The PIC Group

The PIC Group Employer Reviews

Enjoyable position but....
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: working with a diverse group, learing new things, being productive
Cons: favoritism, lack of weekly hours on schedule, no sorts often, personal relationships between management and emplyees
First, I feel that the weekly call is difficult at times because it seems everyone tries to call in which leave you having to repeat calling the service just to register to be considered for the hours during the week. I do understand that senior quality control inspectors have priority over others, but with the newly hired, it takes forever to placed – more... on the weekly schedule.

I have learned a great deal with the on the job training. I was so excited about working there, but again, very difficult to get on the weekly schedule.

The management...well that could be better. I found that most managers played favoritism to certain QCI, and it others not feeling like they belong during the shift. Not only the favoritism, but I found out there were personal relationships going on to point to where those involved we not trying to keep it on a professional level, to which disagreements arose on the job site, and made work your shift difficult to endure at times.

The hardest part of the job was the introduction of new sorts without proper training. I am prior military, and I like structure, to which this shift had none, often times most QCI left without the supervisor knowledge, and slacking out during the shift by just sitting around doing nothing. When there were no sorts to inspect, instead of just sitting around, let's get some training in topics that would not only benefit the company , but the employees at the same time.

Like I said before, I enjoyed coming to work and being productive. You get the chance to meet and work with a diverse group of people striving for the same goal...to inspect sorts with minimum errors and make the PIC Group profitable. – less
productive
Quality Control Inspector, Shift Lead, CNC (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great managment
Cons: company went out of business
Great place to work at steady work 8hr shift family time go in do your job help others if you can and go home
insepted
Parks Inspector (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 22, 2014
looking over auto parts before they are shipped. its and 12 hour work day. in a factory .
relaxing
Quality inspector (Current Employee), MIJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: on call
relaxing. very easy simple work. only problem was the work was on call at all times
Productive and laid back work place.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAMay 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and plenty of overtime.
Cons: job layed off.
It was a great company to work for. We came in did our job and we were rewarded very well for that. We were treated to free lunch sometimes as well as early wok days or all the overtime you wanted.
Fast paced work enviornment
Program Manager (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILJanuary 22, 2014
A fast paced work environment that required working in multiple locations locally as well as out of town.
Active place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 20, 2014
Very active place to work, keeps you on your toes. Being a supervisor with this company has made me a better person and leader.
alot of lay offs as well as unpredictable hours
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Princeton, INDecember 30, 2013
Pros: feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
Cons: too many lay offs with unsafe working conditions
We are often asked to go home early do to the lack of consistent work as well as being laid off several days out of a week. The management constantly complain about how people don't have their proper personal protective equipment, then hand us Kevlar gloves with holes to handle sharp metal parts.

Clean while waiting for the work to come through. Once – more... the work comes through I begin parts inspection and organizing the parts. The end of my shift includes completing necessary paperwork and computer data entry. – less
prefer to keep coments to my self
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Chrysller Trenton Engine SouthNovember 3, 2013
Pros: they would try to work you around your schedual as far as time off
Cons: no holiday, pay
had fine co-workers for the most part ,work was interesting management generally tried to accommodate employees. The hardest part of the job was the mile and a half wake back to the office
after standing in one place for 12 hours., The most enjoy able part of the job was fellow employees and friendships made
Quality Inspector
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Chattanooga TnAugust 31, 2013
Pros: an opportunity to inspect parts for a major company
Cons: pic onsite leads are incompetent, lazy and they are not responsible.
I am employed in Chattanooga Tn with PIC I was happy to be a part of major company. My review of PIC is -0 simply because their onsite staff is incompetent and they yell at their team when they ask questions or ask them what order o f work is next. I don't like being yelled at because one of the lead night manager is asking them for inspected parts. – more... They yell in front of the company employees and they have nasty disagreements with each other. All night long they sit and yell and talk to you in a childish manner. No one approach them in fear of losing their jobs. They need to be evaluated, and trained in leadership skills. I question the company. If you are a treat to them they will try and break your spirit by yelling and try to fire you make you quit. I have never seen anything like these three in my life. They give PIC a bad name and the company ask how we deal with PIC. There needs to be order and unbiased leadership. The might leads.need to get up out their chairs and lead their team. – less
good job but was on call
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Trenton, MIAugust 6, 2013
My job was to inspect parts of what ever car model we had in at the to make sure the were able to function correctly. And I checked all parts from the engine block to the electrical wires.
Fun place to get job skills.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 11, 2013
8hour work day just like any other job.Must complete standard tar in order to graduate.
unorganized,
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCJuly 3, 2013
since the day i started there, it has been so much confusion. they felt like they didnt need us there because they felt like they are having to pay our contractor too much.they would constantly change up rules and regulations and would not inform anybody from the pic group.
Inspecting Job at the PIC Group
Inspector General (Current Employee), Lincolnton, NCMay 28, 2013
Pros: like the pay and like the job
Cons: unknown set of hours, can be strenuous on your body
read instructions and listen to manager instructions before starting work and learned the job the first day upon arriving and coworkers help as a team to get the job done
Cool job to have, but short lived
Motorola Representative - Hummer H2 (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMay 24, 2013
Pros: great wages
Cons: temperary employment, hours cut to 10 hous a week.
Great wages, learned a lot about the automotive industy. Co-workers were great but as a supplier representative in a union shop made communication and execution troubling at times.
hotstyle work environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Township of Shelby, SDApril 20, 2013
No advancement for employees from within or wage increase. a typical day at work is no communication between management. I learned how to not trust or rely on others to educate you about you job duties. Management allowed the older employees to dictate how,when and where to place newer employees. Co-workers were a bunch of back-biters, unpleasant to – more... work with. Hardest part of job, the older employees. I enjoyed working alone. – less
Decent Position
Inspector (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCApril 6, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: not a reliable position
Go in inspect parts, i now know how what a hub part is suppose to be like brand new. great co-workers, very work focused area! management was not focused on making any employees position full time, or making sure people had any regular hours.
Not Enough hours per week!
Qaulity inspector (Current Employee), Princeton, INJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: work experience, different jobs everyday
Cons: under 40 hours a week, always sending people home early or asking for volunteers!
Good place to work if you just want a job and no advancement. It isn't like you going to advance far or getting enough money to survive on a month, but you can at least use it as a stepping stone and find something a little more permanent while you work!

Off 3 or more days and don't get hardly any overtime.
Management is good when push comes to shove.
Driving – more... to work everyday. – less
It was a fun place to work
Third party inspector (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breks
Did inspection for different companies I learned to inspect parts and management were very helpful when needed. The workers helped when needed.The hardest part of the job was not having any work
Great work place for people who like to travel
Lead Hand, Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Opelika, ALOctober 27, 2012
Pros: had great benefits package and travel
Cons: shortbreaks
A typical day at work was safety first and making sure everyone was at there desired duty station performing task. I've learned that leading a group of people to want more and strive more in the work place is not that difficult. Management team was excellent.

1 2 3