The PIC Group Employee Reviews

It was a good experience.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work was a good. I learned a lot from my supervisor. Management was okay. Co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was being on call. The most enjoyable part of the job was working to provide for my family.
Pros
Working at different sites
Cons
Not getting to work enough
I would not recommend the pic group in huntsville, al- toyota site
lead hand (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 3, 2016
Upper management is awful! They barely show up to site. Lie on employees to protect themselves and make themselves look better. Hostile work environment. Was an absolute awful experience!
Pros
none I can think of
Cons
awful upper management, hostile work environnment
Quality Inspections
Quality (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 24, 2016
3 rd. party quality inspection / jobs may last a few hours a few days / a few weeks / a few months / no guarantee of 40 hrs. / job location changes sometime daily / pack a lunch.
It was not the worst job in world. just boring and slow.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INNovember 22, 2015
I did not like going to work there and then sitting at a table all night. If you were not on the line. Id rather stay busy. They hire tons of people and then send most of them home within hours
Pros
nice supervisors.
Cons
the job was slow and boring when you was not online.
In need of a job
Insspector/assembler (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIMarch 17, 2016
Worked in assembly. Assembled different parts on machines. Usually grouped by jobs.

Learned different assembly tooling operations. Able to surpassed quotas.

Management: I really have no idea!! No real directions on how to perform job operations. SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) were not readily available for each assembly job. Asked for standard production numbers for each job and I get different answers. Example: How many cases for a listed job assembly? Manager = 36, Supervisor = 40. Where are they pulling these numbers from? No one can answer that? Anyways, I did 44 cases per 12 hour shift.

Co-workers were great!! They taught me how to assemble for each job. This was the supervisors job - didn't happen.

Hardest part was not knowing what standard production numbers were and getting bad parts from inspection which slowed down assembly due to the assembler (me) having to FIX that part before assembly. Then the supervisor complains we did not meet production numbers (whatever they were). Imagine a normal assembly of 1600 parts - production falls to 800 to 1200 due to trying to fix and rejecting 100+ parts.

Enjoyable: being productive and NOT having to collect welfare!!!
Pros
Great co-workers, being productive
Cons
Low pay, management, long hours
Slave work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 8, 2015
I do not recommend anyone to work for the Huntsville area PIC Group. Toyota plant specifically.If you do, I hope you don't have a family to spend time with.
Good review
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MIJuly 3, 2015
Work was good and sometimes hectic but busy. Management was fine , surroundings are good. Sometimes other employees get to be complaining and lazy but resolved the issues, systems needed to be changed with Chrysler help. Biggest problem is unionized and non-union workers were working side by side became a problem. Overall, PIC Group needs to increase the pay scale to keep their workers .
Pros
attitude, management, busy working and easy work
Cons
experienced management, union versus non-union employees
Inspecting car parts
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2015
This job was one of my favorite. I've never work with such and amazing group of people. I made a decent amount of money working there and never dreaded getting out of bed to go. Inspecting car parts had never seemed so interesting. If I had the opportunity to work with this company again I definitely would love to.
Its a good job, the upper management does not do their job very well but hey what can I do
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 11, 2015
I would go into work on the first day. Get trained on what I am inspecting and what to look for. Then do it for the rest of the day. The job was really not hard. The hardest thing that I did was dealing with the turnover rate for some of the places I worked. A lot of the time people would not show up and I would have to fix the problem on my feet. Which is not an issue. But the upper management is awful.
Pros
good job, easy money.
Cons
upper management
Its a productive and great work place, it keeps me on my toes and learning new things daily.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Trenton,MIJune 16, 2015
It is a good learning experience. I am learning the car literally from the inside out. The job is not hard at all, its very easy and keeps you on your feet at all times.
Pros
We get a lot of free time.
Cons
We have a split schedule which doesn't allow us to see a full 80hours.
Good short term, not career unless in right location
LEAD HAND (Current Employee) –  MidwestApril 27, 2015
The company is laid back and overall could be a great career however it is a 3rd party company that relies on "contracts". hourly pay is not great however the compensation for drive time, and all the little stuff makes up for it.

Job Work/Life Balance- you only know your hours if the contract that you got hired for is a large site that will last otherwise it is always based on daily basis

Job Security/Advancement- you NEVER know when your contract is up till the day of.

Management- Team work is everything, which is always good.

Overall rating* is low due to not able to make a career, and having stable work life.
Fun to work at
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MISeptember 1, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company had good training and good people to work with. the job was challenging and rewarding the management was excellent hardest part of the jobs was locating the work place
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
nice work place
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  shelby townshipMay 22, 2015
Go in at 5-6 in the morning and getting to my station and learned new parts for the car management were nice and worked with us very well my coworkers I got along with very well hardest part of the job was getting rushed at the last minute but I took it well the best part were we just enjoy each others company and work getting along with others
No benifits, no insurance, no yearly evaluations
Supplier Quality Technician/Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  vw of chattanoogaJune 3, 2015
I love being in quality assurance but the company i work for offers no benifits, no insurance, no raises as promised. I need to move on and find a company that will appreciate my leadership skills and ability to work with people.
I liked the staff and how well they listened.
inspector (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 15, 2015
I would start with staff meeting, find out the order that was to be inspected, the supervisor would show us the problems to look for and we would start inspecting. If I traveled to other assignments I would be given the issues with the parts by the supervisor of the assigned plant and I would then write up instructions on what too look for, the boundaries in which our criteria would be met, and if things changed i would make changes to our instructions and imform all my coworkers. I loved inspecting andd trying to help companies with their product.
Pros
loved traveling and the feeling that i could keep the company from passing bad parts to the consumer
Cons
i didnt like how my supervisor really wasnt attentive when i needed assurance about my instructions.
Great set of task associated with my position there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 24, 2015
My task were good, high level for my position and there was opportunity for advancement and career growth. Great office environment.
Pros
Short commute from home, lots of lunch options
Don't do it
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Shelby TownshipJanuary 10, 2015
This is a horrible place to work. They treat you like Dirt worse than Dirt they will beat you down some of the Perk's can be great but they will beat you down to the ground one mistake they email the entire company and celebrate your mistake. They are negative people they will take you out for drinks in use whatever you say against you. Awful awful awful awful company. Everybody gets to push you around .They are Evil...
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
everything about this company
The Pic Group is a 3rd party containment company
Lead Hand, at BASF, Cellasto plant (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIDecember 17, 2014
Typical day is started by talking with the Midnight Lead Hand and discussing issues or changes that occurred. I learned how to transition the midnite work and to flow it into the days shift work. Management are always able to be contacted for help or input.
Pros
freedom to suggest changes and have them explored with out immediately being dismissed
Cons
not employed long enough to assess any cons yet.
A good starter job
Inspector (Current Employee) –  San AntonioNovember 12, 2014
Overall I did enjoy my experience, I made a bunch of friends and work environment is friendly. A normal day is come in write paper work of all the items we were checking and wait till the drivers drop off the parts for us to check. I enjoyed how everyone communicated and we were funny and always had a good attitude, the hardest part is working 12 hours a day for months with hardly anytime for yourself outside of work until the weekends not unless you work on Saturdays.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
inconsistent hours, and not financially stable
Quality Inspection
Automotive Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 27, 2015
I had to pull inventory from the finish goods area and prepare to perform visual inspection on various automotive parts. I also collected and recorded data regarding defects,tag and isolate defective material and communicated results to manger or supervisor.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare

2.6