The Paradies Shops Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment. Very safe work place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 28, 2017
Fast paced atmosphere. Must be able to multi task and make decisions quickly. Have passed FBI background check. Communication skills very important. High turnover rate
Pros
Free lunch daily. Fifty percent off discount in stores at all locations.
Cons
High turnover rate. Lack of communication
Very High Turnover
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2017
Decent place to work.Management and Human Resource department need better training.Staff needs customer service training.The pay could be a lot better.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Pressured Enviroment
Very inexperienced management team.
SR Accounts Payables Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2017
A typical workday is putting out fires. Teams are more reactive that proactive. Some long term employees are not receptive to change and therefore slow down processes and work very inefficiently. Productivity could be tripled but is hindered due to inadequate systems.
There is quite a bit of turnover in finance staff and management. Managers an not usually prepared for the manual work environment which is not usually revealed during interviews and therefore don't last very long. The culture tries to remain family oriented and puts forth great effort to maintain the culture.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of manual work due to the and lack of adequate tools and automation. The most enjoyable part of the job are the challenges that are encountered on a day to day basis.
a great company to get your foot in the door to work in the airport
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2017
Paradies is a great retail company and has great customer service. The start out pay is higher than the average retail company in the airport. The employee discounts and benefits are great! On the flip side, there is no seniority in the company and there is little to no opportunity to advance. The turnover rate is extremely high.
Pros
45 minute lunch break, discount on all items, benefits
Cons
grace period, no opportunity to advance, no seniority, high turnover rate
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Good workplace, safe enviorement, great managers, always meeting new people around the world inside the airport, get to interact with different languages/cultures
Fast paced envioment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
I learned how to be a balanced manager between high volume dollars to high standards of merchandising. Hours are tough 10 plus hour workdays depending on your location.
Pros
great associates
Cons
call outs can challenge the day due to covering stores if you dont have enough people on that day.
To Much Work
Terminal Team Leader and Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 28, 2017
The Paradies Shops Over works it's employees,
to many stores in one terminal, Not enough employees for all the stores, rather over work, not enough pay and refuse to pay more yet wants you to bust your back.
Work evironment was a really good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 12, 2017
I really liked working at The Paradies Shops because my co-workers were some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. The management staff would help out in the stores if they were needed.
A family run business that needs to become more professional.
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vinings, GADecember 26, 2016
A small company with some senior staffers who have been there since the beginning. But the company's strategic direction requires a fresh perspective, and no one is willing to have an honest sit down with senior staff and openly discuss the shortfalls in the upper and mid level management teams.
Pros
Long term employees give a sense of continuity.
Cons
Many folks though are stuck in their thinking.
nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2016
just be prepared , i gets very slow when there is no flights. Other than that,this is a nice place to work. Most enjoyable part of this job is meeting travelers. Moat hardest part of this job is the down time . It's very slow pace.
Pros
50 percent off souvenirs
Cons
slow down time
This was a good place to work.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2016
Typical day. Assisting guests with purchases and taking care of the store. Ensuring that everything was up to par by way of keeping the items neat and tidy.
Carrying stock through security, having to remove your shoes each time. Co workers... no rating on them. Managers, too moody some days.
The most enjoyable day for me was relieving a co worker at a station.
Pros
Working in the airport
Cons
carrying too heavy items through security
Worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2016
Managers/team leads have no respect for anyone. You have to wait for an hour to get someone to relieve you for a restroom break. You can't even chew gum! If your caught leaning on the counter, your getting a write up. It's honestly like a prison.They don't allow you to speak to other workers at the airport. Do not waste your time at this miserable place.
Pros
50% off of snacks
Cons
Wait for restroom breaks, no respect for employees
Lots of work but fun too. Meet people from everywhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2016
A lot of work but an interesting job. I enjoyed meeting new people from all over since it was at the airport. I like ordering and trying new merchandise. We carried a lot of sports merchandise which would really move when there was a Clemson game
Pros
Vacation and bonus!
Fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
It was nice working here because my co-workers were supportive in this commission environment. You are able to see the new handbags that hit the floor and jewelry.
Pros
Getting to see new jewerly
Cons
boring on slow days
fun and energetic place
airport gift shop-Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 14, 2016
fast beutiful and had chance to work with alot great people learned alot and contributed alot to the company and rewarded myself with the knowledge.
Pros
goob job
benefits
Fun
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2016
I love this place, the atmosphere is exciting you never know who your gonna see or what you will see. I use to start my day off with the stores fresh hot DD coffee and blueberry doughnut. All the employees there were cheerful and enjoyed their job.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
Highly competitive workplace environment with great financial and people responsibilties.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO Internation airport (MCI)February 8, 2016
General manager held team leads to a high level of scrutiny and responsibilities. Team leads were require to count carry and deposit to fault over $2000 cash per shift. The cash was use to make change for the 11 stores located in three distince airport terminal. This required us to walk through each terminal to give breaks and dirrections to associates positioned in each store. We exchange large bills with the lower bills we personaly carried with us through out our shifts. Associates write ups were expected from team leads based on training needs and discipline instructions. These write-ups were delivered with the closing of each stores daily. We could end our shifts with over $3000 - $4000 of profits and original $2000 beginning shift cash.
Pros
Team Lead / Associate development and discipline. Cash responsibilities.
Cons
Very competitive, bus ride between terminals with $2000+ cash in a unlocked bag.
Productive on some occasions.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2015
I worked as a Barista here. Of course people have their days. Team leads were cool but sometimes thought they didn't have to do certain things at times. I personally believe the store was unorganized. I would recommend this job to someone who is looking for quick work but I wouldn't recommend as for a career.
Pros
Free lunches, meeting new people
Cons
Manager, hours cut, low pay, working conditions
When I worked
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2015
When I worked for the Paradies Shops, it was a great company. There are not too many companies where the founder and CEO knows your name. The company took a slight hit with the attacks of 9/11 because of airport concessions were slow. not too many people were traveling. The pay was low, especially for someone who was a certified forklift operator.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay
A place to call a potiential home
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
This job was an great experience for cash handling and people skills. There was always something to do which was great if you enjoy busy work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Paradies Shops. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9