The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack

The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

Tough sales and up-sale environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 13, 2015
Great Service Manager, gained sales knowledge as well as tire, automotive knowledge as a whole as well as how to deal with angry impatient customers. Enjoyed delivering excellent professional customer service while giving professional advice and assistance. Co-workers for the most part were cut throat. I learned from the honest ones as well as the Management to do a proper job and follow rules in a safe manner. Enjoyed selling proper product to satisfy the customer exceeding the customers expectation of customer service. Typical day at work was selling tires, automotive parts, advice and replacement options. The hardest part of the job was keeping an eye on my sales which were easily deleted and written up under someone else's name. This was hard to track and lead to my departure.
Pros
Something different everyday.
Cons
No time for breaks, insanely busy.
Good Company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2015
This place is a good company to work at. If you are willing to learn they will teach you about cars. You can learn more about the service side of cars while you work here.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative/tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the hands on experience. it taxed the mind and body.

there were issues with moral fiber among some of the management crew.
Not the best place
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Parlin, NJAugust 4, 2015
Store Managers Are great, However upper management has to be more realistic

I would most likely never work for a company like this ever again.
Pros
Co- Workers and Store Managers
Flexible hours
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
Fun workplace, a lot of PTO, great people. The environment here was fun plenty of times and the people that we worked with all had great sense of humors which made bad days into good ones.
Pros
People
Benefits
Great help
COMERCIAL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 3, 2015
I am thankful for the opportunity Pep Boys gave me. When I started working for Pep Boys I had no knowledge of cars and yet they hired me. I have learned so much with them.
Some days at work, I would start by running an inspection on the car I would use during the day and later I would start the deliveries. In other days I would run the commercial counter, answering phone calls and taking orders for the nearby mechanic shops. In many occasions the car parts have to be special ordered and keep track for excellent costumer service. I also run the weekly billing for our accounts and organize their invoices so each account understand their bill. Once a week I take care of restocking the shelves with all the merchandise that arrives from the truck.
Pep Boys' store 398 is a family, we all help each other no matter what department you work on.
Pros
Pros management is understanding.
Cons
Pep Boys doesn't compensate their employees satisfactory.
Good company and discounts on auto parts
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Typical day at the shop is, changing tires, oil and batteries. Management was cool coworkers are easy to get along with. Very fast paced environment.
Rich in History
General/Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  General ManagerJuly 30, 2015
Pep Boys has a long rich history. Over the past several years it has been a roller coaster ride. Upper Management constantly changing and views constantly changing makes it difficult. Almost to the point of confusing sometimes. I believe the company needs to promote more from within, and get a stronger Automotive Cultured Leadership team
Pros
History, Great PTO Benifits, Schedule
Cons
Upper Management, Different store to store opperation
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 27, 2015
Some days are busy, learned a lot about customer engagement, Management was poor, co-workers were awesome, Hardest part of job was not enough hours, most enjoyable part was making the customer happy.
OK job if you can handle customers that don't want to spend money on their vehicles.
Express Service and Sales Tech. (Former Employee) –  Elgin, Il.July 27, 2015
Dealing with angry customers is never fun. However, the weeks when you have a few grand in sales and take home a good commission, is pretty nice. It's hit or miss. Not a bad job, not a great job. You WILL get sick of doing oil changes.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Oil changes, some weeks you won't make much due to commission.
Not Good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2015
The company did not stand, by there words at all. They was not honest about team work. A lot of there manager are lazy for a fact
Pros
not happy
Cons
after 18 months
Great employment with good compensation
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Chester, NYJuly 26, 2015
Pep Boys is a great place to work with great employees and a wonderful staff that caters to the needs of the employees and would definitely recommend this job to anyone currently seeking employment.
1st job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2015
Learned and was given time to develop skills. Management was very
accommodating in regards to newly hired employees. Benefits was good.
Fast paced and enjoyable to exceed production demands.
Picker/Packer/Shipper/Loader (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 21, 2015
A typical day was common for me to produce 130%. The hardest part of the job was never being recognized for my performance. I did enjoy working for the company for the most part. I learned how to perform in a fast paced environment. Management never gave me trouble other than not recognizing my performance. The hardest part of the job was that I wasn't earning any more compensation for my production that was over by 150% on a weekly regular. They received weekly, a day and a half of a workers standard production and never showed me any recognition. I never complained. But my coworkers and supervisors would hold me to a higher standard than other employees. Other than that It was my favorite job and i am thankful for the experience i received. I have no hard no hard feelings.
Pros
The rutine i had gained
Cons
Being held to a higher standard
Ok place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick NJJuly 14, 2015
Pep boys can be a good place to work if upper management did there job better. The stores make alot of money but need better guidance
well known workm place
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJuly 10, 2015
Busy day at work . I have Learned more Service Advisor Technics. I also have Learned more Management Skills in the Auto Service department . Very Reliable Techs on hand . Their is no hard part of my Job . I just do what need to be done. being apart of a Large Cooperation
Pros
Advancement
Cons
LOSS of Fleet Cars
Pepboys
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NyJuly 9, 2015
Pep boys has thought me a lot about multi-tasking, the inner and outs of the car industry while working hand to hand with automotive dealers, insurance companies and other auto car parts company. I have manage the mechanics, technician, training staff while being in the top 10 in Long Island and top 5 in my district of Hicksville, long Island as a service advisor/ assistant manager.
Pros
Cars, Shop, Mechanics, working on cars and trucks.
Cons
Poor management
Sales and working on cars
Maintenance Technician/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 4, 2015
Sales and interacting with people on a daily basis. My people skills have improved greatly because of this job. Got to learn the selling process and also about working on cars. Enjoyed customer's leaving happy when we fixed their car.
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 3, 2015
Good environment! Excelent co-workers! Pep Boys company was very good customer services experiencies! the hardest part of the job is when any item if out of stock
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Vacations and pto
Typical Workplace
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2015
Overall this is a mediocre company to be with. While they offer plenty of training for employees, and even classes to attend, the employee is left to advance themselves within the company. While this may not be a bad thing, some may struggle with it. The job is quite stressful and wears quickly on you if you're not used to the conditions of a shop enviorment