The Pet Brigade is seeking an experienced individual for a Part-time Kennel Technician to join our team at our pet care facility located on Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
Our company serves thousands of clients a year and we offer superior pet care to the JBLM community. The Pet Brigade is the only pet service facility offering pet boarding, doggie daycare, grooming, and transportation, on Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Our company is a “Joint Public Private Venture” with Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) and we are the next generation in boarding facilities for our client’s beloved pets.
This entry level position requires experience in customer service and basic pet care knowledge. Kennel Techs are responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and comfort for all of our four-legged guests. Further, the role demands an individual with the interpersonal and organizational skills to continue achieving our goals of delivering excellent client care and customer service. Currently the position is part-time with potential to change to full time – dependent on work performance and future necessity.
The Kennel Technician performs a wide range of activities related to the facility. A Kennel Technician is responsible for assisting all kennel and office staff in day to day operations, ensuring a high quality of client service, and ensuring an efficient operation of the kennel.
Skills and Qualifications
- MUST pass background check consisting of criminal and employment history.
- MUST be willing to work flexible hours.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of pet care basics - dog grooming experience a plus
- Requires an individual with attention for detail strong and strategic thinking skills
- Professional behavior and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group of employees, suppliers, clients, and government liaisons.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and deal with changing priorities.
- Perform activities related to the day to day operation of the kennel - Cleaning, handling diverse breeds of dogs and cats, pet care needs (feeding, medication, exercises, attention, etc.),and greeting/conversing with clients
- Work with Management to ensure that Company goals, policies, procedures, and directives are being properly implemented into the Company.
- Positively represent The Pet Brigade in the professional community, to the general public, and to military personnel.
- Pay: minimum wage starting point.
- Personal pet care and retail discounts at our facility.
- Assortment of Aflac Supplemental Benefits available
This position requires: Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, ability to lift up to 50 lbs, knowledge of dog behavior, reliable transportation, and a flexible schedule. Must be 18 years or older. This description does not detail all job responsibilities preformed