The Parking Spot Employee Reviews

My typical day as a driver
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDDecember 30, 2016
It is an interesting place to work. What I learned most from my job is that it is a team oriented type of business. The management and co-workers believe in providing an excellent airport parking service for our guests. The hardest part of the job is to meet the demand to get our guests to their flight on time through heavy airport traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet and interact with the business travelers and the vacationers.
Pros
Holiday gift cards, performance bonuses, great tips
Cons
Limited career advancement
Only good for benefits; bad towards team
Airport Shuttle Bus Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 29, 2016
The chain of command is a joke. Management ignores guest complaints so if that is being done? rest assured the team is not being taken cared of as well. The team basically runs itself, which creates a bad moral within itself. Everyone knows not to run to a chain of command because nothing will be solved and voice will not be heard. Everyone's job is a 2-person or more job. Dispatch GPS system is always messing up. Never consistent, communication...there is none. The drivers run the place. If there was no drivers, there would be no company. Management is blind to that and treat them like a number. Do not recommend unless you have thick skin and can make a difference. If not? It will driver you up the wall and/or run you out of there.
Benefits
Cons
You're just a number. They do not value they're own team. Everyone is for themselves.
Productive and fun work environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2016
This is a lovely place to work, the management team is awesome, and the other employees are impeccable. Truly a great company.
Great job to work at Haynes
Cashier/Dispatcher/valet (Current Employee) –  haynes,NJDecember 12, 2016
I can say I have work for a different big company once.This have been one of the most best company I ever work for.The hours are great the company works with your schedule. This is a great location to work at long as you our a [Team player] Then the job will be for you.
Cons
Management give you a break if you ask but job so easy that you really don't need one
Boring workplace
Cashier/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 17, 2016
This is a great job for someone who like to sit down all day or should I say a lazy person, it's not so fun and it's very boring
Great company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 7, 2016
Great company to work for. I was able to move up very quickly. Within 3 years of working, I was supervisor. I started as a part time cashier and they saw my potential and allowed me to show my skills.
No appreciation for hard workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2016
No scheduled breaks, overwork hourly employees, it's like high school all over again with all the gossip and fakeness from top to bottom. People let their title go to their heads and treat you badly once you remind them they are only human just like the rest! They will smile in your face one minute and talk behind your back next minute. management will ask, sometimes demand you to do more than your fair share of work, promise a reward and advise of a possible promotion, of which would never come. hourly employees (most anyways) are more like family, it's just the top tier of management at a particular location that really gives this business a bad rep.
Pros
diverse culture
Cons
hourly employees are very underappreciated
Fast Working Environment
Dispatcher/Driver/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2016
The transportation Industry is vast growing and in Houston the parking companies are busy daily. People are always needing to get to the Airport and the services are great. The staff and management was great and easy to get along with. The staff scheduling was hard but fair. I learned a lot there. I started out as a driver of the shuttles and advanced to dispatcher. I worked Valet as well. The pay was low so I had to move on but I would still give them a thumbs up on customer service.
Pros
Daily Tips
Cons
Comfortable working enviroment
Good money. Gets hot during summer
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2016
This was my summer job after my freshman year of college. As a car wash person you are off on your own by the cleaning shed. You get to do it your way and at your pace which is really nice. Some days I'd only have a few cars and I would get off around 12:00-1:00. You get payed per car and the higher the wash package the customer bought the more you get paid and if you have lazy co-workers like I did you get paid even more after you pick up Thor cars. It's really hot in the summer. Do not work in the shed when it's hot outside. That thing is an oven and pulling the cars up behind the shed and doing them in the shade/breeze will make life 100x easier. Another con is that it was kinda a rip off for what people paid, however this may have been fixed after I left. The wash is waterless and scratches the cars and there is no wax like they advertise. It's only a wipe down with this green spray they have and then the Windows get cleaned with tap water. Also getting stains out of carpet is hard because all you have is a shop vac and some all purpose cleaner to do it. Also bugs are a real pain to get off. Spray them and let them soak while you do the rest of the car and wipe them off at the end. Overall a solid place to work and I'm sure it has improved because the slackers left right before I had to leave to go back to school. A lot of potential to be a great car cleaning service if they get the right tools. Only reason I'm not returning for more summers is because I didn't like like horrible techniques used to clean the cars. Awful on the cars paint
Horrible establishment to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2016
This is ABSOLUTELY the worst company I have EVER been employed by. Management is prejudice & extremely unprofessional!!! All the employees are depressed and dread coming to work.
