The Performance Group Employee Reviews

temp agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 15, 2017
If you really need a job and don't have a lot of time to look they can help. That way you will have at least a temp job while looking for a regular job.
Great Temp Service
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2017
I had a very good experience with TPG. They placed me promptly in a field where I could get good experience and grow in the work field. Their staff is friendly and are always willing to help
Well organized temp-agency
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 28, 2017
They really have things together, easy to apply, helpful and kind, the amount of jobs available was very limited though. Still would recommend to a friend!
EXCELLENT place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 16, 2017
The best place to work!

You are expected to do your best and they assist you along the way - along with autonomy to succeed on your own.

I'm not leaving on a bad note - life circumstances are my reasons for leaving. Wish I could bring them with me!
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 6, 2017
A day at work was lots of counting of garments and loading the garments into the trailers for shipping. I learned that I can be very consistent with the large amount of garments that needed to be counted.
Good Temp Agency Overall
Lineman (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 8, 2017
They will get you a job. They will pay you on time. The pay will be low. The hours stipulated by the sourced company. They are courteous and helpful. They will not push for you to be hired on by your company.
Pros
Based on location. Performance is fine.
Cons
See above.
Provided a job when I needed it the most
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 7, 2016
Good helpful people
the job provided money but it was only a temporary job no guarantee of a full time hire position. enjoyed where I was placed
Pros
They find you a job fast
Cons
no guarantee of full time hire
Good agency
Baker (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 14, 2016
While I was at Performance group, they help me to find a job, great people and I never have any problem with them. They guide you to do a good job and if you need them they will help you.
Not so friendly
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJuly 5, 2016
Was able to get a job right away. It was a temp position keep in mind since they are a temp agency.
Once the job you get is done with THEY WILL NOT REASSIGN YOU!!!! I called at least 5 times to see if they had anything else opened and everytime I called they put me off to the side. I do not recommend going through a temp agency if you are going to get a job go directly through the company.
Cons
Do not reassign you
overall god for a partime
Temp Agency (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 23, 2016
horrible pay, but it was temp agency, overall I got a pretty good experience working at couple places, I worked fro 2 different places one was temporary for a month and the other I went there and ended up actually being hired in
Not to many jobs
Packer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 27, 2016
Not very in touch with the employees they send out to jobs. Sometimes there isn't even eye contact with the receptionist.
Satisfactory
Staffing Specialist/On-site Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 8, 2016
I really enjoyed helping so many clients at this position. It was very satisfactory and rewarding knowing that you were able to help someone change their lives in the most difficult time.
Fast-paced and interesting.
Full Time Packer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 2, 2015
Working a 10 hour work day packing bags of chips into boxes at a decently high speed. Great way to keep your math skills while working very fast and efficiently. There are a decent amount of management workers making sure to keep all employees in place to do their job. While keeping busy packing, you do have the time to work along with other wonderful employees. The hardest part is when a machine is not working properly and it tends to get a little messy. But getting the chance to enjoy the company and learn with other employees is the best part of the day.
Pros
Working with others, geting 3 breaks
Cons
Healthcare, low income, long 10 hour days standing in one spot
A great, supportive team to work with in a temporary contract position to provide customer/sales assistance for this small manufacturing business.
Inside Sales Assistant @ Three M Tool (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 8, 2015
- Days typically started with processing new purchase orders that came in via internet, phone, and fax.
- Prepared and forwarded quotes to customers.
- Answered incoming calls; directed calls when appropriate.
- Assisted customers to determine the appropriate type of product to meet their needs.
- Obtained and communicated custom order specifications with design team and manufacturing supervisor.
- Coordinated required product shipment dates with scheduler.
- Followed up with customers to respond to inquiries, resolve issues/customer concerns, and track the status of provided quotes.
- Entered information into database.
- Prepared information for team meetings.
Pros
Worked with a collaborative team, and met regularly to freely discuss business status and in-process and custom-design projects.
Cons
Leaving this interesting contracted position, just as more comprehensive knowledge about systems and products had been established.
Excellent Group Of People to Work For.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 16, 2015
Everything was fine. It was a seasonal job. Not a lot to tell. Handled and processed eggs for Sauders. I learned how to de-shell hard boiled eggs. Management was sincere and co-workers were mature.
removing the shell from the egg could be a little difficult at times.
Pros
Nice Establishment.
Cons
Seasonal work. Cold environment.
Boiler room operating standards
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PaJuly 11, 2015
Stay away! Office set up is unorganized, unprofessional and run by people who do NOT have any HR background. They specialize on candidates not fit for other agencies due to background offenses. They churn and burn all the while not having any consideration for matching better qualified candidates to assignments. Salesperson keeps posting "jobs" and they hardly ever pan out! Just stay away... Even the manager boasts about how she has it down to a science for getting rid of recruiters. Boiler room operation all the way!!!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
great workplace
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 17, 2015
inspected, serviced, repaired outgoing vehicles for transportation damage. ordered parts for vehicles, performed safety checks, reported defects to chain of command and kept inventory of vehicles in warehouse.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no benefits, temp position
pays to little
Packer/Loader (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 4, 2014
the place I was working at the line leaders were very rude to all the employee. I already knew how to assemble boxes, place chocolate product in and send on a belt. we cleaned and mope every day before leaving.
Fun faced paced job
packer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 27, 2014
This company was very helpful with helping me find a job and getting me hired on by utz.
Pros
that they helped me find a job
Excellent Company
Travel Director (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 6, 2014
As a TD with TPG ~ I love the fact that every day is different. You strive the achieve and exceed client expectations.
I really do enjoy every aspect of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Performance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Performance Group Reviews by Location