The Pasha Group

The Pasha Group Employee Reviews

Too many cooks in the kitchen
Executive Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Corte Madera and RenoFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee, profit sharing for 401k
Cons: boated middle management team, health insurance is outrageous. lack of mentorship or encouragement to apply for new positions.
After having left Pasha a few years ago and being able to work with a stable Fortune 200 company the past few years, I figured I would off my honest input to how I viewed Pasha. This is just one person's view which I hope if you've been given an offer or plan to apply will offer you some general insight into Pasha.

They have a bloated management team that all seem to dislike each other, which in turn – more... makes everything turn into a bureaucratic nightmare. To be promoted it has nothing to do with how well you know your position or how well you adapt to changes. 75% of the management team will are not looking to be there long-term and don't have a vested interest in the company. Sadly there is also a lot of middle management employees who don't have the experience for the various shipping divisions they manage.

Another time they brought in USC consulting to help streamline processes. USC did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary as far as improving processes, except make positions more tedious then should of have been. When I left 18 months ago no one was using the processes USC put in place because they were redundant and beyond elementary. Then USC Consulting felt many employees were of no use to Pasha, after a 2-5 minutes interview with employee on their job ops. After several months Pasha had to hire back 35% of those employees they laid off and paid severeness to because several employees were essential to daily ops and reports.

A lot of 10+ year employees left the company out of frustration after they had brought in a new management group and to only fire the group after 6 months. The last 3 years I was there I should have left as it was a complete waste of time, but the economy was not back in swing.

They're a decent place to work if you want to learn about freight logistics, but do not plan to go far in the company as most of the management and executive positions are outside candidates who come in every year and make more redundant changes that don't need to be made---but new managers need to feel like they have to do something. It's human nature and expected.

The pay is borderline below average with benefits being average. Most people never receive raises except for cost of living at 3-5% of your salary.

The minions, or people on the floor are a mix-mash of know-it-alls and sadists who were likely bullies in grade school. They love to pull you in and talk about other employee's personal problems or political views. Not everyone is like that, but most are.

The ratio of men and women is more women. Mostly older women who seem to be beat down in life as they don't really take care of themselves in a standard procedure for your typical office enviroment. The Corte Madera is little better than the Reno office, but not by much. The Reno office is on par with Reno 911 in dress, mentality, and intelligence.

If this was a public company they'd of been purchased in the Pink Sheets a few years back, if they could even command a penny a share.

Before 2009 they were an incredible company to work for. It was only when they brought in a new management team that had the ear of the CEO. The Pasha's, from my experience are great people and knew the importance of everyone on their staff. Too bad they get bad info from a management team that is only looking to make the other managers and VP's to look bad.

Their best team members and management all left a few years back. They run mostly temporary positions and those temp positions rarely lead to a permanent hire unless you've worked there a year as a temp.

The worst part, which I only found out after I left was majority of the management team does not want to lose good employees and will make sure you do not get promoted or transfer out of your division. The nepotism of family members work there in every position gets extremely awkward and creates division among employees.

I wish nothing but the best for this small family company, but they took a wrong turn several years back and from speaking to many other ex-employees it's never been the same. Don't let this post discourage you if you get offered a position. The executive team is a great group of people. They just need to get rid of about 50% of the bloated VP's, do drug tests on some of the people on the floor, and other quit making promotional promises they can't keep.

I understand there's also a new GM in the Reno office and he's well liked. I wouldn't be surprised if he's quit by now. – less
Position that required organization & prioritizing
Claims and Storage Manager (Former Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: opportunity to thank military members daily
Cons: can my former boss see this??
I learned shipping and logistics. I learned everything can be delegated.
My co-workers were union, separate from me.

The hardest part of my job was the frustration of other people who drop the ball.

the most enjoyable was interaction with my truck drivers, giving them their B.O.L.'s and keeping the freight moving.
Good work condition except the supervisor and controller
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: bad treatment of supervisor and controller
Controller and supervisor very unfair to employees. Example: When I started nobody told me what and how to do my job. After one year the controller yelled at me why I am not doing what he likes me to do.
Other example: I developed excel spreadsheets for my work. When the supervisor started to work in the company I told her everything what I am doing and how I am doing it. She then sold my good ideas to the controller as her ideas, even the controller knew that I developed this spreadsheets.
The others working in the department had to suffer the same treatment, but the others were wonderful to work with.
Excellent Company to work for
Accountant (Current Employee), Reno, NevadaOctober 11, 2013
I have had an amazing career with The Pasha Grou
Team work enviroment
Exceptional mentors
Very nice company to work for.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 26, 2013
Pros: hour-long lunch.
Cons: can't think of any.
The day was filled with all sorts of activities relating to relocation of people all over the country. Very educational, and rarely boring.

The management has high standards for their employees and for themselves as well.
Global Transportation Company
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CADecember 26, 2012
Global Logistics Leader, worked coordinating logistics for a wide variety of shipments.
You want to work here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manager of Compensation & HRIS (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CADecember 26, 2012
I've worked for some great companies over my career, but the best of these is The Pasha Group. I have to give them this rating because that is exactly what they are. This is a family owned business that treats its employees just like that as members of the family. The pay and benefits are among the best in the area. You'll find co-workers and colleagues to be friendly, outgoing and above all, very supportive. Managers work with you and go out of the way to remove obstacles to make sure you have the tools to succeed. They want you to succeed and what's more, you'll want to succeed. This is one of those rare places where you will WANT to go the extra mile. I encourage you to find out for yourself. Join the team. There will be no regrets.
A fantastic place to work!
Director of Organizational Development & Training (Current Employee), Corte MaderaDecember 20, 2012
The Pasha Group offers the best balance of workplace characteristics that appeal to committed employees - strong values that are foundational to the success of our company; family owned with a long, rich history; diverse busness lines; competitive pay/benefits; and leaders who value employees as unique individuals.
Family-owned company comprised of good quality, hard-working folks
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CADecember 20, 2012
Pros: competitive salary, robust benefits, employs high-quality, hard-working people
Cons: long days; need to encourage work/life balance
The Pasha Group has been a family-owned company since 1947 and has cultivated over the last 65 years a culture of hard-working employees who care for each other and laugh together. The stability of this long-running company provides the security that employees and their families need during these recent years of economic instability. Our work days are often long, but the employee community is intelligent, kind-hearted and humorous; both the compensation levels and good quality people make the long days worthwhile.
Excellent place to work
Vice President - Container Sales (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CADecember 20, 2012
Pros: family culture, access, and opportunity
Pasha is an exceptional gathering of talented people who are allowed/offered a relaxed, professional, warmly supportive environment to succeed including access to top management

About The Pasha Group

The Pasha Group, a family-owned company, delivers innovative transportation and logistics services worldwide, with an unwavering – Read more

The Pasha Group Salaries