Cons
Just a job to pay the bills
Valet (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NY 11369March 14, 2016
A typical work day includes moving cars around between the lots. mostly organizing the main lot with the cars waiting to be picked up in the following three days. if you like to drive cars and have a laid back kind of day this is the job for you. but the problem with this parking spot is that its like high school. everyone wants to be the "popular" kid. on top of that most of the people here dont know how to check their egos. management here isnt the best either. most of the time, management is in their own world. the valets are the ones only who really get work done, without any management opinions. the time management gets involved is when he thinks we arent working "fast enough". then he proceeds to pass orders that dont make any sense and slows the process even more. a major con for me is the weather and the minimum wage they pay you to do this job.
Cons
minimum wage, weather related work, coworkers
great friendly people and fast paced work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 2, 2016
great friendly people and fast paced work place. a typical day start around 6am and ends around 5pm. hardest part is the early hours and long days.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
long days
Fast paced work environment
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Get to work, perform vehicle inspection then continue to pick-up passengers. Throughout the day there are plenty of pick-ups and drop-offs to and from JFK airport. I can say that I learned every crease and crevice in JFK airport pretty well. The boss is always overwhelmed w/ work because there is always a shortage of staff
w/ people calling out or just not showing up.
Co-workers are pretty cool because we're all actually there to accommodate one another due to high traffic of passengers coming in and out. The hardest part of the job is saying no to overtime because there is always extra work to be done.
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people from all over the world travelling in and out of the country
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Shortage of staff
Good work place
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed working for The Parking Spot. The drivers wages are low but you get tips at times, so I guess its ok. Good work place.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Competition
Each day was different
Cashier/Valet (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXNovember 18, 2015
It was fun dealing with the customers everyday. I learned to deal with difficult customers in person and handle the situation on a case by case basis.
Not A So friendly and Professional Place To work
shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
There are to many Indians trying to be Chiefs and no respect for privacy between employees and management and this is suppose to be a "Christian Based Company"
Pros
tips & some friendly guest & Staff
Cons
A Supervisor telling other employees that he's gonna take the Manager or Assistant Mgr. Position
Horrible place to work!
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Houston Texas (15800 JFK )October 9, 2015
First of all being in a small dusty, busted up booth was bad enough. You have to deal with customers attitude because there unpleased with this parking spot from the jump because they never have uncovered parking spots and the outrageous prices. Then you have to deal with mentally unstable managers and supervisors who act insanely rude and disrespectful towards us. No breaks I repeat NO BREAKS! Because they feel like it's a privilege to be sitting down in that hot sweaty booth while others are moving around. The job is very easy if they let it be easy. If they not trying to make the job harder. You live off of junk food there as well nothing healthy in sight. Do not believe that lie about working with your schedule. They give you a terrible schedule that they pick out for you and it will leave you very tired and wore out! Last but most definitely not least. You have assistant managers and supervisors who make disrespectful jokes about co-workers also use profanity out of this world and x-rated talk. I do not know about other "The Parking Spot" but this is what I have experience at this place. That is the reason why I resigned. Do not work there, trust me for your behalf you can do way better than this.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
safe and timely manner.
SHUTTLE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  10534 Natural Bridge Rd.St. Louis Missouri 63134September 27, 2015
Driving customers to and from the airport and assisting with their luggage. Showing excellence in customer service. Greeting our customers in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Days turn fast from start to finish. Continuous flow of traffic with the stready arrival and departure of flights.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 5, 2015
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the elements. When it rains, it pours and the Texas heat is relentless. Co-workers are a joy to see and share shifts with. I learned how to work continuously without getting much Personal time. You gotta stay on point in the hospitality industry. Customers are always seeking assistance.
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
Steady work environment
bad business
shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  houston txJuly 26, 2015
do not work here take it from me its horrible pay, buses broke down everyday, bad radio equipment rude dispatching 10 minute breaks when its supposed to be two 15 minute breaks policies only followed when management wanted to follow them basically the business was ran however they wanted to run it its not worth it!
Pros
bad company
Cons
bad company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Parking Spot. Our community is ready to answer.

83%