The position calls for a high-energy fundraiser. He/she will work with the VP of Development and President to play a key role in the overall strategic planning for the department and organization.
This person will work in partnership with the VP of Development to build upon and accelerate a comprehensive individual, corporate and foundation giving program.
Responsible for securing philanthropic and sponsorship support through identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, corporate and foundation funds as established in the Peace Center’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, implement and build upon the Peace Center’s annual individual, corporate/ foundation plan.
- Spearheading strategic short and long range planning.
- Works closely with the VP of Development, President and Board of Directors and senior staff to play a key role in the overall strategic planning for the department and organization.
- Prepare and/or oversee proposals/grant applications for corporate and foundation solicitations.
- Work with the regional and national corporations and foundations to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward philanthropy, major sponsorships, facility rental and tickets for clients and employees.
- Foster positive relationships in the community.
- Plan, develop and oversee individual, corporate and foundation special events for the purpose of donor cultivation.
- Collaborate with the VP of Development in preparing annual plans, budgets and measures for success for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors.
- Work in close coordination with other departments within the Peace Center to ensure all efforts and cohesively integrated.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written capabilities.
- Have the ability to set, pursue and achieve goals with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Pursue objectives in an organized and efficient manner.
- Prioritizes activities.
- Completes high quality work on time, on budget and on mission.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Raisers Edge a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years in the fundraising filed.
- A plus to have experience in the Performing Arts venue.
For over twenty years, the Peace Center for the Performing Arts has served South Carolina’s Upstate by providing the world’s finest performers, dynamic community engagement programs and by supporting local arts organizations. This mission, the Center has grown to serve 360,000 people annually through more than 600 performances, community engagement initiatives and events. Notably, these operations have made the Center a regional attraction, generating an average of $25 million of economic activity in Greenville, SC each year.
A non profit organization that supports the Performning Arts and presents the world's finest performers, provides arts education and...