The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

productive
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2017
great company to work for however the under pay the mechanics and expect you to be externally productive and the management staff were not so very great
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
I love the people I work with and the company is great.
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 15, 2017
I enjoy the company and the competing however I do not like empty promises. I was promised advancement but never received it even though I have the certifications. Managers have told me to figure it out on my own and I’ve tried every which way with no success
Pros
Excellent environment.
Cons
Overworked
Decent Employees Stunted By Corporate Expectations
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJDecember 15, 2017
Managers and I worked hard to keep things running as smoothly as possible, but were consistently held back by our bosses' bosses telling us to make more money while at the same time cutting hours, cutting hiring, and wanting us to do more and more to bend over backwards for customers which limits how many people we can actually help. They tell you to drop everything you're doing to help a customer in need immediately, and then get angry when projects don't get done on time. Overall it's a stressful and toxic environment that at any point may change your job title just so they can start paying you a fraction of what they previously did, even though your responsibilities don't actually decrease.
When they settle from their merge, it should be a good place to work again
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2017
Transitional time. moving out the veterans, moving in the new companies lackeys. Used to promote from within and support internal growth. Changing their direction to outside "Snow-Flake" standards.
Great Company
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
Great place to work and I learned a lot about cars. Went in as a cashier and by the time I left for college I had already learned a lot about vehicles.
revue
speed shop mgr (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
great place to work for fun job speed shop , auto parts , tire center ,all types of service foreign & domestic . if you have the need for speed & im behind the counter you will get b est service , great prices , profit on sales
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2017
a typical day at work consist of customers coming and going service department working on cars checking out do it yourself customers pretty much assisting everyone that walks threw the door.
Pros
Cons
lack of health care
great
Retail Sales Associate Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 12, 2017
• Ensured on-time accurate deliveries to customers.
• Safely delivered auto parts by following specific routes on a on timed schedule.
• Arrived on time and ready to work.
• Proven to take directions and work well as a team member.
• Maintained a clean driving record.
Poor place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 11, 2017
The area directors are very shady. The company expects way to much from employees they pay min. wage. Business model changes often as there is no consistent CEO or owner for that matter.
working at pep boys
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2017
understaffed most of the time. good entry level job. Management turnover is high. typical day is a lot of routine maintenance (oil changes, tires and alignments.)
Fun most of the time but can get stressful
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJDecember 11, 2017
Most of the time you are helping customers, there is constantly a change in a planogram or a section in the parts room needs to be relabeled or something has to be shipped back to the warehouse. Sometimes prices are competitive and customers get frustrated about it.
Pros
Working with many people
Cons
Very Stressful when times get tough
nice work place
State Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2017
cool team cool work place job l be ready too work be ready to get your money as a lube tech lots of work lots of to be done always something to do be
Pros
many
Cons
many
Good Company
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2017
Good place to work with opportunities for advancement for those willing to put in the time and effort required. It partially depends on the shop and the applicants relationship with the other members of their team.
horrific
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 5, 2017
days were always slow, no money to make, extremely low salary below ny state minimum wage never had a day to be happy im at work doing what i love to do
Pros
lunch break were long
Cons
no paid vacation
Great place to learn
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2017
Normal day was usually under the hood of a car. Learned a lot about mechanics and vehicle functions. Great bosses. Fun place. Hardest part was dealing with tough situations.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 30, 2017
I personally thought was a good place to work with and to make good friends. I would reccomend this as a good place to meet new people and learn new skills. Also good to get involved in automotive culture.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Assistant Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2017
I have to say that i've learned a lot with Pep. My immediate supervisor is great, best I've had in a long time. But the upper managment... not so much. The Assistant CM position requires a huge amount of attention to detail, which can be stressful if that's something you struggle with. I wish I was paid more. I get the sense that there is definitely a gender pay gap.

The company is male dominated, but I feel that in automotives that's to be expected. I wish it were more diverse. The people are easy to work with and I would say overall I like it... but I don't love it.
Pros
Cafeteria and Gym on site
Cons
10 days of PTO for the year
Pepboys
Sales management/ Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 27, 2017
While working at Pepboys, I found that it was great. Especially for learning about different parts, ordering, and new cars. It was a typical work place punch in and out. The best part of the job, was the small team, you can get personal with the team, and someone will always check on you. The hardest part of the job, was the lack of coworkers, for some reason no one wants to work there. In addition, you have to round ability such as being a cashier, pulling parts, putting up parts, and delivery the parts as well. With very staff, it was difficult for a person to get things done.
Pros
Lunch brought for you, Nice hours
Cons
no lunch, little management
many incentives
Selector (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYNovember 24, 2017
very relax but fast pace enviroment. lots of incentives. schedule is pretty descent. managers and supervisiors are easy to get along with. i would go back if there was one around
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
cool place to work
Automotive technician (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 22, 2017
normal day would be to walk into the store after school, get behind the register or the parts counter and assist people either finding parts for the vehicles or ringing up people that just part from our store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.