The PIC Group

The PIC Group Employer Reviews

Not Enough hours per week!
Qaulity inspector (Current Employee), Princeton, INJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: work experience, different jobs everyday
Cons: under 40 hours a week, always sending people home early or asking for volunteers!
Good place to work if you just want a job and no advancement. It isn't like you going to advance far or getting enough money to survive on a month, but you can at least use it as a stepping stone and find something a little more permanent while you work!

Off 3 or more days and don't get hardly any overtime.
Management is good when push comes to shove.
Driving – more... to work everyday. – less
It was a fun place to work
Third party inspector (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breks
Did inspection for different companies I learned to inspect parts and management were very helpful when needed. The workers helped when needed.The hardest part of the job was not having any work
Great work place for people who like to travel
Lead Hand, Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Opelika, ALOctober 27, 2012
Pros: had great benefits package and travel
Cons: shortbreaks
A typical day at work was safety first and making sure everyone was at there desired duty station performing task. I've learned that leading a group of people to want more and strive more in the work place is not that difficult. Management team was excellent.
like variety of work
Inspector (Current Employee), Rockford location- management located in MISeptember 28, 2012
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: on-call schedule
at customer work site talk to quality personnel about issue
sort product of issue
report findings to quality manager
report findings to PIC manager
co-workers good to work with
travel at varied hours
enjoy the variety of work
Pic group inc.
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Current Employee), Shelby.MiJune 27, 2012
Cons: n/a
I MOSTLY WORKED BY MYSELF. FILLED OUT DATA SHEETS.INSPECT 100 TO 1.000S OF PARTS. IF THE PARTS CAN BE REWORKED ITS DONE.NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE.ALL PIC PEOPLE CAN NOT DO THE SAME JOB.S IF YOU HAVE A BACKGROUND IN Fab,or Machine program/process.

Also I know that just not anyone is sent or called to a prototype shop.to fix parts.so I was bless to work – more... with Nissan.Ford.GM.an Chrysler.
management. to many people thinking of them self. but they did clean house!.
the team work is job 1. everyone works well and others meaning new people pickup fast.
there none unless you come into a place where no one knows where the parts are.
what I love most about this job is knowing when these pats are added to a car or truck my mark is on it. – less
okay
Quality Site Coordinator/Inspector (Current Employee), MIMay 23, 2012
Pros: travel to unique assignment
Cons: too much time off
looking for job security - jobs are too infrequent - enjoy meeting new people and new situations at different companies
Excellent Job
Inspection Quality Consultant Engineer (Former Employee), Canton, MSApril 15, 2012
Pros: great compensation
Cons: must be willing to travel
This compant had a lot of job opportunities and trained very well for the position.
basic job nothing interesting
quality inspector (Former Employee), oshawaFebruary 21, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: no raises
i worked at the pic group for 2 years it was just not my type of work
once on call pretty much fired
quality inspector (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2012
went from being a full time employee to being abruptly switched to on call then being only called twice then never again for 4+ months, and when i would call all they would say is theres no hours or jobs avalible.
sorting of automotive, and automotive related parts
Lead hand / Supervisor (Current Employee), GuelphNovember 21, 2011
Pros: light work
Cons: low rate of pay
The Pick Group is a fine place to work, but you will have to put in many hours in order to take home a decent paycheck. if you are not well liked by your supervisor you will not get much work. If you can stay on the good side of the office staff you will be alright, and will receive enough hours to do OK.
Fast Paced environment, Standing for long hours
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), kitchener, OntarioAugust 9, 2014
Pros: night shift wage added
Cons: 12 hour shift
Worked in a group of 2.
Carried out Quality Inspection based on the checklist provided, multitasking, strapping, packing, reject and accept good on the basis of quality.
management was good, assigned the work as needed, appreciated the work, salary deposited on time.
co-workers were friendly and coped with the production of goods in maintaining the – more... same pace for work
there was nothing like the hardest part.
the job in fact was the most enjoyable as we had to work in group of 2, there were 3 breaks timely given for rest. – less
Inspection
Inspector (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: temp job
inspected parts form the end of the line for quality control before parts got shipped out . this is how I first started my factory work.. long hours standing with out walking anywhere ...The best part of the jab was that the people were easy to get along with...
learned many different things about various car parts
Inspector (Former Employee), oshawa, onMarch 6, 2014
Pros: relaxed work enviroment many breaks
Cons: dark and dirty
GM was a dark and dirty place to work but other than that it was great. i would inspect, modify, or improve various car parts, anything from checking spot welds to applying foam strips to window seals. this was also a very fast paced work environment. i learned to pick up on small details at a faster more efficient pace. my co-workers and supervisors – more... always made the day more tolerable. – less
Working at The PIC Group
Recruiter (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 25, 2014
The PIC Group has been very good to me, and I am grateful for the flexibility I have in terms of my hours. My Manager at PIC is a great person to work with and I have learned a lot from her in the time I have reported to her.

I also have been able to work with a great group of people that make the company a good place to work.
TERRIBLE
Forklift Operator/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), OSHAWA ONTFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: very hypicritcal
WORST PLACE I EVER WORKED, MANAGEMENT HAS THEIR HEADS SO FAR UP THEIR BUTTS THAT THEY ARE NOT IN TOUCH WITH THE WORKERS, WITHOUT THE WORKERS YOU HAVE NOTHING,
Comfortable and safe workplace with fun activities.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Working with the pic group is challenging and very exciting. You get to meet people from all walks of life and the management is always involved and ready to hear any suggestions you may have. The pic group offers much room for growth along with great advancement opportunities, all you have to do is your job. The hardest part of the job is learning – more... that a contract, from a particular company, is ending and hours are going to be cut do to the shortage of work. I enjoyed my experience with the pic group and miss my co-workers and the work environment, however, I need a guaranteed 40 hours a week (plus overtime when available) job. – less
Inspecting Auto parts for sale
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 20, 2013
I learned about the different sets of tail and head lights. inspected front, back and sides. Made sure there was no debri, scratches, black specs any deformities that a company would not sell the product.
to many times getting laid off
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 11, 2013
The job experience was good, the pay is good, and the people and co-workers are friendly
very poor
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Brampton , ONSeptember 9, 2013
This is a bad company to work for.
They don;t treat their workers fairly or provide proper training.
Good learning experience of the Canadian work place
Inspector of metalurgical parts (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Good learning experience of the Canadian work force, all hard workers and good management. The hardest is some physical work the most enjoyable share experiences and help each other.