The PIC Group Employee Reviews

Terrible
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 21, 2016
I have been working since I was 15 and in the last 15 years this is the worst company to work for well in ohio. Supervisors are terrible most not knowing the difference in a good part and a bad part. Very disrespectful I have never seen someone who is older act so childish. I wouldn't mine working if they would have better supervisors. I understand that all jobs are like this but I can say I have worked fast food and I would rather deal with hateful customers than deal with what I and other coworkers dealt with
Cons
Poor management
It was a good experience.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work was a good. I learned a lot from my supervisor. Management was okay. Co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was being on call. The most enjoyable part of the job was working to provide for my family.
Pros
Working at different sites
Cons
Not getting to work enough
Quality Inspection
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 3, 2016
At first it seemed like it'd be a good temporary job until something better came along, but everyday.. anything and everything was unorganized and the Management was horrible, they'd tell you one thing on this day and the next would be completely opposite.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Management, No Healthcare
In need of a job
Insspector/assembler (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIMarch 17, 2016
Worked in assembly. Assembled different parts on machines. Usually grouped by jobs.

Learned different assembly tooling operations. Able to surpassed quotas.

Management: I really have no idea!! No real directions on how to perform job operations. SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) were not readily available for each assembly job. Asked for standard production numbers for each job and I get different answers. Example: How many cases for a listed job assembly? Manager = 36, Supervisor = 40. Where are they pulling these numbers from? No one can answer that? Anyways, I did 44 cases per 12 hour shift.

Co-workers were great!! They taught me how to assemble for each job. This was the supervisors job - didn't happen.

Hardest part was not knowing what standard production numbers were and getting bad parts from inspection which slowed down assembly due to the assembler (me) having to FIX that part before assembly. Then the supervisor complains we did not meet production numbers (whatever they were). Imagine a normal assembly of 1600 parts - production falls to 800 to 1200 due to trying to fix and rejecting 100+ parts.

Enjoyable: being productive and NOT having to collect welfare!!!
Pros
Great co-workers, being productive
Cons
Low pay, management, long hours
I would not recommend the pic group in huntsville, al- toyota site
lead hand (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 3, 2016
Upper management is awful! They barely show up to site. Lie on employees to protect themselves and make themselves look better. Hostile work environment. Was an absolute awful experience!
Pros
none I can think of
Cons
awful upper management, hostile work environnment
Good short term, not career unless in right location
LEAD HAND (Current Employee) –  MidwestApril 27, 2015
The company is laid back and overall could be a great career however it is a 3rd party company that relies on "contracts". hourly pay is not great however the compensation for drive time, and all the little stuff makes up for it.

Job Work/Life Balance- you only know your hours if the contract that you got hired for is a large site that will last otherwise it is always based on daily basis

Job Security/Advancement- you NEVER know when your contract is up till the day of.

Management- Team work is everything, which is always good.

Overall rating* is low due to not able to make a career, and having stable work life.
Great place
Lead Hand I (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIDecember 5, 2016
Great upbeat company supplying some of the best people to inspect automotive parts and make sure everything is properly handled
Pros
GREAT COMPANY
Cons
ROTATING SITES
Quality Inspections
Quality (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 24, 2016
3 rd. party quality inspection / jobs may last a few hours a few days / a few weeks / a few months / no guarantee of 40 hrs. / job location changes sometime daily / pack a lunch.
Not Enough hours per week!
Qaulity inspector (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INJanuary 23, 2013
Good place to work if you just want a job and no advancement. It isn't like you going to advance far or getting enough money to survive on a month, but you can at least use it as a stepping stone and find something a little more permanent while you work!

