The Phoenix Group Employee Reviews

Their bite was actually WORSE than their bark...
Employee (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 6, 2017
Don't let this company fool you. They are all talk about improvement, advancement, opportunity...a great facade.

Advancement in many departments is next to impossible. Either someone has to quit, or someone has to get let go. Raises were a low percentage at absolute best. Even at that rate, the pay for the amount of work and stress you take on is terrible.

To put it shortly, it's a very political place. Your job could go at the drop of a hat. Even if you were an awesome employee who was invaluable to the company. I left voluntarily. I did not wish to be part of a company that would treat their employees so poorly. They would ask for feedback, but when it was given, there was no action taken to correct the many issues.

I could no longer take the facade. I had to leave.

I repeat - Do not be fooled!
Pros
Employee Celebration, Occasional BBQ/potluck/ice cream
Cons
Everything Else
Not a good place to work
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 30, 2017
Job security is terrible place to work they use employees to get what they want and when they get what they want they will fire you for no concrete reason but just tell every one they are simply doing budget cuts.
Could be a good place but its not
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 29, 2017
To many favorites and manager wrongdoings and errors are pushed under the rug. Too many pushovers. Also the owner himself never makes walkthru's or talk to the staff about any problems.
Not a good place to work
Deployment Technician (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOFebruary 9, 2017
BAD!!! company very unorganized, managers are lost and don't have a clue what they are doing. Take my advise stay away!! Don't be fooled by what they tell you..
Pros
Some of the people are cool
Cons
Micro managing, back stabbers, no room for advancement unless your a woman
My own property management and real estate company
Owner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCDecember 19, 2016
There were no typical days. Everyday was different.
I learned about the business of working with the public, following my gut instinct and always working with integrity.
When you are the management you learn how to manage effectively.
My subcontractors and office workers learned the culture of hard work and treating others like they would be treated.
Hardest part of the job was eviction.
Most enjoyable part of the job was matching the tenant or prospective buyer to the perfect home.
Pros
Owning my own business that was very successful
Cons
Dealing with evictions. There were only a few. Evictions are difficult
Fun while it lasted, sad ending.
Encryption Team (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 23, 2016
I worked the evening shift 1:30-10PM, At the beginning I was offered to work plenty of hours and training was done on the spot. Mistakes we're made but were forgiven easily as long as you isolated the situation before you made the order to deployment and shipping. We had terminals and would enter proper information for each client. As I am unable to go details further. Due to safety of the customers.

However what concerns me is this company would have free meals, bbqs, they were fun and great for the employees. I noticed they were laying off employees and letting people go weekly without any communication or giving the employee a chance to know why they were bring letting go. The employees that were my equals were great to work with however I saw fear in their eyes everyday I worked with them. I had some great trainers. When I spoke up and attempted to speak to a manager they would make an excuse and brush me off.

How I was handled was very unprofessional, I was not aware of a mistake because the rules were not established or known to me. I was told over the phone that I lied about a policy a day after I offered my badge to Human Resources waiting in a room for the Shop Manager to talk to me for a good 20 minutes before I was asked to clock out and go. I complied and wished all my co workers good luck to which they would not contact me back out of fear that their observation lead may terminate them as well. I was not aware wearing a watch was against the rules. Which is sad because I was let go for the first time in my life. I met some great peers and I hope they
  more... don't experience the same fate or the find another job and move on. However even though I endured this experience I bounced back a week later with a new job closer to home.

If the leadership of the Phoenix Group changes and they get some people that really know how to talk to people they turn over issue could be fixed. Striking the fear into employees because they question, or have a mind of their own is not the way to go. The fact that the shop manager couldn't even talk to me shows how reverse the company is.. Not all people are bad they just have to know how to talk and communicate.

However I recommend the CEO, In the few times I have met him I've talked to him more than any of the direct management. He is a good person and I believe if he observed some of the behaviors in the his warehouse in Missouri he would be surprised how most of the situations are handled and that they could be done better. As they are the owners of Foxpaw and they have a headquarters in Canada as well. They are one of the leading Credit Card encryption companies in the world.

I believe the turnover is away of saving money when their busy season ends as the job isn't too hard to figure out in a couple of weeks for a new employee. I've seen invoices which I won't go into detail but they make good money there and it's because they are one of the leading companies.

