The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

good
Sales Associate / Cashier/Driver (Former Employee) –  Crafton, PAOctober 12, 2017
good place to work while the time was given.
when hours were cut due to business it was not
good for ones family.

hours worked are good people are nice that you work with
Very good place to work
Warehouse Order Selector/Replenishment (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 12, 2017
Pepboys is great place to work. Management is willing to work with your schedule if you are in school. It is well managed from Lead to Supervisor to Manager.
Average place to work
Product Manager, Tires & Wheels (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2017
Pep boys has great potential in the industry but has never been able to convert its strength into a success. This organization has gone through several management changes which has also impacted the organization.
Great people at store level
Assistant Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2017
Like many jobs things on paper do not translate to real life. Seems like the right hand does not know what the left is doing. Only saving grace is the people I directly work with.
Pros
discount for repairs
Cons
to much to list
Not good at all
Commercial Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2017
Pay is not good.
They make you work like crazy.
As a sales associate you have to do everything in the store(sweep, mop, store fronting).
Would not recommend anyone to work here
Good co-workers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2017
This was a good place to work. I felt there wasn't much in career advancement and work loads increased as people left. Thus falling on the current employees.
Pros
Great co-workers, good benefits.
Cons
Alaways increasing work loads and unacceptable deadlines
part sales
Commercial Parts Sales (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 10, 2017
part sales ,automotive knowledge needed. interact with customers. quick pace, good working environment. decent stock of parts needed to sell. able to get time off as needed.
Fun and informative
Parts Specialist/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 9, 2017
I was a parts salesman and delivery driver.

Every day, I would load up my truck with local deliveries and return to the store to make sales and support the store.

Going to the various parts shops put me in contact with a lot of cool vendors.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Full time was hard to get
Sucked
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJOctober 9, 2017
All the employees and coworkers were cool however poor management and not enough employees to cover the department. No breaks working steady 10 hour days while other stores in the district had drivers work half days rather then full. No tips were given by any of the commercial accounts delivered to and management sucked at working with my availability due to me having another job. The pay was poor and I was terminated for being scheduled on a day I wasn’t available and not showing up for a shift.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
No breaks, poor management, scheduling, pay
Terrible Place
Assistant Manager, Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI, Warwick RI, Seekonk, MAOctober 9, 2017
Since I have nothing good to say about this place I have no intention of even describing things that hey need to improve to make the place worth even considering.
Pros
Cons
About everything
unpleasant very rude
Auto Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 7, 2017
They fired me with out a cause due to the fact a lady hit me in the company truck and I sued her for pain and suffering and the intern fired me because of it very unfair.
Pros
Cons
poor preformance
High School
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 6, 2017
It is all drama at this place. People with a lack of common sense and education are managing and taking care of customers vehicles. Lack of management and respect for employees.
It is an stress place to work there as a part time mechanic.
Tire Installer (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 6, 2017
It is sometimes a stressful place to work at most of the time as an
part time mechanic.They did not put me inside the store as for a retail position..They had immediately canceled the position. without putting me inside the store to work for an retail.
Cons
Majority of the workers are lazy
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDOctober 6, 2017
Most workers don't work together. The store manager is lazy all he does is just sit and make everyone else do his work. Some of the other workers don't help out when you are busy but only two other workers helps out when in need.
Benefits
Cons
Lazy workers, poor management, lack of communication
Fun and laid back
Overstock (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 5, 2017
It is a fun job its not hard. Mostly everyone there are friendly and they seem to care. They are not afraid to talk and crack jokes with you. The bosses are chilled as long as you are doing your job. They actually know that you are a human and human go throw things. They for the most point try to work with you when you are going throw things.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
feet hurt after all that walking in the warehouse
Nice place to work for
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CAOctober 4, 2017
It was nice to work for a company that focused on its customers. When I was first hired on my manager gave me the choice of which shift I wanted and was very easy to work for. However the pay is for someone single or just starting out. Not a mid level career.
Pros
Relaxed work enviorment
Cons
pay was on flag time
very busy and hostile work enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2017
Pep Boys is a good place for entry level mechanics to work. The job was very educational when it came to different types of cars and trucks. Auto part retailers require a very high paced work force.
Pros
Training
Cons
schedualing
I enjoyed the work and helping customers
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 4, 2017
Work hard. Play hard. Mostly work hard. You will gain plenty of experience but also thrown to the wolves. If you don't have common sense and basic knowledge of vehicles then you shouldn't work here. If the only thing you can do is change oil.. go to a quick lube place or you'll be finding a new job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Non stop work
good company great manager
Service Writer /Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAOctober 4, 2017
fast paced work dealing with customers who do"not want to wait to get car repaired and repair price had a lot of older cars and trucks that needed a lot of repair
Pros
doing a job i really liked
Cons
dealing with customers who did not want to pay bill
Busy
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA ( went out of buisness )October 2, 2017
If you like working on cars and have knowlage of cars it's a great place to wrk discounted auto parts..that was a plus and understanding s little more of how the cars work..the service department was awsome
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Not enough workers on sales floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.