The Peninsula Regent Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Human Resources Manager/Payroll (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Good location, different departments, you get to help out in different areas. Nice people to work with. The members are very interesting people with phenomenal backgrounds. You learn a lot.
Has Problems
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 10, 2013
I am currently working with the Regent. They have very good benefits, but they could use more trainings in the area of management. Some managers seem to be insecure about their skills and employment.
Benefits
Working for the Retired Residents
Sales/Assistant Director of Programs Department (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 1, 2013
A typical day at work would be interacting with the residents and their families. I learned a lot from the elderly residents their on what their needs were and how to make them comfortable in their surroundings. The hardest part of the job was making the residents happy with the food choices and changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking them out on outings which they loved.
Pros
Being with the Residents making them happy
Cons
The sadness if one of the residents passed away
Superior Residents; Luxurious Community; Value-centered Team Building Management
Membership Services Sales Executive and Realtor (Current Employee) –  San MateoFebruary 12, 2013
The Regent is the best place I have worked! Our team is centered on our core values, which is driven by the Executive Director. The Executive Director empowers department Directors to lead a team of “Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen.” The Executive Director’s open door policy is a breath of fresh air in a work environment. Our residents are a joy to serve and build lasting relationships. I would highly recommend working on the The Regent Team.
Pros
team environment, balance of work and life, building of friendships
Beautiful building; great residents; VERY bad management
nurse (Current Employee) –  Assisted LivingMarch 21, 2012
This is a very stressful place to work. The Executive Director feigns compassion and care but in reality is unclear about what she wants. She buries her team with unnecessary busy work that takes time away from important things that need to be done. Department directors are frustrated with her because she is negative about everything they do. This falls down on the staff and has us walking on glass. The director is insulting to the management team, calling them stupid right in front of other people. I only work here until I can find something else. She constantly fires department directors and uses up the new ones. I can't suggest this place as a good place to work.
Pros
the decoration is very nice
Cons
constant stressful environment, fire happy director