The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack

The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the search
good
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Good to work for as an entry level technician. Good for college students to get a little extra cash. The people are fun to work with and great helpers.
not well managed
mechanic (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 4, 2017
Favoritism, service manager has never been a mechanic of any kind and is inexperienced when it comes to working on a vehicle.
Terrible Managers and terrible customers
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2017
Customers know how to manipulate the managers to make everything free and freely curse at us in the shop. The managers never trust us on our work with the vehicles. this place sucks the love out of the job.
very good place, but to bat management
Mechanic/tech B (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJanuary 2, 2017
good company and good place, but very wire cause low hours to work, on winter low customer come to fix his car. old shop, old machines and old manager,
Pros
lear to muchs
Cons
the whant productivity.
excellent place to work
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 30, 2016
Excellent place to work. the employees and the management are very well rounded and the services provided are very necessary to keep your vehicle running correctly and the extras were extras.
Fun
ESST-Service Technician/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Good times, good people, this was a long tim ago so review cant be most up to date. Enjoyed my time working there as it helped get me through school.
Great for Temporary Work
Automotive Repair Adviser (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 27, 2016
I was a sophomore engineering college student who loved working on cars and wanted some business and customer service experience in the same area.

There is a grey area where you can add your input on customer service/diagnostic inquiries but still insist that customers work with you to schedule repairs and verify with technicians.

Being a service writer is a great way to stay technical while also being a salesman and a worker at the parts-counter.
Pros
Great blend of technical, sales, and micromanagement experience!
Cons
Pressure from management and lack of job gowth potential
I had fun here
Technician "A" (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GADecember 27, 2016
This company was a great company to work for just not enough pay. The people that I encountered were nice and helpful. The pay scale could have been modified but never the less a good place to work.
Customer Service
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 24, 2016
Really enjoyed working with my co-workers and dealing with new customers on a day to day basis. Also learning new things everyday about cars was very intriguing to me because I love being in and around cars, its what I love to d
Pros
Discounted Parts for personal vehicles
Cons
Health insurance
promises never kept work you like a dog
Southern Arizona District Speed Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 23, 2016
Came in as a MIT with plans to take over a store. Was given a position with very little support and turns out not given time to turn the business around. NO support from upper management- they remind me of a clown outfit.
Pros
Friends to work with
Cons
Very BAD corperate management and no support
Decent place to work
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLDecember 22, 2016
As a GST the hourly rate (not including the book rate) is too low, below minimum wage to be exact which is embarrassing. Associates should be paid weekly. If you are looking to earn certifications and become a technician you will see more money. The lunch break is an hour which is great although employees should get paid for that one hour being that the hourly rate is so low.
Its a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cicero, IL 60804December 20, 2016
Its a fun place to work the staff is really friends and helpful. The mangers try to help you as best as they can and want to be fair with everyone. Overall i would recommend this company.
Fun and easy job
Assistant Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYDecember 20, 2016
You can learn a lot for this place if you are willing to. This place values employees that have been there for a long time because it tends to be that management doesn't like to train new people and tries to heavily rely on veteran employees. Once you have gotten to the point of being a veteran the place is very easy and you become very self reliant.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
not great management
Enjoyable, Low Pay.
Service advisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLDecember 15, 2016
If you work with the right guys, the job can be fun. However the pay and benefits are shameful for the responsibilities you are given. Its a door into the automotive world, but not much more than that.
Pros
Lots of down time.
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement
professional service and good workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, NYDecember 15, 2016
Skills gained were customer service , data entry, part look up, how to sell a customer. Stocked up shelves every thursday . entered info computers. Organized and keep neat
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unorganized schedule
Fun place to work.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 15, 2016
The best part about working at PepBoys was working with one another. Everyone helped out, the manager didn't just give commands they www on the floor helping out during the day. there were friendship among the employee and enjoyed working with each other.
Service Manager
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chalfont, PADecember 14, 2016
This was once the leader in the non dealership automotive repair. Once the company was taken public, increasing the bottom line was paramount and above all. After MANY attempts, the company was finally, recently acquired. I left due to family medical issues. It appears that they may have righted the ship.
very productive work place
Order Picker/Selector (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYDecember 13, 2016
some management was fair and some was tough.
it was a job that required hard sweating work, my co-workers were fair.
the hardest part of the job was the much heavy lifting and bending.
most enjoyable part of the job was lunch.
Pros
Lunch, breaks
Cons
heavy hard work
Always threating your job, No family life
Service Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 9, 2016
They threaten all Service Managers jobs all day, every day no exceptions! No family life. Always calling, they work you 5 1/2 days and it still is not good enough
Pros
vacations
Cons
working for the companys upper management
overall the job was okay
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 2, 2016
I had a good time at work, I learned how to change a tire and change oil, I learned to work on a car by myself and work in a fast paced environment. my co workers were good to work with, we had a good time. my manager was okay, we really didn't see eye to eye much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.

61%