The Paradies Shops Employee Reviews in United States

Worst
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2016
Managers/team leads have no respect for anyone. You have to wait for an hour to get someone to relieve you for a restroom break. You can't even chew gum! If your caught leaning on the counter, your getting a write up. It's honestly like a prison.They don't allow you to speak to other workers at the airport. Do not waste your time at this miserable place.
Pros
50% off of snacks
Cons
Wait for restroom breaks, no respect for employees
Lots of work but fun too. Meet people from everywhere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2016
A lot of work but an interesting job. I enjoyed meeting new people from all over since it was at the airport. I like ordering and trying new merchandise. We carried a lot of sports merchandise which would really move when there was a Clemson game
Pros
Vacation and bonus!
Fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2016
It was nice working here because my co-workers were supportive in this commission environment. You are able to see the new handbags that hit the floor and jewelry.
Pros
Getting to see new jewerly
Cons
boring on slow days
Fun
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2016
I love this place, the atmosphere is exciting you never know who your gonna see or what you will see. I use to start my day off with the stores fresh hot DD coffee and blueberry doughnut. All the employees there were cheerful and enjoyed their job.
Pros
Great benefits and discounts
fun and energetic place
airport gift shop-Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 14, 2016
fast beutiful and had chance to work with alot great people learned alot and contributed alot to the company and rewarded myself with the knowledge.
Pros
goob job
benefits
Productive on some occasions.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2015
I worked as a Barista here. Of course people have their days. Team leads were cool but sometimes thought they didn't have to do certain things at times. I personally believe the store was unorganized. I would recommend this job to someone who is looking for quick work but I wouldn't recommend as for a career.
Pros
Free lunches, meeting new people
Cons
Manager, hours cut, low pay, working conditions
Highly competitive workplace environment with great financial and people responsibilties.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO Internation airport (MCI)February 8, 2016
General manager held team leads to a high level of scrutiny and responsibilities. Team leads were require to count carry and deposit to fault over $2000 cash per shift. The cash was use to make change for the 11 stores located in three distince airport terminal. This required us to walk through each terminal to give breaks and dirrections to associates positioned in each store. We exchange large bills with the lower bills we personaly carried with us through out our shifts. Associates write ups were expected from team leads based on training needs and discipline instructions. These write-ups were delivered with the closing of each stores daily. We could end our shifts with over $3000 - $4000 of profits and original $2000 beginning shift cash.
Pros
Team Lead / Associate development and discipline. Cash responsibilities.
Cons
Very competitive, bus ride between terminals with $2000+ cash in a unlocked bag.
When I worked
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2015
When I worked for the Paradies Shops, it was a great company. There are not too many companies where the founder and CEO knows your name. The company took a slight hit with the attacks of 9/11 because of airport concessions were slow. not too many people were traveling. The pay was low, especially for someone who was a certified forklift operator.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Pay
Good and bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 11, 2015
I was pro-Paradies for a long time- however-a lot of changes specifically in management realignment, changes in policies, micromanagement at its finest with no assistance from the support center. The company is growing very quickly- with no on-boarding process for managers, no support for growing stores, one regional director for six locations. I was very supportive of the company four years ago however as the company has grown it has become less about the associates and more about getting polices up and running without getting the fields feedback.
Pros
Great benefits, growing company, family orientated
Cons
Growing to quickly, not enough support, not an understanding of business.
It was a busy atmosphere and fun to work there
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 1, 2015
When I worked there, it was a very busy time. I enjoyed meeting all the people that came in who where traveling in and out of the Springs Airport. The people where great to work with.
Pros
Enjoyed the atmosphere, and people I worked with. I liked the products we sold.
Cons
At the time I was there, management changed and I no longer wanted to work there.
Fun but very professional work environment.
Sr Buyer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2015
A family oriented company that is growing by leaps and bounds. Fun but very professional work environment. Lots of traveling and hard work, but the compensation package is stellar.
All is well :) keep in your heart,
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  DallasMarch 1, 2015
Always keeps Smile on your face at work, forget everything, start new day.
Good sales skills handling merchandise.
Management is so far so good.
Good co-workers as team work.
Hardest part when people do not get when thy needed.we do not have available in our stores.
Meet everyday new & different country customers, good experience,
Pros
for company employees gift shops 50% off.
Cons
breaks: 30 or 15 minutes
A place to call a potiential home
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
This job was an great experience for cash handling and people skills. There was always something to do which was great if you enjoy busy work.
love this company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJanuary 25, 2015
Paradies is a wonderful company to work for. The general manager noticed I had a degree in graphic design so she asked if i wanted to work on the location newsletter. I jumped at the opportunity to finally utilize my degree. Also, I work in eSavvy a store of just electronics. I was specifically hired for this store and I love it.
Pros
50% discount, ability to utilize my degree
Cons
30 minute lunch
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 20, 2015
I do warehouse organizing, receiving, and office work, cash management counted cash drawers, book keeping making bank deposit, ordering merchandise, filing, inventory, merchandising, assigned employees to specific duties to best meet the needs if the store. I work with some great people and I enjoy helping the customers find what they need
fun with great team and co-workers
REPLENISHMENT (Former Employee) –  JFK international airport Queens, NYJuly 19, 2015
one of the best retail company in the airport, great team great management but needs better communication among management
typical retail
employee (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 15, 2014
Typical retail. Sporadic hours, slave wages, no room for growth and merit raises which means you will never make a living. My co- workers are a great group and deserve better pay. One upside is you have vacation days your first year.

To retail companies - if I work for a multi million dollar company I should get paid a wage that does not put me in poverty.
Cons
low wage, no work life balance
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Support/Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 21, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of me loading daily orders for the stores in the airport. I was also reponsible for placing orders for restock, and then loading orders for the 2nd afternoon run. I learned how to manage my time more efficiently in order to be more effective with my orders. There were 4 other warehouse associates and we all worked together as a team. However, most of my time was spent in the lower level warehouse alone. The hardest part of my job was filling the morning orders in such a short amount of time. Morning orders had to be fulfilled within 30 minutes of me arriving to work. I mostly enjoyed working with the team and accomplishing our daily tasks.
Good work environment and culture.
HR Assistant/Bookeeper (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 23, 2014
* a typical HR day at work would be logging in to Empower system and working on the attendance edits, and walking to each of our 11 stores to attend to employee needs and operations.

*a typical BK day would be collecting cash bags and process them to the bookkeeping system: deposits and reports.

*in this company, I experienced an extensive training in staff management and tackling HR and BK issues.

*employee relations is satisfactory with "family" culture being emphasized.
Compassion, Consideration, Business 1st is First Class Service
Visual/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International AirportSeptember 22, 2014
I've been there for 5 years and instead of me preparing for a new level with company, I'm on Job websites looking for a company that will encourage what I have to offer and allow me room to grow.
Pros
new break room, pet insurance and will allow you time to grow thicker skin or realize how weak you are as a person
Cons
lack of integrity, attitudes, highly emotional environment, unstable and unorganized environment

2.8