The Paradies Shops Employee Reviews

A place to call a potiential home
Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
This job was an great experience for cash handling and people skills. There was always something to do which was great if you enjoy busy work.
Good and bad
Manager (Former Employee), AtlantaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, growing company, family orientated
Cons: Growing to quickly, not enough support, not an understanding of business.
I was pro-Paradies for a long time- however-a lot of changes specifically in management realignment, changes in policies, micromanagement at its finest with no assistance from the support center. The company is growing very quickly- with no on-boarding process for managers, no support for growing stores, one regional director for six locations. I was very supportive of the company four years ago however as the company has grown it has become less about the associates and more about getting polices up and running without getting the fields feedback.
Fun but very professional work environment.
Sr Buyer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2015
A family oriented company that is growing by leaps and bounds. Fun but very professional work environment. Lots of traveling and hard work, but the compensation package is stellar.
fun with great team and co-workers
REPLENISHMENT (Former Employee), JFK international airport Queens, NYJuly 19, 2015
one of the best retail company in the airport, great team great management but needs better communication among management
It was a busy atmosphere and fun to work there
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the atmosphere, and people I worked with. I liked the products we sold.
Cons: At the time I was there, management changed and I no longer wanted to work there.
When I worked there, it was a very busy time. I enjoyed meeting all the people that came in who where traveling in and out of the Springs Airport. The people where great to work with.
Management was very poor.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 12, 2015
Management was very bias. No room for growth, pay didn't change at all. Co workers were nice and friendly. fast paced when airport was busy.
Great Co-Workers, Lot of Work, low pay.
Team Lead (Current Employee), NevadaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Vacation days during your first year.
Cons: Pay, Work load. Very small raises.
As a full time employee, and team lead with many responsibilities their pay is very low. Not a wage one can live on unless you have a spouse or roommate that are sharing the cost. Typical retail where they do not want to pay you.

Work-life balance was good at first then declined. Split days off and working very early morning shift then working the closing shift all in the same week. It was hard getting any sleep or rest. Company is always adding more duties when there is barley any time to get anything done. No one to cover your shift if you get sick. We worked off the clock about 10/15 minutes every morning so we could stay on schedule.

Bonus checks where a joke and their merit raises are too.

Paradies, you get what you pay for. Good pay will get you quality employees who will work hard for you and stay. Those that stick with it are supported by spouses or roommates. If you are single living on your own do not work for this company.

There should not be a 1500/1 income disparity within any company.
Productive and fun work environment
Stock Replenishment/Warehouse (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
Warehouse and Stock Replenishment associates are responsible for making sure that each store in the location is stocked with the proper amount of merchandise to maintain our visual merchandise standards.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: customer inter action
Cons: flexable schedule
A typical work day consist of plan-o-grams , stocking shelves , and suerggestive selling and handling the cash registar
All is well :) keep in your heart,
Team Leader (Current Employee), DallasMarch 1, 2015
Pros: for company employees gift shops 50% off.
Cons: breaks: 30 or 15 minutes
Always keeps Smile on your face at work, forget everything, start new day.
Good sales skills handling merchandise.
Management is so far so good.
Good co-workers as team work.
Hardest part when people do not get when thy needed.we do not have available in our stores.
Meet everyday new & different country customers, good experience,
Work load
Buyer-Licensed Apparel (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Great salary and family environment, but work load is unmanageable. Systems are outdated and all work is time-consuming and manual due to lack of better systems.
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 20, 2015
I do warehouse organizing, receiving, and office work, cash management counted cash drawers, book keeping making bank deposit, ordering merchandise, filing, inventory, merchandising, assigned employees to specific duties to best meet the needs if the store. I work with some great people and I enjoy helping the customers find what they need
A very good company to work for and room for advancement is available, but airport rules and regulations are very time & energy consuming
Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: merchandise discount including food and snacks
Cons: the airport shuttle and tsa checkpoints that waste a lot of time.
I start my day by going to my office and looking through my emails in case I have some important tasks from my DM or headquarters then printing any important documents and instructions then walk around and checking in on the 7 stores throughout the concourses by getting their sales goals and actual sales, going through returns and employee purchases if there are any discrepancies, placing orders to the warehouse in case of badly needed merchandise, also Making sure the store looks neat, clean and organized and giving tasks to employees and shift supervisors.
I learned how to divide my energy into so many different stores and still stay focused on the ultimate goal which is taking care of my customers and making their short encounter in any of my stores as pleasant as possible.
I work and deal with everybody with most respect and appreciation as well as keeping work flow smooth and productive.
* The hardest part and the most time consuming is getting in and leaving the airport which takes no less than 20-30 minutes each time because I have to take the shuttle from the employee parking lot to the terminal then having to go through security TSA and Vise Versa.
*The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to deal with people from all walks of life and from all over the world.
love this company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, ability to utilize my degree
Cons: 30 minute lunch
Paradies is a wonderful company to work for. The general manager noticed I had a degree in graphic design so she asked if i wanted to work on the location newsletter. I jumped at the opportunity to finally utilize my degree. Also, I work in eSavvy a store of just electronics. I was specifically hired for this store and I love it.
Fun place to work.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: no flexibility in scheduling.
Great people to work with. Very busy work. Because the work is mostly manual, work is very constant. There is never a sense of completion.
Overall I really loved my job but wanted to do more.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hebron, KYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits, flexible scheduling and a family feel environment
Cons: no seniority, very low raisies and some favoritism with certain senior team leads and management
I worked both days and nights and had often stayed past my shift at times when a co-worker was late or didn't show up. I opened and or closed each store everyday, changed out money in each register, maintained the safe for the money change out to the bank and registers. Performed audits, provided orders of merchandise to the warehouse department, completed daily tasks from management when given and ensured the customers were taken care of. The hardest part of my job was when we had call-offs and had to find replacements or I had to stay late to finish the shift which I gladly stayed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the cultural diversity of my co-workers and our customers.
typical retail
employee (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 15, 2014
Cons: low wage, no work life balance
Typical retail. Sporadic hours, slave wages, no room for growth and merit raises which means you will never make a living. My co- workers are a great group and deserve better pay. One upside is you have vacation days your first year.

To retail companies - if I work for a multi million dollar company I should get paid a wage that does not put me in poverty.
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Support/Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 21, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of me loading daily orders for the stores in the airport. I was also reponsible for placing orders for restock, and then loading orders for the 2nd afternoon run. I learned how to manage my time more efficiently in order to be more effective with my orders. There were 4 other warehouse associates and we all worked together as a team. However, most of my time was spent in the lower level warehouse alone. The hardest part of my job was filling the morning orders in such a short amount of time. Morning orders had to be fulfilled within 30 minutes of me arriving to work. I mostly enjoyed working with the team and accomplishing our daily tasks.
Good work environment and culture.
HR Assistant/Bookeeper (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 23, 2014
* a typical HR day at work would be logging in to Empower system and working on the attendance edits, and walking to each of our 11 stores to attend to employee needs and operations.

*a typical BK day would be collecting cash bags and process them to the bookkeeping system: deposits and reports.

*in this company, I experienced an extensive training in staff management and tackling HR and BK issues.

*employee relations is satisfactory with "family" culture being emphasized.
Compassion, Consideration, Business 1st is First Class Service
Visual/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International AirportSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: new break room, pet insurance and will allow you time to grow thicker skin or realize how weak you are as a person
Cons: lack of integrity, attitudes, highly emotional environment, unstable and unorganized environment
I've been there for 5 years and instead of me preparing for a new level with company, I'm on Job websites looking for a company that will encourage what I have to offer and allow me room to grow.