The PIC Group Employee Reviews

Inspecting car parts
quality inspector (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2015
This job was one of my favorite. I've never work with such and amazing group of people. I made a decent amount of money working there and never dreaded getting out of bed to go. Inspecting car parts had never seemed so interesting. If I had the opportunity to work with this company again I definitely would love to.
Good review
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Trenton, MIJuly 3, 2015
Pros: attitude, management, busy working and easy work
Cons: experienced management, union versus non-union employees
Work was good and sometimes hectic but busy. Management was fine , surroundings are good. Sometimes other employees get to be complaining and lazy but resolved the issues, systems needed to be changed with Chrysler help. Biggest problem is unionized and non-union workers were working side by side became a problem. Overall, PIC Group needs to increase the pay scale to keep their workers .
Great set of task associated with my position there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 24, 2015
Pros: Short commute from home, lots of lunch options
My task were good, high level for my position and there was opportunity for advancement and career growth. Great office environment.
Its a productive and great work place, it keeps me on my toes and learning new things daily.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Trenton,MIJune 16, 2015
Pros: We get a lot of free time.
Cons: We have a split schedule which doesn't allow us to see a full 80hours.
It is a good learning experience. I am learning the car literally from the inside out. The job is not hard at all, its very easy and keeps you on your feet at all times.
No benifits, no insurance, no yearly evaluations
Supplier Quality Technician/Project Specialist (Current Employee), vw of chattanoogaJune 3, 2015
I love being in quality assurance but the company i work for offers no benifits, no insurance, no raises as promised. I need to move on and find a company that will appreciate my leadership skills and ability to work with people.
nice work place
Quality inspector (Former Employee), shelby townshipMay 22, 2015
Go in at 5-6 in the morning and getting to my station and learned new parts for the car management were nice and worked with us very well my coworkers I got along with very well hardest part of the job was getting rushed at the last minute but I took it well the best part were we just enjoy each others company and work getting along with others
Its a good job, the upper management does not do their job very well but hey what can I do
Inspector (Former Employee), Findlay, OHMay 11, 2015
Pros: good job, easy money.
Cons: upper management
I would go into work on the first day. Get trained on what I am inspecting and what to look for. Then do it for the rest of the day. The job was really not hard. The hardest thing that I did was dealing with the turnover rate for some of the places I worked. A lot of the time people would not show up and I would have to fix the problem on my feet. Which is not an issue. But the upper management is awful.
fun and productive environment
Parts Inspector (Former Employee), Bellefontaine, OHMay 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no health care available
this job provided a fun and productive environment.
I worked side by side with management each day.
I learned quality inspection for glass for automobiles.
Good short term, not career unless in right location
LEAD HAND (Current Employee), MidwestApril 27, 2015
The company is laid back and overall could be a great career however it is a 3rd party company that relies on "contracts". hourly pay is not great however the compensation for drive time, and all the little stuff makes up for it.

Job Work/Life Balance- you only know your hours if the contract that you got hired for is a large site that will last otherwise it is always based on daily basis

Job Security/Advancement- you NEVER know when your contract is up till the day of.

Management- Team work is everything, which is always good.

