The PIC Group Employee Reviews in United States

In need of a job
Insspector/assembler (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIMarch 17, 2016
Worked in assembly. Assembled different parts on machines. Usually grouped by jobs.

Learned different assembly tooling operations. Able to surpassed quotas.

Management: I really have no idea!! No real directions on how to perform job operations. SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) were not readily available for each assembly job. Asked for standard production numbers for each job and I get different answers. Example: How many cases for a listed job assembly? Manager = 36, Supervisor = 40. Where are they pulling these numbers from? No one can answer that? Anyways, I did 44 cases per 12 hour shift.

Co-workers were great!! They taught me how to assemble for each job. This was the supervisors job - didn't happen.

Hardest part was not knowing what standard production numbers were and getting bad parts from inspection which slowed down assembly due to the assembler (me) having to FIX that part before assembly. Then the supervisor complains we did not meet production numbers (whatever they were). Imagine a normal assembly of 1600 parts - production falls to 800 to 1200 due to trying to fix and rejecting 100+ parts.

Enjoyable: being productive and NOT having to collect welfare!!!
Pros
Great co-workers, being productive
Cons
Low pay, management, long hours
Slave work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2015
I do not recommend anyone to work for the Huntsville area PIC Group. Toyota plant specifically.If you do, I hope you don't have a family to spend time with.
It was not the worst job in world. just boring and slow.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INNovember 22, 2015
I did not like going to work there and then sitting at a table all night. If you were not on the line. Id rather stay busy. They hire tons of people and then send most of them home within hours
Pros
nice supervisors.
Cons
the job was slow and boring when you was not online.
Nightmare: Run like Temp Svc, Bulling Staff, No hours, Etc
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Several placeOctober 11, 2015
I was told I was being hired full time for Toyota.
They're not Toyota. They are hidden in the corner of Toyota.
The lies:
They don't give 40 hours, they schedule you off one day a week or more

They don't properly train, yet yell at you when you mess up.

There is no job, they shove you wherever someone is absent and then when your scheduled day off or sick day comes, someone takes your spot, etc.

If you ever miss a day, including the day they Schedule you off .. you lose your job placement and are benched.

Benched: You clean their part of the factory and then go home: for however many days until Toyota has more work for them.

Favorites: They're friends always have work.

Staff: Where to begin. This Co exists because Co's like Toyota need a revolving door of people. There is no permanence or stability to the situation. It's operated like a temp agency. Mismanaged, Bullying young staff, Mostly angry women, but there's also One guy that's a complete pervert. Was asking me intimate questions while training me until I told him to stop.

Toyota: Toyota people are not happy your there. You're not allowed to talk to them or look at them and they make fun of you because you're wearing a hideous outfit - hard hat, goggles, earplugs, black apron, orange vest and gloves.

The Pic Group lost their contract with Toyota in one of their buildings and another Company was hired. They are on thin ice.

The entire situation is beyond awkward and uncomfortable

I'm Q.A. now at another Company here, with an actual job and I get 40 plus hours per week. I can only thank
  more... God I had the guts to walk out the door. Some people I knew are still there, cleaning the factory.  less
Fun to work at
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MISeptember 1, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company had good training and good people to work with. the job was challenging and rewarding the management was excellent hardest part of the jobs was locating the work place
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
Inspecting car parts
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2015
This job was one of my favorite. I've never work with such and amazing group of people. I made a decent amount of money working there and never dreaded getting out of bed to go. Inspecting car parts had never seemed so interesting. If I had the opportunity to work with this company again I definitely would love to.
Good review
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MIJuly 3, 2015
Work was good and sometimes hectic but busy. Management was fine , surroundings are good. Sometimes other employees get to be complaining and lazy but resolved the issues, systems needed to be changed with Chrysler help. Biggest problem is unionized and non-union workers were working side by side became a problem. Overall, PIC Group needs to increase the pay scale to keep their workers .
Pros
attitude, management, busy working and easy work
Cons
experienced management, union versus non-union employees
Great set of task associated with my position there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 24, 2015
My task were good, high level for my position and there was opportunity for advancement and career growth. Great office environment.
Pros
Short commute from home, lots of lunch options
Its a productive and great work place, it keeps me on my toes and learning new things daily.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Trenton,MIJune 16, 2015
It is a good learning experience. I am learning the car literally from the inside out. The job is not hard at all, its very easy and keeps you on your feet at all times.
Pros
We get a lot of free time.
Cons
We have a split schedule which doesn't allow us to see a full 80hours.
No benifits, no insurance, no yearly evaluations
Supplier Quality Technician/Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  vw of chattanoogaJune 3, 2015
I love being in quality assurance but the company i work for offers no benifits, no insurance, no raises as promised. I need to move on and find a company that will appreciate my leadership skills and ability to work with people.
nice work place
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  shelby townshipMay 22, 2015
Go in at 5-6 in the morning and getting to my station and learned new parts for the car management were nice and worked with us very well my coworkers I got along with very well hardest part of the job was getting rushed at the last minute but I took it well the best part were we just enjoy each others company and work getting along with others
Its a good job, the upper management does not do their job very well but hey what can I do
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 11, 2015
I would go into work on the first day. Get trained on what I am inspecting and what to look for. Then do it for the rest of the day. The job was really not hard. The hardest thing that I did was dealing with the turnover rate for some of the places I worked. A lot of the time people would not show up and I would have to fix the problem on my feet. Which is not an issue. But the upper management is awful.
Pros
good job, easy money.
Cons
upper management
fun and productive environment
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHMay 6, 2015
this job provided a fun and productive environment.
I worked side by side with management each day.
I learned quality inspection for glass for automobiles.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
no health care available
Good short term, not career unless in right location
LEAD HAND (Current Employee) –  MidwestApril 27, 2015
The company is laid back and overall could be a great career however it is a 3rd party company that relies on "contracts". hourly pay is not great however the compensation for drive time, and all the little stuff makes up for it.

