The Paradies Shops

The Paradies Shops Employer Reviews

Fun place to work.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 18, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: no flexibility in scheduling.
Great people to work with. Very busy work. Because the work is mostly manual, work is very constant. There is never a sense of completion.
Overall I really loved my job but wanted to do more.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hebron, KYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits, flexible scheduling and a family feel environment
Cons: no seniority, very low raisies and some favoritism with certain senior team leads and management
I worked both days and nights and had often stayed past my shift at times when a co-worker was late or didn't show up. I opened and or closed each store everyday, changed out money in each register, maintained the safe for the money change out to the bank and registers. Performed audits, provided orders of merchandise to the warehouse department, completed daily tasks from management when given and ensured the customers were taken care of. The hardest part of my job was when we had call-offs and had to find replacements or I had to stay late to finish the shift which I gladly stayed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the cultural diversity of my co-workers and our customers.
typical retail
employee (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 15, 2014
Cons: low wage, no work life balance
Typical retail. Sporadic hours, slave wages, no room for growth and merit raises which means you will never make a living. My co- workers are a great group and deserve better pay. One upside is you have vacation days your first year.

To retail companies - if I work for a multi million dollar company I should get paid a wage that does not put me in poverty.
Good work environment and culture.
HR Assistant/Bookeeper (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 23, 2014
* a typical HR day at work would be logging in to Empower system and working on the attendance edits, and walking to each of our 11 stores to attend to employee needs and operations.

*a typical BK day would be collecting cash bags and process them to the bookkeeping system: deposits and reports.

*in this company, I experienced an extensive training in staff management and tackling HR and BK issues.

*employee relations is satisfactory with "family" culture being emphasized.
Compassion, Consideration, Business 1st is First Class Service
Visual/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International AirportSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: new break room, pet insurance and will allow you time to grow thicker skin or realize how weak you are as a person
Cons: lack of integrity, attitudes, highly emotional environment, unstable and unorganized environment
I've been there for 5 years and instead of me preparing for a new level with company, I'm on Job websites looking for a company that will encourage what I have to offer and allow me room to grow.
Great Place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoy working at this company because of the great people I work with and also meeting people from across the world!
Simple, Easy to catch on and learn
IT Helpdesk Representative Tier 1 (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Family business, great people to work around, not much room for growth in the IT Department.
Traveler
Sales Associate\ Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 19, 2014
Being able to talked to people from all over the states and with an occasional chance to see a TV, Movie or Sports Star
Busy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2014
Pros: loved seeing the different people flying into the airport
Cons: a little unorganized at times
walked the different stores and refilled and stocked shelves
told the customers about upcoming events and promotions
Nice enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 1, 2014
Cons: waiting on someone for restroom breaks, no hoildays off
Pretty much ran your own store. Got to meet different people from around the world.
Family Orriented
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta Hartfield International AirportMarch 30, 2014
Pros: diverse culture oriented
Cons: uper management lack of coomunication and feed back with supervisors
I had great managerial experience with The Paredies Shops. Great company to work for. The purpose of my departure was to pursue my degree by returning to school on a full time basis.
Always busy.
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 18, 2014
Never a dull moment. We always had projects to work on or people to assist. Supervisors always gave us a hand in anything that we needed.
Good pay and benefits but staff turnover incredibly high.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte Douglas International AirportMarch 12, 2014
Cons: 30 minute breaks, expensive to eat in the airport, getting through security every day is a pain, as is riding the employee buses from the parking lots..
Paradies offer a fair rate of pay for working inside the airport at Charlotte, but they hire and fire at an amazing rate. There is no job security. They claim to have a family orientated business but it definitely is not. Days at work are stressful, and the managers are just waiting to document you for anything they possibly can.
i learned...
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good people, location
Cons: new policies, no advancements.
i learned who i was when i worked here..i found myself..i found a life i didn't know..new people and places to be..it was sad for my departure but personal reason weighed heavy on me..overall good people to work with.yet policies have changed since my departure.
No room for advancement
Accounts Payable Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2014
No room for growth or job Stability. The benefits are non existent and there are poor management support.
Environment not family friendly.
Senior IT Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2014
Cons: managers are not empowered to manage their teams.
There are a lot of opportunities for improvement within IT. During my time with the company I was able to stand up a new service center, create reporting, and build out a ticketing system. The job required many hours per day and it was difficult to balance family and career. Also, under the new management team, the managers were not empowered to manage their areas. In my case the interim CIO often made decisions concerning my team without my input causing frustration with the team and resulted in losing many key employees.
Great people with a drive to suceed
Brands Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2013
Its a great job and I have learned a lot through my years there.
Alway very busy in a good way
Team Leader (Former Employee), warwick R.I.September 19, 2013
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: short breaks
you are always on the go...
what i learned to do was to do many different jobs...
management was very fair and helpful.
my co- workers were very helpful to me as we worked we all worked as a team to get things done asap.
the hard part of my job was pushing cases of soda and water up a small hill...
i loved meeting new people had helping them find what they needed...
Nice workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: gift cards for birthday, and christmas
Cons: low salary
Dealt with a diverse customer population, and a fast-paced environment.
great atmosphere! deal with different customers; those who are flying out, or coming in, or just waiting for a passenger.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: they work with your school schedule
Cons: unreasonable polices, for instance, you may call out sick with a doctors note, you will be considered unexcused absent, due to no ptos(personal time off) well rules are rules; you have to follow them
You make it how you want it. Basically being fun and good spirited will make your working there a fun and happy place. Keep it professional; leave you personal problems at home and don't get involved in the here says. Overall it's a great company to work for.

1 2 3

About The Paradies Shops

For the frequent flyer, this is retail paradise. The Paradies Shops operates more than 500 shops in airports, hotels, and aquariums throughout – Read more

The Paradies Shops Photos