Overall rating* is low due to not able to make a career, and having stable work life.
Quality Inspection
Automotive Quality Inspection (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: healthcare
I had to pull inventory from the finish goods area and prepare to perform visual inspection on various automotive parts. I also collected and recorded data regarding defects,tag and isolate defective material and communicated results to manger or supervisor.
I liked the staff and how well they listened.
inspector (Former Employee), West Chester, OHFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: loved traveling and the feeling that i could keep the company from passing bad parts to the consumer
Cons: i didnt like how my supervisor really wasnt attentive when i needed assurance about my instructions.
I would start with staff meeting, find out the order that was to be inspected, the supervisor would show us the problems to look for and we would start inspecting. If I traveled to other assignments I would be given the issues with the parts by the supervisor of the assigned plant and I would then write up instructions on what too look for, the boundaries in which our criteria would be met, and if things changed i would make changes to our instructions and imform all my coworkers. I loved inspecting andd trying to help companies with their product.
I found this is not a very good place to work.
Inspector/ sorter (Former Employee), ChattanoogaFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: working at the volkswagon plant
Cons: the pic group needs better trained leaders
I started work with the PIC Group in Chattanooga, TN. I thought it was going to be a nice place to work because it was at the Volkswagon plant. The night shift supervisor was very rude. One night I heard him tell a worker to "take your @@@ home". At times he would come up to me and state that I was not working fast enough. I told him I am meeting quota and he said that's minimum and that we pay you more than minimum wage. On another night A second supervisor called me over to ask about a task and after I answered her My supervisor told me to turn around and walk away.
Later on that night I was assigned a different task. I did not fully understand what to do and it seemed like he didn't want to be bothered. He old me to go sit my @@@ down. At that point I collected my things and went home. I have a very good work history to include over 20 years in the U.S. Air Force and have never been treated like this.
Great Job for someone that wants Part-Time Work
Inspector/Quality Control (Current Employee), Lincolnton, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: usually good hours, when you do work
Cons: health-care, sometimes no break
Great Job, never a dull moment, always meeting new people, traveling to different places, never inspecting the same thing for a very long period of time. To me, I just need more hours per week. As for Management, these are some of the best and smartest people you will ever meet, they get you all the materials you will need to get the job done. Co-workers are good, professional, and kind people to work with, most usually know what has to be done. The hardest part of the job is going into a place and getting set up, some places don't have a lot of space for us to do our job, and then there are people thinking that you are going to take their job because you are inspecting their work, all part of being an Inspector I guess. The most Enjoyable part of the job is when the job is finished and you know that everyone is satisfied. Then its on to the next experience, meet more new people, and learn a different job.
Don't do it
Recruiter (Former Employee), Shelby TownshipJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: everything about this company
This is a horrible place to work. They treat you like Dirt worse than Dirt they will beat you down some of the Perk's can be great but they will beat you down to the ground one mistake they email the entire company and celebrate your mistake. They are negative people they will take you out for drinks in use whatever you say against you. Awful awful awful awful company. Everybody gets to push you around .They are Evil...
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Working for several automotive companies. Sorting and inspecting car parts.
Better Communication Skills
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), New Bern, NCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: payed brakes
Cons: n/a
While working for The Pic Group its ability to communicate was not what I expected. When finishing up with assignment, they don't place you with another job as quick as they should. The most enjoyable part of the job would be communicating with your co-workers.
The Pic Group is a 3rd party containment company
Lead Hand, at BASF, Cellasto plant (Current Employee), Wyandotte, MIDecember 17, 2014
Pros: freedom to suggest changes and have them explored with out immediately being dismissed
Cons: not employed long enough to assess any cons yet.
Typical day is started by talking with the Midnight Lead Hand and discussing issues or changes that occurred. I learned how to transition the midnite work and to flow it into the days shift work. Management are always able to be contacted for help or input.
A good starter job
Inspector (Current Employee), San AntonioNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: inconsistent hours, and not financially stable
Overall I did enjoy my experience, I made a bunch of friends and work environment is friendly. A normal day is come in write paper work of all the items we were checking and wait till the drivers drop off the parts for us to check. I enjoyed how everyone communicated and we were funny and always had a good attitude, the hardest part is working 12 hours a day for months with hardly anytime for yourself outside of work until the weekends not unless you work on Saturdays.
poor management
lead hand (Former Employee), Kokomo, INOctober 1, 2014
Cons: no benefits, lack of work, poor management
Poor management, bad pay, sometimes hostile work condition, no safety training for employees. Manager will lie and throw lead hands under the bus! Will fire employees for no reason. Write up procedures are a joke. Favorite employees are allowed to break all the rules and others will pay the price. Worst company I ever worked for.
Laid Back and Well Managed
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Formet, St. ThomasSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free unlimited coffee & juice, very laid-back, good atmosphere, flexible hours, low stress
Cons: sometimes nothing to do for an hour at a time, doesn't pay well enough to start a family, poor communication protocols
As an inspector with PIC Group, my first week was a lot less stressful than I was expecting. The job usually consists of picking up a 3-8 pound part, looking carefully at each side, and giving it to one of the team members we call a Packer. They then mark it with a pen, put it neatly in the box, and waits for the next part. There is usually 3-4 of you, and we usually get the same people doing the packing every night, but if we feel like it, at any point, we can say "Hey, I feel like packing today. Mind if I take over for the night?".

When you go for orientation, everything sounds big and confusing. I've been to Contractor Orientation twice at Formet, and I can say, they blow it way out of proportion. If you want to remember anything from the 30 minute orientation you will have to do on the first day, it's "Be safety-conscience". Make sure you follow safety rules at all times - they are there for a reason. It doesn't happen often at all, and in the 5 or so months I've been at Formet with 2 different companies, there has only been one accident, and that was caused by a careless maintenance worker not fastening a lock to keep the machine from being turned on before he entered the booth. (You will not have to worry about this on most cases, because we pretty much never go anywhere near the production lines.)

One of the great things about working with PIC Group is that most of the time, you get to work the shift you want to. Every week we call in to a toll-free number, tell the woman what we are available for, whether it be "afternoons all week except Tuesday and Friday I need – more... to take my kid to soccer, so I'll take the morning shift those days" or "I'm single, live at my parents' house and don't have anything to do, so just give me anything but mornings, I like to sleep in, and especially this Monday because I'm going to a bachelor party the night before."

Unlike most factory jobs, the PIC Group is more of "beaver" than an "ant". We work hard to get stuff done, but if there's no need to rush, why do it? It's not too rare to have the supervisor come down and say "Hey, they aren't making any more of this part for an hour, so once you finish up this box, just go take a 10 minute break while they make some of the other parts for you to inspect."

However if you are desiring a good income to support a family of 4, look elsewhere. All the steady-as-you-go comes at a small cost, and that's the wages. As a QCI, you are barely paid more than minimum wage. I personally work the midnight shift not just because it's even more laid back, but due to the $0.75 premium bonus per hour for working that time slot. It doesn't sound like much, but trust me, on this salary, it add's up to around $1200 at the end of the year, which is a good month and a half's worth of rent. You miss out on the night life, but in the end it's worthwhile if you don't have commitments like marriage or "bro-dom".

Pack a lunch, but keep one thing in mind: Unlimited Free Coffee. You might have to make it yourself on occasion, but it's free, can you really complain? If you are not a coffee drinker, there is cheap "juice" available in 2 out of a possible 3 flavours, rotating every few days: Vaguely Reminiscent of Orange, Might-Actually-Include-Fruit Punch, and "Lemonade". It's all just basically just a cheaper Kool-Aid powder and water.

All-In-all, If life doesn't hand you Fanshawe College...
Make PIC-emonade. – less