Job Work/Life Balance- you only know your hours if the contract that you got hired for is a large site that will last otherwise it is always based on daily basis

Job Security/Advancement- you NEVER know when your contract is up till the day of.

Management- Team work is everything, which is always good.

Overall rating* is low due to not able to make a career, and having stable work life.
Quality Inspection
Automotive Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 27, 2015
I had to pull inventory from the finish goods area and prepare to perform visual inspection on various automotive parts. I also collected and recorded data regarding defects,tag and isolate defective material and communicated results to manger or supervisor.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare
I liked the staff and how well they listened.
inspector (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 15, 2015
I would start with staff meeting, find out the order that was to be inspected, the supervisor would show us the problems to look for and we would start inspecting. If I traveled to other assignments I would be given the issues with the parts by the supervisor of the assigned plant and I would then write up instructions on what too look for, the boundaries in which our criteria would be met, and if things changed i would make changes to our instructions and imform all my coworkers. I loved inspecting andd trying to help companies with their product.
Pros
loved traveling and the feeling that i could keep the company from passing bad parts to the consumer
Cons
i didnt like how my supervisor really wasnt attentive when i needed assurance about my instructions.
I found this is not a very good place to work.
Inspector/ sorter (Former Employee) –  ChattanoogaFebruary 11, 2015
I started work with the PIC Group in Chattanooga, TN. I thought it was going to be a nice place to work because it was at the Volkswagon plant. The night shift supervisor was very rude. One night I heard him tell a worker to "take your @@@ home". At times he would come up to me and state that I was not working fast enough. I told him I am meeting quota and he said that's minimum and that we pay you more than minimum wage. On another night A second supervisor called me over to ask about a task and after I answered her My supervisor told me to turn around and walk away.
Later on that night I was assigned a different task. I did not fully understand what to do and it seemed like he didn't want to be bothered. He old me to go sit my @@@ down. At that point I collected my things and went home. I have a very good work history to include over 20 years in the U.S. Air Force and have never been treated like this.
Pros
working at the volkswagon plant
Cons
the pic group needs better trained leaders
Great Job for someone that wants Part-Time Work
Inspector/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Great Job, never a dull moment, always meeting new people, traveling to different places, never inspecting the same thing for a very long period of time. To me, I just need more hours per week. As for Management, these are some of the best and smartest people you will ever meet, they get you all the materials you will need to get the job done. Co-workers are good, professional, and kind people to work with, most usually know what has to be done. The hardest part of the job is going into a place and getting set up, some places don't have a lot of space for us to do our job, and then there are people thinking that you are going to take their job because you are inspecting their work, all part of being an Inspector I guess. The most Enjoyable part of the job is when the job is finished and you know that everyone is satisfied. Then its on to the next experience, meet more new people, and learn a different job.
Pros
usually good hours, when you do work
Cons
health-care, sometimes no break
Don't do it
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Shelby TownshipJanuary 10, 2015
This is a horrible place to work. They treat you like Dirt worse than Dirt they will beat you down some of the Perk's can be great but they will beat you down to the ground one mistake they email the entire company and celebrate your mistake. They are negative people they will take you out for drinks in use whatever you say against you. Awful awful awful awful company. Everybody gets to push you around .They are Evil...
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
everything about this company
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Working for several automotive companies. Sorting and inspecting car parts.

2.7