Off 3 or more days and don't get hardly any overtime.
Management is good when push comes to shove.
Driving to work everyday.
Pros
work experience, different jobs everyday
Cons
under 40 hours a week, always sending people home early or asking for volunteers!
No benifits, no insurance, no yearly evaluations
Supplier Quality Technician/Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  vw of chattanoogaJune 3, 2015
I love being in quality assurance but the company i work for offers no benifits, no insurance, no raises as promised. I need to move on and find a company that will appreciate my leadership skills and ability to work with people.
hotstyle work environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Township of Shelby, SDApril 20, 2013
No advancement for employees from within or wage increase. a typical day at work is no communication between management. I learned how to not trust or rely on others to educate you about you job duties. Management allowed the older employees to dictate how,when and where to place newer employees. Co-workers were a bunch of back-biters, unpleasant to work with. Hardest part of job, the older employees. I enjoyed working alone.
Great work place for people who like to travel
Lead Hand, Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 27, 2012
A typical day at work was safety first and making sure everyone was at there desired duty station performing task. I've learned that leading a group of people to want more and strive more in the work place is not that difficult. Management team was excellent.
Pros
had great benefits package and travel
Cons
shortbreaks
Good review
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MIJuly 3, 2015
Work was good and sometimes hectic but busy. Management was fine , surroundings are good. Sometimes other employees get to be complaining and lazy but resolved the issues, systems needed to be changed with Chrysler help. Biggest problem is unionized and non-union workers were working side by side became a problem. Overall, PIC Group needs to increase the pay scale to keep their workers .
Pros
attitude, management, busy working and easy work
Cons
experienced management, union versus non-union employees
poor management
lead hand (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 1, 2014
Poor management, bad pay, sometimes hostile work condition, no safety training for employees. Manager will lie and throw lead hands under the bus! Will fire employees for no reason. Write up procedures are a joke. Favorite employees are allowed to break all the rules and others will pay the price. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, lack of work, poor management
Its a good job, the upper management does not do their job very well but hey what can I do
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 11, 2015
I would go into work on the first day. Get trained on what I am inspecting and what to look for. Then do it for the rest of the day. The job was really not hard. The hardest thing that I did was dealing with the turnover rate for some of the places I worked. A lot of the time people would not show up and I would have to fix the problem on my feet. Which is not an issue. But the upper management is awful.
Pros
good job, easy money.
Cons
upper management
Great Job for someone that wants Part-Time Work
Inspector/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Great Job, never a dull moment, always meeting new people, traveling to different places, never inspecting the same thing for a very long period of time. To me, I just need more hours per week. As for Management, these are some of the best and smartest people you will ever meet, they get you all the materials you will need to get the job done. Co-workers are good, professional, and kind people to work with, most usually know what has to be done. The hardest part of the job is going into a place and getting set up, some places don't have a lot of space for us to do our job, and then there are people thinking that you are going to take their job because you are inspecting their work, all part of being an Inspector I guess. The most Enjoyable part of the job is when the job is finished and you know that everyone is satisfied. Then its on to the next experience, meet more new people, and learn a different job.
Pros
usually good hours, when you do work
Cons
health-care, sometimes no break
Fun to work at
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MISeptember 1, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company had good training and good people to work with. the job was challenging and rewarding the management was excellent hardest part of the jobs was locating the work place
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
It was not the worst job in world. just boring and slow.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INNovember 22, 2015
I did not like going to work there and then sitting at a table all night. If you were not on the line. Id rather stay busy. They hire tons of people and then send most of them home within hours
Pros
nice supervisors.
Cons
the job was slow and boring when you was not online.
It was a fun place to work
Third party inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2013
Did inspection for different companies I learned to inspect parts and management were very helpful when needed. The workers helped when needed.The hardest part of the job was not having any work
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breks
Pic group inc.
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Shelby.MiJune 27, 2012
I MOSTLY WORKED BY MYSELF. FILLED OUT DATA SHEETS.INSPECT 100 TO 1.000S OF PARTS. IF THE PARTS CAN BE REWORKED ITS DONE.NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE.ALL PIC PEOPLE CAN NOT DO THE SAME JOB.S IF YOU HAVE A BACKGROUND IN Fab,or Machine program/process.

Also I know that just not anyone is sent or called to a prototype shop.to fix parts.so I was bless to work with Nissan.Ford.GM.an Chrysler.
management. to many people thinking of them self. but they did clean house!.
the team work is job 1. everyone works well and others meaning new people pickup fast.
there none unless you come into a place where no one knows where the parts are.
what I love most about this job is knowing when these pats are added to a car or truck my mark is on it.
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The PIC Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6