The Parking Spot Employee Reviews

Good work place
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed working for The Parking Spot. The drivers wages are low but you get tips at times, so I guess its ok. Good work place.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Competition
Each day was different
Cashier/Valet (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXNovember 18, 2015
It was fun dealing with the customers everyday. I learned to deal with difficult customers in person and handle the situation on a case by case basis.
Not A So friendly and Professional Place To work
shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
There are to many Indians trying to be Chiefs and no respect for privacy between employees and management and this is suppose to be a "Christian Based Company"
Pros
tips & some friendly guest & Staff
Cons
A Supervisor telling other employees that he's gonna take the Manager or Assistant Mgr. Position
Horrible place to work!
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Houston Texas (15800 JFK )October 9, 2015
First of all being in a small dusty, busted up booth was bad enough. You have to deal with customers attitude because there unpleased with this parking spot from the jump because they never have uncovered parking spots and the outrageous prices. Then you have to deal with mentally unstable managers and supervisors who act insanely rude and disrespectful towards us. No breaks I repeat NO BREAKS! Because they feel like it's a privilege to be sitting down in that hot sweaty booth while others are moving around. The job is very easy if they let it be easy. If they not trying to make the job harder. You live off of junk food there as well nothing healthy in sight. Do not believe that lie about working with your schedule. They give you a terrible schedule that they pick out for you and it will leave you very tired and wore out! Last but most definitely not least. You have assistant managers and supervisors who make disrespectful jokes about co-workers also use profanity out of this world and x-rated talk. I do not know about other "The Parking Spot" but this is what I have experience at this place. That is the reason why I resigned. Do not work there, trust me for your behalf you can do way better than this.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
safe and timely manner.
SHUTTLE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  10534 Natural Bridge Rd.St. Louis Missouri 63134September 27, 2015
Driving customers to and from the airport and assisting with their luggage. Showing excellence in customer service. Greeting our customers in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Days turn fast from start to finish. Continuous flow of traffic with the stready arrival and departure of flights.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 5, 2015
The hardest part of this job is dealing with the elements. When it rains, it pours and the Texas heat is relentless. Co-workers are a joy to see and share shifts with. I learned how to work continuously without getting much Personal time. You gotta stay on point in the hospitality industry. Customers are always seeking assistance.
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
Steady work environment
bad business
shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  houston txJuly 26, 2015
do not work here take it from me its horrible pay, buses broke down everyday, bad radio equipment rude dispatching 10 minute breaks when its supposed to be two 15 minute breaks policies only followed when management wanted to follow them basically the business was ran however they wanted to run it its not worth it!
Pros
bad company
Cons
bad company
it was a low paying job
Shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasJuly 6, 2015
I noticed many drivers came and went because it didn't pay all that much. I myself stayed on because I was a will call and named my own hours and days.
Pros
named my own hours
Cons
low pay small raises
Taking customers to the airport from the parking lot
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 1, 2015
Drive customers to the airport on a daily basis, ensuring there safety and getting to there flights on time. Keeping a log on my trips and helping customers with there baggage
Pros
Enteracting with people
Productive place
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2015
Great place to work if you love meeting new people and working with different types of ethical backgrounds. Management needs A LOT of work (favoritism, communication, unfairness, attitudes, etc.)!
Pros
Benefits are great that the company offers, sick time & vacation time
Cons
Work is strenuous, 30 minute lunch break, hardly get any 10 minute lunch breaks, 3 days of bereavement
lovely place to work
Manager /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TXJune 18, 2015
enjoyed all aspects of the job it is family, enjoy benefits and the work load, enjoy the airport people, enjoy the time spent there
Pros
beni. 401 k insurance
Cons
none except the hot tx somers
relaxing and fun at the same time
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  college park,ga.May 4, 2015
I enjoyed working at my own pace at certain times. The tips were such a great help especially when you were on the move. I can do a job like this again.
I enjoy my job.
Dispatcher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 4, 2015
I am ENJOYING...Meeting new guests. Problem-solving. Making guests smile day or night after a rough airport time. KNOWING Management always has your back unless you curse out a guest. It feels better than family. There is a co-worker or two that tries to bully you but that's there way of coping with their own personality flaw. I feel no racism/prejudiceness from any upper management and look forward to coming to work to help our guests. You need to love Customer Service and helping people.
Pros
Great vacation time
Cons
Bonuses and pay not so good.
Easy going and fun place to work
Valet lot (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2015
The management was very good and the workers were all generally very friendly. I enjoyed working there and would work fro them again in the future.
You can be yourself
Driver/cashier/dispatch and valet (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2015
If you love people and aim to please you will love it here. If money is important this is not the job for you. You must be a team player, slow to anger and dependable. The best part of this job is the guests. The hardest part of this job is veteran employee relations they give you a hard time and this could run you off and considering the pay it's not worth it but if you can get along with anybody and respect from your co- workers is not important than you will secure your position for life. Loyal company, great bosses, good benifits.
Pros
Great guests, fun environment and job security
Cons
Not enough hourly pay, more room for advancement, and not enough variety
o.k workplace but dead end employment
Overnight Shuttle bus driver, Dispatcher, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2015
typical day at work consists of transporting customers, to and from the airport. lifting luggage from customers vehicles to the shuttle in a timely fashion all while incorporating the highest levels of customer service, and driver safety. overnight shift consist of three employees and a supervisor three nights a week , job is generally easy
Pros
Tips, Networking connections
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement, no seniority system, disrespectful employees, no night differential, low raises, cliqued up employee atmosphere, working third shift you are invisble to management, defective equipment, nepetisim
cashier/dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work started with counting the cash at the cash register and signing off. Something valuable I learn working there is time management and perfecting multitasking. the management was great so was the coworkers. In my opinion there was no hard part of working there every aspect of the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Fun Work Environment
Cons
hours
high-paced , busy work place
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
a typical day was greeting welcome customer back from a trip or vacation. Handling money and using a computer software for money. Offering customer a bottle of water and making sure they have a great level of customer service.
to work for the parking spot is very challeging
shuttle bus driver (Current Employee) –  houston txMarch 10, 2015
to work for the parking spot is very challenging to do you never know what kind of a day you are going to have (i,e tip wise) it could be a great day or it could be a bad day It's a good place to work but there are days that they have to many driver's and it get's hard to make any money .
Pros
tip's
Cons
breaks
car wash guy at the parking spot
car wash guy (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 28, 2015
very hard work. sometimes mentally and physically challenging work. but all right. Jody and managers are cool!! you work in all weather conditions. regardless of the weather. employees are treaded fairly, but it s hard to do strenuous work outside in the elements sometimes. Bus drivers and guests are usually courteous..
Pros
hard work fun sometimes.
Cons
was in the elements alot before garage was built.