I wish luck to those who pursue working there long term. Those who don't I did learn a lot in the shortime I was there.
Pros
Monday-Friday Schedule, Great Trainers, Good Money in Overtime when it's available
Cons
Leadership, Lack of Communication, Open Mindedness, Scared employees
Waste of time sweat box!!!!
Encryption (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 2, 2016
Sweat box and waste of time. I think it is illegal to work in those kind of conditions. Minimum pay plus management is annoying as H***.
Pros
freeze pops
Cons
The Phoenix Group itself
No room to grow within the company
Encryption Technician (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJuly 20, 2016
No room to grow within the company, it was my time to go. Lots of unprofessional people and others were late for their shifts which then effected your work and hours.
Employment info
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 17, 2016
Poor management and HR is the reason this company is going down hill. They make promises they don't keep. Never know if you will have a job the next day when you come in. Constantly pulling you to fill other positions. Wages do not make sense. New employees start out in same position making close or more then someone who has been there for years. Jack you around on your reviews. Very disorganized. Use to be a pretty good company to work for but seems like it's going down hill fast. Needs better management . Management that cares about their employees. Owner seems clueless or just don't care on how his long term employees are treated.
Pros
Co workers are nice to work with. Kinda like an extended family.
Cons
Everything I already mentioned.
The Phoenix Group was a positive experience
Operations/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 29, 2015
Mike Castle, President, was pleasant to work for and gave me the opportunity to acquire experience managing a variety of residential and commercial properties. I enjoyed developing a positive rapport with co-workers, tenants, and homeowners, and vendors. The company offered flexibility which supported a healthy work environment.
Pros
Small Office
Cons
n/a
Dynamic agency with great support and co-workers.
Counseling Center Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Elida, OHOctober 21, 2015
The Phoenix Group was an exciting agency with professionals that complimented each other with a wealth of knowledge and support.
Pros
The training, the proactive approach to implementing therapeutic foster care services.
Cons
The agency was short lived due to cities wanting to buy the program for implementation.
very good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
a very good atmosphere, still will be working here as my heart is set within this field and can grow, however any part time vacancies i would be interested in.
learning enviorment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Battleboro NCMarch 31, 2015
Started as an assembler. Advanced to shop floor supervisor. As supervisor I was involved with daily production and scheduling.
Professional and easy to work with.
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2015
I found my experience with the Phoinix Group to be respectful and an environment that welcomed new ideas and solutions to varied projects and issues.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not any that I could think of.
Great Company
LEAD RECRUITER FOR CENTRAL & SOUTH FLORIDA (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 6, 2014
Alex and his team are probably some of the best people to work with.
laid back place
Pqm inspector (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCAugust 11, 2014
fun
easy
managers nice
great co workers
you can depend on.
lots of work for you to do
Great Place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 2, 2014
Assemble work on credit card machines. I learned all the different types of credit machines used out in the field. I checked in used equipment and made sure all parts where on the machine and ready to ship out to the customer.

Hardest part of the job - getting to know all the different types of machines and what parts went on them. I had NO idea there was so many different types of credit card machines.

It was a very nice atmosphere to work in, great management and co-workers
Pros
work part time and was able to get off between 12 - 3 pm. Close to home.
Productive workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 1, 2013
I would love to work for this company again. This company really knows what they are doing. The stress level while I worked this job was almost none. The only time that we had problems I would have to say would be when we had to redo a complete order because people were talking while fulfilling the order.
The people and management are excellent.
Deploy Tech/File Builder (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 30, 2013
There's really nothing bad I can say about this place except there's little to no advancement, and the pay is lower than you'd like.

Management and co-workers are as top-notch as one could hope for.

The warehouse workers do not get air-conditioning or heat-based incentives and it will get 110 degrees during the hot times and humidity adds to the misery.

End of the month was always a busier time, but never hard. Plus working with the group there you'd hardly notice as your (almost) always having a great time.
Pros
Good benefits for families, fun work environment, surrounded by great people
Cons
Don't expect to make 30k/yr unless you're management
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2013
Great place to work. Very little supervision as everyone takes initiative. Co workers are great and can be very helpful. Hours can be a normal 40 hour work week all the way up to an 80 hour work week depending on the work that is coming in and out of the warehouse.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Phoenix Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6