The Pavilion Employee Reviews

Fun place to work ,feels like family
Captain/Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2017
A big team world wide, it was a good experience to open for new cultures. Management was excellent really helpful with schedule ,food was good ,chef is the best at his job .
Learning Experience
Lead Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 28, 2017
Great work place to start out and get experience. You definitely have to be strong willed and show a lot of patience. You get to work with a different population of people that may not be in a normal space that you are use to. You also get to meet and work with great people that creates a helpful workplace.
Rewarding but not worth it
Milieu Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 26, 2017
The environment is stressful because there are often not enough staff to ensure the safety of the residents and staff. Pay was very low. Being able to make a difference in the lives of the children was great...
fun because I was able to attend a lot of weddings
Wedding Server (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 14, 2017
It was a family run business so it had a very comfortable feel to it, took a lot of weekends but it was fun and I got to have fun while on the clock! The experience was great
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2017
good place to work but sometimes the residents can be a little snobby but with my personality nothing really bothers me I'm always friendly to others I never expect people to treat me the same as I treat them due to the fact every individual is different.
Pros
1 lunch break
review
Assistant operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSApril 9, 2017
The company was family owed and operated. they are flexible and considerate of your work and home life. I would have loved to stay with them but found other opportunities to push me into my career.
Run, as fast as you can away from this place
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 6, 2016
The largest issue with this establishment is you have administration with business degrees, delegating treatment to clinical professionals. I agree with the other review, favoritism plays a large role in this organization sadly. However, I did feel bonded to my co workers who were not adminstration, and formed a very strong team and long term friendships with most of them. Basically you are fighting a war and you have to act as a troop...Also poorly staffed

If you're looking for an easy job this is not it. I was sent to the ER on several occasions due to injuries from patients bc administration feels it's better to let behaviors run their course at the expense of its employees.

The compensation is far from worth the stress and medical bills.

The bright side if you do work with this organization make sure to have Mercy as your supervisor, she's the only bright light of that organization. Possibly the best boss I've had by far.
Pros
Mercy as a supervisor, bonds with co workers
Cons
Adminstration, physical abuse, stress, poor compensation
This is the most difficult job you will have in your life!
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 19, 2016
You are assigned a unit to work, however you float based on staffing needs. One boy unit and two girls units. These needs are sometimes based on legitimate reasons, but will most often be due to favortisim, unproffessionalism, nepotisim and cliques.

Management is often involved with you on a daily basis. Unfortunatly , management does disciplining, and interevning when there is a problem or telling you how to better do your job, or firing you.

Co-workers come from all walks of life, however they are young and often inexperienced working with mentally ill kids which may make the job even more difficult. I found it to be cliquish while working there.

Difficulties of the job: Whistle blowing, physically restrainting mentally ill kids (ages 10 to 18), co workers who were unprofessional and inappropiate, favortism, nepotisim , random and frequent firings proved to making working here very difficult. Also having to write progress notes during times to physically supervise the children.
Pros
Outings with kids, over time
Cons
No breaks, calling off difficult, nepotisim, favortisim, being involved in physical restraints with children or adults, high stress
Beachside Family Resort close to everything and enjoyed by all.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, NJNovember 7, 2015
This is a family owned and operated beach resort that promotes 79 rooms and 14 apartments. The resort is open from May to November with many offers and getaway packages offered in the off season and a reasonable rate throughout the summer months. In addition to the prime beach and boardwalk location they have a pool, restaurant, free parking and laundry facilities. I enjoyed the family atmosphere inside and out. Great place to work and better place to visit!
Pros
Treated like part of the family and willing to go above and beyond helping.
Cons
Seasonal with very limited year round positions.