The Parking Spot Employee Reviews

This is a fun, fast paced environment to work in.
Shuttle Bus Driver / Cashier / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2017
I was rewarded with the opportunity to begin working here without any other previous experience, except for a past in Customer Service. You pick up several aspects of the business quickly or you give up. Instead of Customer Service, they refer to their service as Hospitality and put the customer's experience first. The most difficult was on holidays when individuals travel, At times, a few employees seemed to be in competition to pickup and drop off more customers in hope of more tip opportunities. Management was always available and willing to listen to employees or customers. I built good rapport with regular customers and enjoyed my three years plus employment.
Pros
Great Management, good earning potential
Cons
fast paced at times, competitive co-workers
The Parking Spot
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 6, 2017
It is a good company to work for. A typical work day varies, it could be fast-past or a slow day. They train you to the best of the company bi-laws. Management is cool. The culture is to be expected. The most difficult part of this job is trying to bare the Missouri weather.
I loved the guest and just getting to know all the repeat guest.
Pros
Everyday Tips
Cons
Weather
Great work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MissouriNovember 25, 2017
good place to work. hours are flexible and friendly team members. Great work place. Fast paced especially during the holidays. Management is good and sometimes are willing to work with you.
Pros
tips
Cons
no over time
Great workplace for car lovers
Valet (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 21, 2017
Great environment to start working. Management will work with you on anything you need. Employees are very polite and welcoming. At some locations you have a choice between car wash and valet
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough workers
Great Workplace Enviroment
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2017
A friendly and positive atmosphere, so much great opportunities and fairness within this company. Great feedback from supervisors in ways of knowing what to do and how to become better at your jib.
Mismanaged
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
General manager hardly ever there. Asstantant manager and supervisor definitely played the favorite card too much. Co-workers would back stab you in a heart beat. I got let go cause I had to be admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure. I would not recommend any job here.
Pros
Cons
Don't get me started on all the problems
The enviorment.
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2017
If you like the company treating one particular driver better than everyone combined. And let him use his LEAD power to steal tip money out of your pocket. Look the other way every single time and act if they have no idea what your taking about.
Pros
Cool people
Cons
Favortism
Open culture an relaxing work place.
Washer\Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2017
The parking spot is a great company, very diverse with the culture an is a welcoming work place. Well managed an takes care of their employees. Easy to advance an grow in company.
Unhealthy environment for me
the Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmundson, MOSeptember 20, 2017
It can be quite the toxic. Employees and customers are disgruntled and can be borderline abusive (verbally).

No praise for achievements or "going the extra mile." Only negative actions are noted, positive actions are ignored. Would have preferred to know when I actually did something right.
Pros
Minimal supervison, good amount of work, good benefits
Cons
Too many disgruntled workers, rude customers, low pay
Productive work enviroment
Driver/Bilingual Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Productive work environment,
Learning daily customers needs and concerns.
Management is excellent, always attending employees and customers needs.
My work place has a varieties of cultures but all are defined to customer satisfactions
Hardest part of the job, none.
Most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to provide and experience the satisfactions of the people when they enjoy a relax and secure trip to their vehicles and airport destinations.
Pros
Most helpfull management
Cons
The Parking Spot is a great transitional job and a great part time job.
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 9, 2017
I have worked at the Parking Spot for nearly 3 years. I enjoy my job and my coworkers. The benefits are ok the hourly pay is lacking in my opinion. I think it would be great if the opportunity for advancement was greater. Or if tuition reimbursement was available. I appreciate the opportunities that were afforded. Employees put a lot of time and effort into this job. I feel the job should put some back into the employees.
Pros
as a driver you can make daily money, the benefits are ok
Cons
you can only advance so far and they do not seem to value the employees as much as they should.
The Parking Spot a great place to work
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 9, 2017
The Parking Spot is really a nice place to work, because it is steady pay check for steady work. It is not a stressful job and the guest are usually pleasant.
Productive and fun place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 27, 2017
A typical day constantly is exciting, slow one minute and a bustle of activity the next. I loved working with my co-workers...they kept me encouraged. Management was easy to work with and the guests are typical...some good and fun, others not so much. Really helped me learn customer service.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
pay could be better
Stressful environment,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
Manager never helped, always gone; Had to be a quick learner when or get yelled at! It was just a mess most of the time I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Wonderful Crew to work with
Cons
No breaks, manager constantly yelling at drivers infront of customers
Worst place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 10, 2017
Hours were long and hard and if you were a cashier there that worked on the weekends, you would not get a break at all. The People(employees) were nothing but tattle tales. And the management was only fair to people that they liked. If you were someone that they did not like, they treated you like dirt
Pros
Cons
poor pay and poor management
While working at The Parking Spot were rewarding.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work is machines operating good. I learned to be patient and ask questions if needed. The management helped out a lot. when asked. The workplace culture is everyone worked together. the hardest part of the job when the machines was not working properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, employees, vendors or visitors seems to be happy!!!
Pros
Keeping everyone happy.
Cons
Operating machines and when short no one does not help.
Fast pace, competitive
Cashier/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2017
good starting job, for young adult or mature adult looking for second job or even retired adult looking to keep bus flexible hours and great incentives
Pros
bonuses, tips flexible
CASHIER/ DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 26, 2017
Great people and environment. Always reliable management. Never have to question anything about your job. when you need something it gets done right away no questions asked.
Short or long term parking
Cashier/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2017
Good for second job or additional income.
Or retire persons.
Receive free parking.

Room for advancement.
Deal with airport commuters and employees
Pros
Convenient to Airport terminals, discount given
Cons
High turnover
Overall Review
Shuttle Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
Flexible work schedules is a benefits. Meeting different type of people from different culture. Depending on shift the job culture changes employee's.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and diversity among co-workers
Cons
Management does not listen to employee grieveances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Parking Spot. Our community is ready to answer.