The Parking Spot

The Parking Spot Employer Reviews

enjoyable and friendly
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 16, 2014
The interaction with the guest that are going on their trip or asking them how was their trip when they come back.
Overall Ok
Assistant Manager Operations (Current Employee), Newark, NJNovember 26, 2014
Pros: everyone works together
Cons: we do our own snow removal
Typically I go in and do all the reviews for cashiers on a daily basis. Most of the time guest don't complaint about our service. Overall a smooth operation, but I need to learn more and advance.
Customer Service Rep/Driver (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Driving passengers to the airport and making sure they get there on time.
Awesome Driving Experience
Valet/ Clerk (Former Employee), JamaicaAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: horrible leadership
Your driving skills are definitely sharpened but management cares more about customers than providing employees with proper training to perform this fast paced job during peak times of the day.

Management changes almost every year, company makes lots of money but their system of operations, especially at JFK location lacks continuity and leadership.
Busy and enjoyable place to work at.
Driver (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no upward mobility
As a shuttle driver, driving guests to and from the airport, time can really fly or drag, depending on the amount of travelers at any given time. On average, the morning and evening time frames are usually the busiest, and so time passes quickly. This job provides opportunity to meet many people from different walks of life. You can interact with them – more... on your way to the airport or back from the airport. The guests really appreciate when you help them with their luggage to and from their cars. My co-workers, for the most part, make the day the most enjoyable. We share our stories with each other and help pass the time. The toughest part of the job is trying to provide the best hospitality to a guest who refuses to accept it and respond in a negative manner. The most enjoyable, however, is when you're able to turn that particular guest's day around to a more positive light and retain them as regular guests. – less
Overall the job is great but more suited for someone younger just starting out in the work force or someone older looking for something to do.
Cashier (Current Employee), East Point, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great co workers, customers and free beverages.
Cons: very slow paced, i don't like working second shift and it's far from where i live.
I am very grateful to have the opportunity to be working again after such a lengthy absence from the work force, however, this is not where I see myself long term.
great place to work
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2014
great place to work lot of cool people everybody is friendly plus free tickets to fly
Meeting millionars
Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2014
Driving thru the airport talking to different celebrities
Enjoyed working with the public
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: love working in fast paced environmeny
Cons: not always busy
A typical day could be very slow as for as 100 cars checking out to a very busy day checking out more than 1000 cars.
easy going job
Valet (Current Employee), East Elmhurst, NYApril 2, 2014
your basic day at work is mostly moving around cars through the lot. may be kinda crazy because of the amount of cars. also your driving should be on point. but other than that your just driving all day. its an easy job. also the weather plays a big part around here, so you would need to invest in clothes to match the weather.
Fun place to work
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2014
Pros: tips and friendly guest.
Cons: busy travel season and traffic at the airport.
Fast paced and learning experience of transport of guest's to and from the airport. This job has broad my customer service skills and has taught me to deal with different personalities The hardest part of the job I would have to say is that it can be stressful at time during the busy travel times and traffic. The best part of the job is getting to meet – more... new people and becoming friends with frequent travelers.. – less
Driver/ Dispatcher (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Driveing around Bush IAH helping people get home and the vactionn, busissen place. Talking to peolpe about anything. Making everyone smile while they were on my bus
OK
Supervisor (Current Employee), Saint Louis MODecember 31, 2013
Very busy but slow around the holiday's. Regular Customers are friendly.
Productive Business
Cashier, Dispatcher, &Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 30, 2013
The job is ok. Very grateful for it but can not make a living off of it. The managers need to be more professional and need to get the company in better shape.
Columbus ohio
valet (Former Employee), Columbus OhioDecember 15, 2013
Cons: no paid breaks management scheduling
Awful awful. Worked here three months, busted my butt. Got no appreciation for my hard work. Scheduling was terrible.
it's ok to work here the guest are good
Cashier/Valet Driver (Former Employee), East Elmhurst, NYDecember 2, 2013
it ok to work here, working with cars and people, and getting to know and pass people going to different places
I LIKE TO WORK HARD AND HAVE FUN DOING IT!
DRIVER (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 20, 2013
I CAN TELL YOU THAT ALL MY CO-WORKER WERE SOME HARD WORKERS! WE ALL GET ALL OUR WORK DONE.
Great workplace for younger and older people, workers and guest.
Dispatcher/ Driver/ Cashier (Former Employee), College Park, GAOctober 21, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day at work was working with new employees and making them feel comfortable.
A typical day
Cashier (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: you can get $50 bonuses on your check for outstanding service or just going above and beyond.
Cons: there are many rules that they fail to tell you during your training, management isn't very good at communicating to their employees or relaying messages.
The jobs needed for a typical day are little to none. There are a series of points we have to meet as far as customer service. For instance, we need to say these things for each transaction or guest:
- a greeting
- do you have a spot club card
- do you have any coupons or corp. discounts
- tell them their total
- offer a bottle of water
- And tell them – more... to have a good night or something in that nature.
The reason we need to say this is ultimately for better costumer service but also because we are monitored through out the whole shift by video surveillance. – less
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: tips
Cons: hated rainy weather and layoffs
I enjoyed parking cars the majority of customers were friendly and likeable.

I received positive performance reviews

I provided excellent customer service and received great tips.

I enjoyed working weekends and holidays most people didn't