day would be coming in and seeing what is going on and is new and then getting into your department and focusing on it and getting any task done that need to be done. Management is great they are very insightful and are always willing to help and teach things. The company likes to do trainings and seminars to have everyone in the company on the same page. Everyone is super friendly and gets along its like being part of one big family. The hardest part of my job would be not always having enough staff on during certain times. Most enjoyable is dealing with the customers that come in and make a connection with you and also the ones that come in so often you know them on a first name basis.
Very low hourly wage
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAApril 7, 2017
Not much appreciation given for hard work. Products are very good quality and customers like to shop there. Store is located in a decent outdoor mall. Break area is terrible.
Fun, fun, fun!
Management Staff, Level 40 (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 22, 2017
I worked for the Paper Store when I was in high school and a little into college and it is the best job I have had so far. Great employees, such a great environment. So many nic-nacs, it's a blast!
Steller
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAMarch 1, 2017
The Paper Store is such a rewarding place to work at. The guests are always so thankful and they leave you with a smile. The only bad side is taking inventory and the craziness that goes on during Christmas time.
Paper store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAFebruary 26, 2017
It was a quick on your feet kinda job. You worked the floor and if they called you to the register you were there forever. If I worked the floor I loved talking to customers and helping them in the clothing department to get a nice outfit for an event.
This is a great place to work with a high level of customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAFebruary 11, 2017
The Paper Store is a great place to work and gives each associate the opportunity to grow their customer service skills. The shifts are flexible and easily incorporated into even the busiest schedule.
very productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTFebruary 3, 2017
a typical day working at the paper store is a busy one there is a constant flow of customers who all have different needs and wants there is always projects that need to be completed and daily store shipment that needs to be done.
Great work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 28, 2017
I enjoy working at the store, for it is a great work environment. On a typical work day, I come in fifteen minutes before my scheduled shift so I can get settled. I then check the schedule and for the work projects that need to be done for that day.
Pros
Discounts, Good work environment, nice managerial system
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Epping, NHJanuary 25, 2017
Fun place to work with fun folks to work with. Learned a lot about gift items and managing a smaller store with less folks to be responsible for. The room for advancement was limited so I decided to go back to a larger department store.
Fun place to work putting using my sales talents.
Sales Associate - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 23, 2017
I have worked part time at The Paper Store for about 7 years. It gives helps give me the freedom to take care of my 88 year old mother. I can work 24 hours per week.
Pros
Enjoy assisting customers to help them exceed their needs.
Cons
Not steady hours. Have to submit availability 1 month in advance.
Fun place to work with many humourous managers!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 13, 2017
I loved every second of working for The Paper Store! My managers were fantastic, my co-workers were so friendly and enjoyed every second of it. The most difficult part of being a Sales Associate however was trying to figure out the stores coupon policy.
Pros
Weekend Potlucks!
Fun workplace really love the coworkers
Key Holder/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAJanuary 2, 2017
They expect a lot for the pay but they really love the employees which is unusual for CEO's. There is such a strong bond between the corporate office and the stores.
Best management, training and working environment I've ever experienced.
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTDecember 26, 2016
I'm highly impressed with the training received and the atmosphere and management of TPS. Dealing with customers is a pleasure and getting complemented on your hard work is truly appreciated. We are all one big family and help each other daily.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Only part time positions available
Good first job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MADecember 3, 2016
As a first job, I appreciated the experience. It is basic to work there: learn the register and fix clothes. The coworkers were very friendly and caring.
Great place to start at, but no full time
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 14, 2016
Very neat and clean. Very pricey. Employees are very caring and friendly. A lot of standing and walking around doing nothing but making sure everything is neat and looks good. Gets very boring just standing around and greeting customers. Not a lot of hours are given out. They hire a lot of people, but some are lucky to get more that 8 hours per week. Can't be full time. It's a great starter job for high schoolers who are looking for work. They try and make sure you push as much product as you can, even though its a small store. Customers get upset quickly, if you don't have what they were looking for. On weekends, they make sure that there are a lot of employees around, but not enough tasks to do. The dress code is a little weird. You are allowed to wear demi jeans, but can not wear sneakers or supported shoes, but you think that if you are on your feet all day, sneakers or supported shoes would be the way to go.
Pros
Friendly staff and managers
Cons
Not really doing a whole lot, you're lucky to get a 4 hour shift a week, customers get very upset quickly.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 11, 2016
The employees were always their to help you and the customers were mostly friendly. The music was always on and you learned each and every day working here.
Great gift shop for local town
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTOctober 26, 2015
I worked either as a cashier or in the jewelry/ fashion department however I obtained knowledge about the entire store. If a customer had a question about anything I was about to answer it. I learned how interacted with a variety of people, this skill helped me become even more of a people-person and I enjoyed it! The work environment was also great, the store location was on a popular road next to great shops and restaurants. My Co-Workers were a delight to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help a satisfied customer find exactly what they need.
Incredible opportunities for advancement
Store Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Metro West, MassachusettsSeptember 30, 2015
I've worked for large corporations for years and The Paper Store is a world apart from those cultures. You are part of the family, when someone asks you a question it's because they want to hear your answer, not just to have you regurgitate their opinions back at them. When you need something fixed or changed it gets done. I've worked for the company for almost 2 years and I've already been promoted! The upper management is excellent and very easy to talk to. Everyone is a big part of the team. If you are ready to work hard, shape the future of a company and have a lot of fun, this is the company for you! The holidays are long hours and 6 day weeks for ALL salaried postions (including corporate) but again we are all in it together, not a store vs. corporate society. Be ready for hugs too... they're big on hugs ...like I said...you're family :)
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Health care could be more affordable
Don't Like
Jewelry Manager, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 24, 2015
I loved the people I worked with. Before they changed store managers, I loved my store manager. then they brought in a person who wasn't very nice and had no clue how to manager a staff. District manager was no better and treated employees with zero respect.
Pros
great co-workers, for the most part a fun place to work
Cons
upper management, no room for growth, low wages, no respect
Great Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  DCSeptember 21, 2015
The culture at The Paper Store is different than most, they allow you to grow and find the right balance between work and personal life.

Everyone is part of the "family" and as such the work environment is one in which you can grow to your potential.

Go into any store and you'll be greeted by people who really care and want to help you find the merchandise for that special occasion or person.

It is amazing to see the changes from offering just paper products to everything from gifts to sports and apparel.
Pros
Caring attitudes and leadership
Cons
Peak seasons mean long days!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Paper Store. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9