The PIC Group Employee Reviews

alot of lay offs as well as unpredictable hours
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INDecember 30, 2013
We are often asked to go home early do to the lack of consistent work as well as being laid off several days out of a week. The management constantly complain about how people don't have their proper personal protective equipment, then hand us Kevlar gloves with holes to handle sharp metal parts.

Clean while waiting for the work to come through. Once the work comes through I begin parts inspection and organizing the parts. The end of my shift includes completing necessary paperwork and computer data entry.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
Cons
Too many lay offs with unsafe working conditions
prefer to keep coments to my self
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chrysller Trenton Engine SouthNovember 3, 2013
had fine co-workers for the most part ,work was interesting management generally tried to accommodate employees. The hardest part of the job was the mile and a half wake back to the office
after standing in one place for 12 hours., The most enjoy able part of the job was fellow employees and friendships made
Pros
they would try to work you around your schedual as far as time off
Cons
no holiday, pay
Quality Inspector
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga TnAugust 31, 2013
I am employed in Chattanooga Tn with PIC I was happy to be a part of major company. My review of PIC is -0 simply because their onsite staff is incompetent and they yell at their team when they ask questions or ask them what order o f work is next. I don't like being yelled at because one of the lead night manager is asking them for inspected parts. They yell in front of the company employees and they have nasty disagreements with each other. All night long they sit and yell and talk to you in a childish manner. No one approach them in fear of losing their jobs. They need to be evaluated, and trained in leadership skills. I question the company. If you are a treat to them they will try and break your spirit by yelling and try to fire you make you quit. I have never seen anything like these three in my life. They give PIC a bad name and the company ask how we deal with PIC. There needs to be order and unbiased leadership. The might leads.need to get up out their chairs and lead their team.
Pros
An opportunity to inspect parts for a major company
Cons
PIC onsite leads are incompetent, lazy and they are not responsible.
good job but was on call
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MIAugust 6, 2013
My job was to inspect parts of what ever car model we had in at the to make sure the were able to function correctly. And I checked all parts from the engine block to the electrical wires.
Fun place to get job skills.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 11, 2013
8hour work day just like any other job.Must complete standard tar in order to graduate.
unorganized,
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJuly 3, 2013
since the day i started there, it has been so much confusion. they felt like they didnt need us there because they felt like they are having to pay our contractor too much.they would constantly change up rules and regulations and would not inform anybody from the pic group.
Inspecting Job at the PIC Group
Inspector General (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 28, 2013
read instructions and listen to manager instructions before starting work and learned the job the first day upon arriving and coworkers help as a team to get the job done
Pros
like the pay and like the job
Cons
unknown set of hours, can be strenuous on your body
Cool job to have, but short lived
Motorola Representative - Hummer H2 (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 24, 2013
Great wages, learned a lot about the automotive industy. Co-workers were great but as a supplier representative in a union shop made communication and execution troubling at times.
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Temperary employment, hours cut to 10 hous a week.
hotstyle work environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Township of Shelby, SDApril 20, 2013
No advancement for employees from within or wage increase. a typical day at work is no communication between management. I learned how to not trust or rely on others to educate you about you job duties. Management allowed the older employees to dictate how,when and where to place newer employees. Co-workers were a bunch of back-biters, unpleasant to work with. Hardest part of job, the older employees. I enjoyed working alone.
Decent Position
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCApril 6, 2013
Go in inspect parts, i now know how what a hub part is suppose to be like brand new. great co-workers, very work focused area! management was not focused on making any employees position full time, or making sure people had any regular hours.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not a reliable position
Not Enough hours per week!
Qaulity inspector (Current Employee) –  Princeton, INJanuary 23, 2013
Good place to work if you just want a job and no advancement. It isn't like you going to advance far or getting enough money to survive on a month, but you can at least use it as a stepping stone and find something a little more permanent while you work!

Off 3 or more days and don't get hardly any overtime.
Management is good when push comes to shove.
Driving to work everyday.
Pros
work experience, different jobs everyday
Cons
under 40 hours a week, always sending people home early or asking for volunteers!
It was a fun place to work
Third party inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 15, 2013
Did inspection for different companies I learned to inspect parts and management were very helpful when needed. The workers helped when needed.The hardest part of the job was not having any work
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breks
Great work place for people who like to travel
Lead Hand, Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 27, 2012
A typical day at work was safety first and making sure everyone was at there desired duty station performing task. I've learned that leading a group of people to want more and strive more in the work place is not that difficult. Management team was excellent.
Pros
had great benefits package and travel
Cons
shortbreaks
like variety of work
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Rockford location- management located in MISeptember 28, 2012
at customer work site talk to quality personnel about issue
sort product of issue
report findings to quality manager
report findings to PIC manager
co-workers good to work with
travel at varied hours
enjoy the variety of work
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
on-call schedule
Pic group inc.
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Shelby.MiJune 27, 2012
I MOSTLY WORKED BY MYSELF. FILLED OUT DATA SHEETS.INSPECT 100 TO 1.000S OF PARTS. IF THE PARTS CAN BE REWORKED ITS DONE.NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE.ALL PIC PEOPLE CAN NOT DO THE SAME JOB.S IF YOU HAVE A BACKGROUND IN Fab,or Machine program/process.

Also I know that just not anyone is sent or called to a prototype shop.to fix parts.so I was bless to work with Nissan.Ford.GM.an Chrysler.
management. to many people thinking of them self. but they did clean house!.
the team work is job 1. everyone works well and others meaning new people pickup fast.
there none unless you come into a place where no one knows where the parts are.
what I love most about this job is knowing when these pats are added to a car or truck my mark is on it.
Cons
n/a
okay
Quality Site Coordinator/Inspector (Current Employee) –  MIMay 23, 2012
looking for job security - jobs are too infrequent - enjoy meeting new people and new situations at different companies
Pros
travel to unique assignment
Cons
too much time off
Excellent Job
Inspection Quality Consultant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSApril 15, 2012
This compant had a lot of job opportunities and trained very well for the position.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
must be willing to travel
basic job nothing interesting
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  oshawaFebruary 21, 2012
i worked at the pic group for 2 years it was just not my type of work
Pros
nothing
Cons
no raises
once on call pretty much fired
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2012
went from being a full time employee to being abruptly switched to on call then being only called twice then never again for 4+ months, and when i would call all they would say is theres no hours or jobs avalible.
sorting of automotive, and automotive related parts
Lead hand / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GuelphNovember 21, 2011
The Pick Group is a fine place to work, but you will have to put in many hours in order to take home a decent paycheck. if you are not well liked by your supervisor you will not get much work. If you can stay on the good side of the office staff you will be alright, and will receive enough hours to do OK.
Pros
light work
Cons
low rate of pay